Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Author Topic: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...  (Read 238 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« on: November 15, 2021, 01:54:54 PM »

GOP "too dangerous" to run Congress. I think it's going to get even more fun as their polling numbers continue to tank...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-gop-too-dangerous-congress-midterm-pitch-voters

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
Re: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 02:00:38 PM »

Didn't they tried that tack in Virginia?
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
~George Carlin

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 02:06:46 PM »

Not really.

They tried TRUMP! THE REPUBLICANS ARE TRUMP! ALL TRUMP ALL THE TIME! TTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Worked really well for them.

This note from the DCCC appears to have learned something from that debacle. Trump isn't mentioned once in it.

Now they're just painting with the widest possible brush.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 02:09:09 PM »

Didn't one or two of them also double down on schools deciding what is best for your children and the hell with what parents think?  I heard someone suggesting that issue was a big part of the swing in voting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 02:10:46 PM »

As far as the left and dems are concerned GOP = Trump.
Yes we know different but I like to think CNN & MSNBC don't tell us what to think here.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
~George Carlin

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 02:26:27 PM »

Didn't one or two of them also double down on schools deciding what is best for your children and the hell with what parents think?  I heard someone suggesting that issue was a big part of the swing in voting.

yes, McAuliffe pretty much doubled down on that, and that turned a LOT of parents against him.

But that happened in September at the last debate.

At that moment Youngkin was still a point or two behind and IIRC it had been pretty stagnant for a few weeks.

That means that McAuliffe, who had been playing the Trump card the whole race to that point, had stalled with that messaging and was, in fact, losing ground on that message. Polling after the election pretty much showed that no, people were no longer recoiling in horror at the spectre of Trump because, well, he's no longer in office...

But when Youngkin took McAuliffe's statement on parents should get no say in what their kids are taught... well, we all know how that ended up.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 08:35:49 PM »

Dangerous? Be careful...

The desire for perfect safety has pretty much altered a lot of society in some areas...
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 09:33:22 PM »

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• The Great Negro
  • friend
  • Radicalized since 1776 - beep/bop/boop
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »

This dumb *expletive deleted*ck lol

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-texas-governor-running

I hope he waste millions of Bezos/Soros/Bloomberg dollars. Not sure they'd back him at this point, though.
This member used to have another name, and the name that this member used to have was fistful.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 11:42:57 PM »

I hope he waste millions of Bezos/Soros/Bloomberg dollars. Not sure they'd back him at this point, though.

The next Governor race in Texas might be more interesting than I want it to be.  Gov. Abbott hasn't been bad, but he wasn't great and kept COVID restrictions around just a bit too long.  The joke is to look at what Desantis does and Abbott will do it 3 weeks later after running it through focus groups.  I hear that Allen West was thinking of running against him, but he just strikes me as Mr. Establishment and hasn't been elected to anything in years.  Not sure who else is running, but some may think Abbott is vulnerable.  Once all that is done, Beto is an after thought.  I can't see how his antics while running for President will help him here in Texas.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 12:22:11 PM »

. . . Once all that is done, Beto is an after thought.  I can't see how his antics while running for President will help him here in Texas.
Maybe he thinks that despite Texas' best efforts, the Feds will enable voting by illegals in the next election . . . combined with the votes of Kali transplants, that might be a problem for the Lone Star State.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Those who work for a living are being BURIED by those who vote for a living.
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi