Author Topic: And it starts... the battle for the Midterms...  (Read 402 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
And it starts... the battle for the Midterms...
« on: November 09, 2021, 08:15:27 AM »
From my Senator, Mark Warner...

"One year from now, voters will head to the polls to decide the fate of our Democratic majority in the United States Senate. 

They’ll decide if our government will continue to focus on real results for the American people, or descend into a whirlwind of attacks on voting rights, health care, reproductive rights, and so much more." (it does on and on, but it is, as you can suspect, an appeal for money...).

Come on, Warner, you SOB! Say his name! Say it! It's TRUMP!

Come on, you know using the spectre of Donald Trump is a winning strategy! Terry McAuliffe proves that! SAY IT!

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: And it starts... the battle for the Midterms...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 09:11:59 AM »
You actually read the stuff they send you?  More than I do.  I don't even read the stuff I get from politicians I don't dislike. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 09:18:26 AM »
I read them occasionally to see what they're up to.

I read the ones leading up to the Virginia election just to see how hard they were pushing the Trump button and it was practically Trump every other word.

Since the election they've gone mostly silent, and I definitely want to read the ones coming out after the election to see what path they're going to take moving forward.

I'm really hoping that they don't learn anything from Virginia and continue to beat the Trump drum.

Because it worked SO well for them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »
Someone on the R side has passed around my phone number.  I get politicians begging for money daily.  I block them, but that doesn't stop it.  Spam email I can deal with.  Spam texts are just irritating. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 09:48:04 AM »
I've not signed up for any Republican party notifications.

I signed up for Democratic party notifications a couple of years ago because the rage they were spewing during Trump's presidency just amused the absolute hell out of me.

I also signed up using my home phone, which I NEVER answer.

But, I have gotten some political texts on my cell phone, but nothing frequent and they're often directed at another individual (who lives in Richmond, Virginia) who somehow became associated with the cell number I've had since 1996.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 09:52:28 AM »
You should ask for lots of campaign literature to distribute. Maybe get some funding to hold events.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 09:53:56 AM »
Yeah, that's a HARD pass.