Author Topic: Republicans' Resistance is Rotten!  (Read 443 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Republicans' Resistance is Rotten!
« on: October 25, 2021, 10:59:54 AM »
NYT Opinion section feels that Republican's resistance to taxation is their dirty little secret that makes them rotten to the core. OMG!

Good response by the guy here:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/25/kick-as-thread-takes-nyt-editors-ridiculous-piece-trashing-republicans-for-resisting-taxation-apart-argument-by-argument/

Also I guess libertarians don't count or something, even though they are much more tax resistant on the whole than Rs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Republicans' Resistance is Rotten!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 11:05:22 AM »
Ask King George III about how taxing Americans went for him.
Fast forward to today and protesting overly high taxes is somehow anti-American
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 11:22:06 AM »
How often and how long does the uniparty get to pretend there is a razor thin majority and create pretend drama about legislation?

The whole thing is a media production to obfuscate the big continual grift and destruction of traditional culture.

There is at best a tiny group of Republican legislatures who are actually men of the right and who might be trustworthy.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 11:46:18 AM »
Just more of that politician attitude we have seen exposed a few times where they think it is their money and they might give us a little if they want to.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 11:54:31 AM »
It's their money and you have no say in how it's spent
It's their property and you have no say in how it's used
It's their children and you have no say in what they're taught
Welcome to USSR II: The Wrath of Lenin
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes