Author Topic: To infinity and …  (Read 1567 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: To infinity and …
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2022, 01:52:32 PM »
I'm enjoying Kenobi.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »
Actually, there was backlash against the one Asian actress in Last Jedi, which was attributed to race.

Not sure how much racial bs was actually thrown at her: most of the complaints I saw were that she was a mostly useless character (which I agreed with)
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2022, 07:56:56 AM »
Actually, there was backlash against the one Asian actress in Last Jedi, which was attributed to race.

Not sure how much racial bs was actually thrown at her: most of the complaints I saw were that she was a mostly useless character (which I agreed with)

It had nothing to do with race, it was a poorly written tacked on character acted very sloppily by a 3rd rate actress in a poorly written and executed train wreck of a movie. The actress, can't think of her name right now, was the one who tried to made it all about it about her and play the race card for attention. Hollywood SJWs and the MSM as expected gave her the attention she wanted.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:18:38 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 09:41:38 AM »
It had nothing to do with race, it was a poorly written tacked on character acted very sloppily by a 3rd rate actress in a poorly written and executed train wreck of a movie. The actress, can't think of her name right now, was the one who tried to made it all about it about her and play the race card for attention. Hollywood SJWs and the MSM as expected gave her the attention she wanted.
Yeah, she was part of the train wreck around the Finn character in that movie.  All sort of stuff that didn't make sense and had no reason for being there.  It was the character and movie people didn't like. 

She seemed to assume it was about her instead.  And others took it as an opportunity to attack the people that were critical of the Last Jedi. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2022, 10:19:21 AM »
Yeah, she was part of the train wreck around the Finn character in that movie.  All sort of stuff that didn't make sense and had no reason for being there.  It was the character and movie people didn't like. 

She seemed to assume it was about her instead.  And others took it as an opportunity to attack the people that were critical of the Last Jedi.

They build up Finn in the first movie and then basally sidelined him* for a bunch of Mary Sues. He was the one and only new character in the movie that people actually cared about but he was just a throw away character in 2 and 3. Bucket loads of wasted potential with that character. But wasted potential pretty describes all three movies.

*And every other male character as well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:33:57 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 11:11:36 AM »
They build up Finn in the first movie and then basally sidelined him* for a bunch of Mary Sues. He was the one and only new character in the movie that people actually cared about but he was just a throw away character in 2 and 3. Bucket loads of wasted potential with that character. But wasted potential pretty describes all three movies.

*And every other male character as well.
But even in the first movie, they made him a StormTrooper janitor in the end.  Then they shrunk or eliminated him in the Chinese posters.

I heard a suggestion once that Finn should have been an older character.  I think making him an older veteran (35?) sergeant level trooper would have been a better choice.  It would provide a better reason for the seeming rivalry with the Phasma character in the silver armor.  She ended up being a hyped character that didn't amount to much. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2022, 11:25:36 AM »
Most of the characters "didn't amount to much", honestly
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)