Author Topic: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...  (Read 10208 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 01:15:07 PM »
Thank you for the background.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2022, 09:19:12 AM »
Many of the Ds and their MSM allies are screaking this will be the last election if the Rs gain control of congress.
Yes I know some on the right were saying the same thing during the Obama admin but I thinks the Ds are trying to ramp it up to "action on the streets" if you know what I mean over the matter i

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2022, 09:44:42 AM »
Many of the Ds and their MSM allies are screaking this will be the last election if the Rs gain control of congress.
Yes I know some on the right were saying the same thing during the Obama admin
You don't have to go back that far. Plenty of people said that before, during & after the 2020 election. People say that about every election.
Eventually they will be correct but probably not this time.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2022, 10:32:03 AM »
You don't have to go back that far. Plenty of people said that before, during & after the 2020 election. People say that about every election.
Eventually they will be correct but probably not this time.
I agree with you on that.  I was thinking I heard Dems ask if the Bush Admin would step aside.  Heard some speculate about it with Obama and Trump. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2022, 12:12:29 PM »
Then again, we haven't had a free and fair presidential election since 2016. But, yeah, let's whistle past the graveyard...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2022, 02:51:20 PM »
I don’t think he has the troop numbers he thinks he has but his voting rights speech was a great one if the next thing you plan involves cranking up your armored vehicles.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2022, 03:19:12 PM »
Looks like a possible false flag operation going on in FL.

Blue-check screeching at DeSantis about super fake looking anti-Semitic flyers distributed around Miami Beach goes SO wrong
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/01/24/blue-check-screeching-at-desantis-about-super-fake-looking-anti-semitic-flyers-distributed-around-miami-beach-goes-so-wrong/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2022, 06:23:06 PM »
Already playing the Putin card

US intelligence officials think Vladimir Putin has found an excuse to interfere with our upcoming elections
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/09/us-intelligence-officials-think-vladimir-putin-has-found-an-excuse-to-interfere-with-our-upcoming-elections/
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2022, 06:32:37 PM »
Remember you heard it here first.
The D's will concoct a reason to get Veep Harris to resign.  Then the shadow government that is running Biden will get Michelle O appointed as VP.  Then the D's can shed themselves of Biden, which will be after the midterm control of congress by the R's, and Michelle O will become president with her hubby in the background pulling her strings.  That way we get 10 years of Barak II because everybody just loves Michelle.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2022, 09:03:06 AM »
Quick! Cancel student debt

MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan says President Biden needs to cancel student debt ASAP because elections are coming
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/11/msnbcs-mehdi-hasan-says-president-biden-need-to-cancel-student-debt-asap-because-elections-are-coming/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2022, 06:02:36 PM »
Got to buy the votes

BREAKING — The Biden admin on Tuesday announced sweeping reforms for income-driven repayment programs. Over 3.6 million borrowers are expected to benefit, according to ED, with at least 40,000 borrowers receiving immediate student loan forgiveness. https://t.co/XXv9BTd8v1

— Adam S. Minsky (@AdamSMinsky) April 19, 2022

Biden administration kicks midterm campaign off by forgiving 40,000 student loans
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/19/biden-administration-kicks-midterm-campaign-off-by-forgiving-40000-student-loans/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2022, 06:08:54 PM »
Possible fuzzy memory here but didn't Trump mention something along these lines and the MSM immediately slammed it as vote buying?
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2022, 06:50:21 PM »
What about all the folks who have already paid off their student loans?  Up the creek?  How will they buy them off?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2022, 08:42:53 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2022, 08:57:47 AM »
And the rats are beginning to flee the sinking ship...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-media-pivots-from-unpopular-biden-ahead-of-midterms-as-reality-sets-in

Related, Biden has just said that he'll be running again in 2024 because "nobody else can beat Trump". Trump running or not aside (personally I don't think he should), electoral votes in the last election were close. Even if you call it a fair election, it was close. With Biden's current numbers, how does he think he would have a chance in hell? I think Arizona for sure, where it was close last time, will go R this time, just because of immigration if nothing else.

I know that some here have a problem with DeSantis, but if DeSantis runs in '24, he will run circles around Biden.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2022, 12:04:01 PM »
I really hope Biden runs again.  I doubt it.  We all know Biden is really stupid.  But I don't think the rest of the party is as stupid as he is.

And I really hope Trump doesn't. 

