Author Topic: NIH admits US funded gain-of-function in Wuhan  (Read 1879 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: NIH admits US funded gain-of-function in Wuhan
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2022, 10:04:15 AM »
Isn't it amazing how all this information is coming out and showing that the news has been manipulated for at least 2 years?
And equally amazing how people who even ASKED THE "WRONG" QUESTIONS were silenced, denounced, or fired.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2022, 10:28:19 AM »
https://www.propublica.org/article/senate-report-covid-19-origin-wuhan-lab

https://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/report_an_analysis_of_the_origins_of_covid-19_102722.pdf

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-wuhan-institute-of-virology-faced-an-acute-safety-emergency-in-november-2019/

https://nypost.com/2022/10/29/new-report-supports-claim-covid-19-came-from-wuhan-lab/

Yet more findings on Wuhan arising from a lab leak.

Nuts. Does this mean I need to remove my "extremist" tag? Though the only reason I was an extremist was because I questioned the story that out of the bajillion open air food markets in China, the virus spread from the one down the street from one of the few virology labs in the world playing with deadly viruses, located in a country where brand new buildings constantly collapse because of a cultural lack of safety protocols.

Of course over two years later, I suppose the famous quote, "What difference, at this point, does it make?" comes into play.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2022, 11:37:22 PM »
Fauci lied, very untrustworthy, he is not an honest man.

That is what numerous people have suspected for a long time.  That this information is coming out now just shows how overdue it is.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2022, 01:01:02 PM »
Why the hell are we funding laboratories in adversary countries in the first place? If it's for the purpose of espionage - keeping an eye on ChiCom bioweapon research - it failed miserably and our spy agencies need a thorough housecleaning.

Any reason other than espionage is IMHO nothing more than a smokescreen to hide corruption. (i.e., kickbacks to US policy makers)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2022, 01:28:15 PM »
Why the hell are we funding laboratories in adversary countries in the first place?
To get data from experiments that are too hazardous, too immoral, or flat-out illegal to carry out on our own soil. That is, to maintain plausible deniability.
7-11 was a part time job.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2022, 02:07:08 PM »
To get data from experiments that are too hazardous, too immoral, or flat-out illegal to carry out on our own soil. That is, to maintain plausible deniability.
Except it wasn't plausibly deniable at all.  The records and fingerprints were there from the start with regard to the funding.  The information that the US was giving money to that lab was out pretty early on.  All they could do was try to confuse the issue and misdirect (or ban people from internet platforms).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2022, 02:28:47 PM »
Except it wasn't plausibly deniable at all.  The records and fingerprints were there from the start with regard to the funding.  The information that the US was giving money to that lab was out pretty early on.  All they could do was try to confuse the issue and misdirect (or ban people from internet platforms).
Are you implying the US involvment was sloppy and lazy, and then once the "bat" got out of the bag, the evidence of involvement became available, the numbers of reported deaths skyrocketed, so the state utilized existing political divisions and a complicit press to divert the nation into arguing over fear based emotions and statistics, silencing those who refused the manufactured narrative? Because if that's not what you're implying, then I will flat out say it.  :laugh:

revised syntax and added a clause to an already run-on sentence
7-11 was a part time job.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2022, 02:44:51 PM »
I think it is more plausible that some scientists who already believed that science should have no borders chose to outsource some work they deemed worth the risk - and thought they could have done for relatively cheap but this time it came back and bit all of us.  Then those selfsame people - already in positions of authority - rushed to cover up their mistakes.