Author Topic: So, it's almost that time...  (Read 389 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
So, it's almost that time...
« on: November 19, 2021, 02:28:48 PM »
My first shoot of the season is next week...

Hints for taking your kids to see Santa:

Don't treat it like a doctor's visit. We all know what happens there.

Don't make a big deal out of it the first year or two (when they're to the "able to understand" stage).

Go early - the last week you're gonna wait in a LONG-ass line with everyone else who put things off. And when kids see other kids crying... Plus there's eating, bathrooms, changing, etc., etc... Early means short or no line, and time to get Christmas cards printed.

Which brings me to "Santa is okay with the whole family in the picture. It is more fun that way."

When you get to the front of the line, especially if your adorable little rugrat is between 8 months and three years old, stay nearby. Don't just walk up and throw the kid at Santa. Yeah, that happens. Be slow. Be gentle. And if Santa waves you off, stay there, but quit poking the kid at him. People have had pictures taken, and they're trying to figure out which exact ones they want. We can chat, we can talk to your adorable toddler, and if the kid is still skittish, we'll have about 5-10 seconds of puzzled look when you do hand him off (you are a MUCH better door than a window, get the heck out of the way of the camera) before the fireworks start.

Costumes are cute. Santa getting kicked in the junk by cut little costume boots may seem funny to you. Not to Santa. Santa hasn't dropped a kid yet, but he will hang on to the screaming and wriggling tyke, like an elf holds on to the last dram from that special spiked egg nog bottle, while trying to both not injure the child (primary) and himself (way back in the list...).

Gee, I need to do a blog or something.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So, it's almost that time...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 02:36:42 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 02:39:43 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 02:42:59 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwGYfMVKQtQ

I knew one of these two posts had to be "HOOOEOEO HO Ho!"  and boot to the face.

Glad to not be let down.  Long live APS.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »
I knew one of these two posts had to be "HOOOEOEO HO Ho!"  and boot to the face.

Glad to not be let down.  Long live APS.

Yep
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »
A daily *expletive deleted*it that Santa sees blog would be great. Any domains available for the naughty list?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 06:20:14 PM »
I only have one thing scheduled this year - day job has pretty pre-empted everything else.

Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 02:43:18 AM »
BTDT, quite the experience. It was a company event but a fairly large one (Hundred+ employees and their families)

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!