Author Topic: Man killed his daughter's boyfriend for selling her into sex trafficking ring  (Read 1120 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Seems to me that a simple assessment of order of operations is necessary to resolve this.

If the Prosecution wants to prohibit Eisenman from bringing up the kidnapping and sex trafficking, they first need to prove that it either never happened, or Mr. Sorenson was not involved (and someone else was involved).

If the Prosecution first prosecutes that case, then those findings would be admissible in Eisenman's prosecution and defense.  Of course this means that Eisenman then sits behind bars with no trial happening for himself and arguably his right for a speedy trial is compromised.

I could even see certain defense lawyers agreeing to it though; if you have a blatantly guilty defendant and your main objective with a trial is to obtain a lesser offense conviction and lower period of imprisonment, you already know you're going away for years.  If it takes a year or two to get to trial you forward that wait-time in prison as time served against the lesser sentence if you win.  And the outcome of that trial would be quite mitigating to your own pending trial.

And I'm sure Mr. Eisenman would love to have a court conviction against Sorenson, even if posthumously awarded.  If for no other reason, his daughter can then use it to pursue damages against Sorenson's estate if such a thing might exist.  Not to mention a salve to his own conscience that other parties agreed with his motives, if not with his actions.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
I wouldn't be surprised to find the police have evidence that the kid was involved in those activities, but aren't going to come out with public statements claiming someone is a criminal without a conviction.  They are a suspect until convicted.  I guess we will see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/nov/21/family-defends-spokane-man-allegedly-killed-by-gir/

Given that Mr. Sorenson was given up for adoption with cerebral palsy, I bet he did suffer a birth injury at the time of delivery, sustained neurological damage and the birth parents could not deal with a special needs child.  Also an interesting point about the young lady at the center of the case being homeless in Arizona and her family's inaction on this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Eh garbage all around
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!