Author Topic: Where Ibrim X Owns Himself  (Read 380 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Where Ibrim X Owns Himself
« on: October 31, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
Ha ha. I hate this guy, so I love this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ibram-x-kendi-tweets-then-deletes-tweet-study-undermining-white-privilege-narrative

He claims the racists are twisting his words. I will allow him this: He believes they are twisting, not his words, but what he meant to say, which was that those dirty filthy whites are cheats and liars, trying to use minority status to get ahead, taking slots away from "real minorities".

His actual words were not twisted. Whites used minority status, and it was successful. More successful than if they just went with "white".  So that pretty much kiboshes his thesis that white people have the advantage. If being white gave them a real advantage, they wouldn't be passing themselves off as something else on the admission applications. Checking "white" would be their advantage.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Where Ibrim X Owns Himself
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 05:25:22 PM »
Back when I was in college, people who checked the "Native American" box on their financial aid applications were more likely to receive aid than those who checked "White" or "Caucasian." And I don't consider it a lie, since, well, they WERE born here (making them native) in America (making them American.)

And a number of people with very white skin checked "African American" . . . since they had immigrated from either Rhodesia or the Republic of South AFRICA where they'd been born.

And that was over 40 years ago now.

IMHO as long as government is giving preferences to people based on something like skin color rather than behavior or performance, I see nothing wrong with manipulating the system. (And that even goes for people like Elizabeth "Pocohontas" Warren . . . at least, until she hypocritically condemns other people for doing what she did.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain