Author Topic: CNN Upset That Climate Hunger Strikers Are Mocked  (Read 540 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CNN Upset That Climate Hunger Strikers Are Mocked
« on: October 27, 2021, 11:32:52 AM »
Some teenagers are doing a "climate hunger strike" and have now switched to sitting in wheelchairs. There are people walking by eating donuts, which I think is hilarious, but CNN is not pleased.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/10/27/cnn-reporter-notes-that-gandhi-and-cesar-chavez-never-had-to-deal-with-what-these-young-climate-activists-on-hunger-strike-are-facing/

FTR, I have never understood hunger strikes. Why should I feel sorry for, or acquiesce, to someone who is voluntarily not eating and who could go across the street to the Burger King and end their hunger in two minutes? It has always equated to the five-year old holding his breath to me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: CNN Upset That Climate Hunger Strikers Are Mocked
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 11:36:02 AM »
Want to know why Ghandi and Chavez never had to deal with the donut hecklers?

Because they didn't hunger strike in public. Their activities were well publicized, but they weren't sitting in the middle of a public park.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 11:36:15 AM »
Gandhi and Cesar Chavez never had to deal with videos of hecklers eating doughnuts while mocking their motives. https://t.co/m1bcwuxgi2

— Bill Weir (@BillWeirCNN) October 27, 2021

No, their followers/strikers where often beaten and/or shot instead. But I guess in CNN world getting donut heckled is much worse
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:38:00 AM »
I kinda like this comment:

Hey hunger strikes worked for Gandhi when he was protesting for Indian independence, no reason they shouldn't for overprivileged suburban teens protesting against India getting air conditioning
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 11:45:17 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 11:55:28 AM »
No, their followers/strikers where often beaten and/or shot instead. But I guess in CNN world getting donut heckled is much worse

Those with no credibility always resort to appropriating the credibility of others.

P.S.: fry some bacon upwind of them.  >:D

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 12:00:47 PM »
Suggest they smoke pot to alleviate the hunger pains then place venting machines within eyesight. Bag of chips $20
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 12:36:52 PM »
7th day and one has already been to the hospital and they are all in wheelchairs. Really. Didn't someone tell them it is OK to stay hydrated? I hope they read up on the 1981 Irish hunger strike before they got started and realize the dedication it takes to starve yourself to death. I doubt any of them make it.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 01:59:27 PM »
Suggest they smoke pot to alleviate the hunger pains then place venting machines within eyesight. Bag of chips $20

There's already a venting machine in place... that blow-hard CNN tool.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.