Author Topic: CNN retrenching?  (Read 791 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
CNN retrenching?
« on: November 13, 2021, 08:50:54 AM »
This is only being reported on conservative news sites so far, but it would be glorious if it were true.

https://ussanews.com/cnn-to-reportedly-fire-good-number-of-on-air-talent-staff-in-major-shakeup/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: CNN retrenching?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
Maybe Soros cut off his money because CNN wasn't anti-American enough
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 09:06:50 AM »
I can see them bring a bunch of people over from MSNBC.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »
They're going to fire a "good number" of on-air talent staff . . .

Based on what I've seen of them lately, a "good number" would be 100%.

Go woke, go broke.

(Nah . . . people aren't watching, because, well, they're racist. They're White supremacists, too. Including the Black and Brown people.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »

I doubt that the replacement "talent" will be an improvement.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 09:47:35 AM »
It's unbelievable to me that spending 90% of their airtime talking about Fox News hasn't been a grand success for them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 10:03:06 AM »
Allegedly they're going to go back to the all news format that they had when they originally started.

Hell, they were my absolute go to for news for many years. They didn't have an overt political stance and employed some top notch people.

Peter Arnett and Bernie Shaw's reporting from Baghdad during the opening days of the First Gulf War was nothing short of incredible.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »
I doubt that the replacement "talent" will be an improvement.

Obviously the old guard weren't far enough to the left.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 11:11:56 AM »
Good luck finding someone as good as Shaw was in this market .
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 12:42:24 PM »
Obviously the old guard weren't far enough to the left.

Problem is, CNN can't get any farther left. MSNBC has cornered the market on true Communism in broadcasting talent.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 10:06:24 PM »
Problem is, CNN can't get any farther left. MSNBC has cornered the market on true Communism in broadcasting talent.
Hmmm . . . Vladimir Pozner is along in years (if he's still around at all) and Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf hasn't been seen for quite a while, either.

(Vladimir of course was the voice of Radio Moscow's Soviet propaganda broadcasts and we know the other guy more familiarly as Baghdad Bob.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 10:34:17 PM »
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf hasn't been seen for quite a while, either.

So, you're telling he he didn't get a sex change operation, change his name to Jen Psaki and go to work for Biden?
I coulda sworn it was him.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 10:45:05 AM »
I seem recall something about him becoming a teacher.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 11:20:58 AM »
So, you're telling he he didn't get a sex change operation, change his name to Jen Psaki and go to work for Biden?
I coulda sworn it was him.
I think his daughter is the NBC reporterette who came up with "Let's Go Brandon" to try and cover up what the crowd was actually chanting at a NASCAR race.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2021, 03:14:38 PM »
They will do straight "unbiased" news with all leftist, Democrat, presuppositions and framing.

This is, believe it our not, worse than the obvious dumpster fire that now is CNN.

All of the NPC's will immediately re-adopt CNN as the Fair and Balanced straight "unbiased" news, mostly because most people are idiots.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.