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2022, 12:25:25 PM »
I really hope Biden runs again.  I doubt it.  We all know Biden is really stupid.  But I don't think the rest of the party is as stupid as he is.

And I really hope Trump doesn't. 

I don't think the party cares about how stupid Biden is.  All they care about is whether he (or anybody they champion) responds correctly to the puppet strings and uses his pen in line with "company policy."

I'm still sorta dreaming Trump will pull a Hillary and establish residency in a very red state, run for Congress or the Senate, and use his powerful voice there to frustrate the Lefties.

If I'm in a really deep dream, I have him replacing Romney.  Nice to wake up with that pleasant fantasy coloring my breakfast routine.

Terry the Dreamer, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 12:39:15 PM by 230RN »

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2022, 12:47:02 PM »
Remember you heard it here first.
The D's will concoct a reason to get Veep Harris to resign.  Then the shadow government that is running Biden will get Michelle O appointed as VP.  Then the D's can shed themselves of Biden, which will be after the midterm control of congress by the R's, and Michelle O will become president with her hubby in the background pulling her strings.  That way we get 10 years of Barak II because everybody just loves Michelle.

I've never considered the procedure for replacing a VP partway through a term, but my first thought was that the Speaker of the House would become VP; it shouldn't be possible for the VP to be an appointed position since it's next in line for the Presidency.

A little websearching and I find that the 25th Amendment addresses this, and I also discovered that evidently Gerald Ford was effectively unelected to both the office of VP and President, which is more than a little disturbing.  Yes, the House and Senate voted on him being appointed to VP, but 1 year later he took the office of POTUS as a consequence of Nixon's impeachment.  He was House Minority Leader at the time.  The Speaker was a D.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2022, 01:25:50 PM »
It wasn't a consequence of Nixon's impeachment.  Nixon resigned from office to avoid being impeached.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2022, 01:46:08 PM »

If I'm in a really deep dream, I have him replacing Romney.  Nice to wake up with that pleasant fantasy coloring my breakfast routine.

Terry the Dreamer, 230RN

That would be hilarious!   =D

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2022, 03:52:48 PM »
The best thing that Trump and DeSantis could do would be to announce their candidacy on the same stage, at the same time, and each say that the other will be their VP.

Then shake hands, announce that they will be a team, and will have the best non-governmental minds on hand to clean house.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2022, 08:22:18 AM »
Suddenly the voting machines are vulnerable to hacking again.

Republicans pounce in 3…2…1…: CISA warns of ‘vulnerabilities’ in Dominion Voting machines currently used in 16 states, AP reports
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/01/republicans-pounce-in-3-2-1-cisa-warns-of-vulnerabilities-in-dominion-voting-machines-currently-used-in-16-states-ap-reports/
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2022, 08:34:08 AM »
Suddenly the voting machines are vulnerable to hacking again.

Republicans pounce in 3…2…1…: CISA warns of ‘vulnerabilities’ in Dominion Voting machines currently used in 16 states, AP reports
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/01/republicans-pounce-in-3-2-1-cisa-warns-of-vulnerabilities-in-dominion-voting-machines-currently-used-in-16-states-ap-reports/

I'm surprised the Democrat powers-that-be haven't condemned this reporting as misinformation.  I'm even more surprised that they haven't flat out forbidden reporting at all on this subject.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2022, 08:46:30 AM »
I'm surprised the Democrat powers-that-be haven't condemned this reporting as misinformation.  I'm even more surprised that they haven't flat out forbidden reporting at all on this subject.

They want this info out so if they lose they can blame Trump loving Russian hackers again.

2000 - There's a problem with our voting machines
2004 - There's a problem with our voting machines
2008 - Voting machines are fine
2012 - Voting machines are fine
2016 - Russian hackers!
2020 - Voting machines are fine
2022 MT - There's a problem with our voting machines
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2022, 03:24:45 PM »
There will be war!
Got to ramp up the scare tactics

“It would also embolden, uh, Republicans and the far Right and white nationalists across the country to begin to believe that it is their time to not just take power in the House, but the Senate, the White House, and state houses across the country. And we gotta understand that this is a group that has been radicalized by the Great Replacement myth and many other things and have been pushing for violence and pushing for even civil war. So that is what’s at stake right now in terms of this election.”

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) June 14, 2022[/quote]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/14/hard-left-dem-rep-jamaal-bowman-suggests-that-gop-wins-in-midterms-could-ultimately-lead-to-civil-war-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes