Author Topic: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...  (Read 10226 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2022, 03:48:00 PM »
There will be war!
Got to ramp up the scare tactics

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) June 14, 2022
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/14/hard-left-dem-rep-jamaal-bowman-suggests-that-gop-wins-in-midterms-could-ultimately-lead-to-civil-war-video/
He says the "Great Replacement Myth".  What about the "Great Switch" myth where all the racist Southern Democrats suddenly switched parties at some point?  At least conservative conspiracy theories have some facts at the core. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2022, 06:29:32 PM »
He says the "Great Replacement Myth".  What about the "Great Switch" myth where all the racist Southern Democrats suddenly switched parties at some point?  At least conservative conspiracy theories have some facts at the core.

The "Great Replacement Myth" is obviously true.  Of course the government is doing it best to make white people a minority as quickly as possible.  Non-westerners are far more tolerant of abusive, corrupt and authoritarian governments than western whites.  Our government elites wants a population that will never vote it out of power.  Or be able to overthrow it with arms for that matter.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2022, 07:07:29 PM »
They have managed such division, and torqued up their own true believers SO much that they're going to NEED a conflict if they are to maintain any semblance of control.

And... RIght now the major issue is how Pride has turned back into "scare the straights."
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2022, 07:32:30 PM »
    Ask yourself: How well are you going to sleep at night knowing that every five years Ted Cruz and other Congressional Republicans pushing ultra-MAGA policies are going to vote on whether you’ll have Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid?

That’s their plan.

— President Biden (@POTUS) June 14, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/14/president-biden-wants-to-know-how-well-youre-going-to-sleep-at-night-with-ted-cruz-pushing-ultra-maga-policies/

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2022, 11:07:46 PM »
The Ultra MAGA plan is to get power and vote on things?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2022, 11:14:14 PM »
The Ultra MAGA plan is to get power and vote on things?

Insidiously sneaky isn't it?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2022, 12:15:19 AM »
They have managed such division, and torqued up their own true believers SO much that they're going to NEED a conflict if they are to maintain any semblance of control.

And... RIght now the major issue is how Pride has turned back into "scare the straights."

Maybe there are straights(so is spaghetti until it gets wet) that get the vapors over it. Me, I am just so tired of it. Who cares where you stick mr. winky, or your lack thereof, or pending removal. Just don't tell about it. Yes, your hairstyle is both stunning and brave. Could you now get my very simple order correct?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2022, 06:58:48 AM »
"Things are going very badly for Democrats when they have to bring out the ol' "Republicans will eliminate Social Security & Medicare if they win the election" argument."

That's the exact thought I had when I opened that Twitchy and read the Hair Sniffer in Chief's tweet...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2022, 07:33:37 PM »
Maybe there are straights(so is spaghetti until it gets wet) that get the vapors over it. Me, I am just so tired of it. Who cares where you stick mr. winky, or your lack thereof, or pending removal. Just don't tell about it. Yes, your hairstyle is both stunning and brave. Could you now get my very simple order correct?

I don't give half a tinkers damn what two or more consenting adults do or don't do to each other or themselves in private, but I damn sure don't want to pay for it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2022, 08:26:14 PM »
"Things are going very badly for Democrats when they have to bring out the ol' "Republicans will eliminate Social Security & Medicare if they win the election" argument."

That's the exact thought I had when I opened that Twitchy and read the Hair Sniffer in Chief's tweet...

Grandpa Simpson has a twitter account?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2022, 10:45:29 PM »
I don't give half a tinkers damn what two or more consenting adults do or don't do to each other or themselves in private, but I damn sure don't want to pay for it.

I give a damn because the collective mass of sexual immorality (heterosexual and homosexual) has rotted our whole society,.  Over 40% of all kids are bastards.  The media has become a freak show.  I saw a freaking tranny on stripper pole on an advertisement the other day.  Sexual perversion is being preached to children in the schools, the comic books, and TV.  It is being progandized by most major companies and almost every education institution.  The government glorifies perversion publicly. If you disagree, you are an evil bigot who should be fired, shunned and shamed, and your religion is monstrous.

I want to raise my children to be Christians, get married to actual members of the opposite sex, stay married, and have their own legitimate children.  Not end up as castrated, perverted freaks.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2022, 11:03:40 PM »
I give a damn because the collective mass of sexual immorality (heterosexual and homosexual) has rotted our whole society,.  Over 40% of all kids are bastards.  The media has become a freak show.  I saw a freaking tranny on stripper pole on an advertisement the other day.  Sexual perversion is being preached to children in the schools, the comic books, and TV.  It is being progandized by most major companies and almost every education institution.  The government glorifies perversion publicly. If you disagree, you are an evil bigot who should be fired, shunned and shamed, and your religion is monstrous.

I want to raise my children to be Christians, get married to actual members of the opposite sex, stay married, and have their own legitimate children.  Not end up as castrated, perverted freaks.

Clearly you're a Nazi bigot homophobe...

Welcome to the club I guess.  I've just leaned into it.  They're gonna call you horrible things if you're not on board with The Woke.  Living righteously is the best revenge.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2022, 09:48:24 AM »
We got to scare the hell out of 'em!

MSNBC’s @cornellbelcher
 gives Democrats messaging advice for minorities & the midterms: “We’ve got to scare the hell out of ‘em”
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1537188105454862339
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2022, 09:57:46 AM »

We will see what most people think about all that in November (as far as politics is concerned).  Personally I think most people see this stuff, can't do anything about it, and just go about their lives.  However, I think we are seeing some push back ramping up.  We will see where that goes.

Marvel Comics and DC Comics are owned by Disney and sales numbers are way, way down from even 20 years ago.  Most of the transitional entertainment venues are owned by a few leftists corporations or groups.  IMO, the best thing we can do is cut those off and look for other avenues for entertainment to fund.  Daily Wire is trying to set up an alternative with the movies they are making.  I think we are seeing the beginning of push back.  Marvel and DC comics sales numbers are extremely low compared to decades ago.  Most people don't like what the leftist writers are doing.  If you follow YoungRippa59 on Youtube, he is working to start a new comic book publishing company with new heroes and stories.  I think he is getting ready to roll it out soon. 

Locally, I interested to see what comes up in the Texas Legislature next Spring.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some laws against drag shows come up along with sex change medication/surgery for minors.  Some will push gun control due to Uvalde, but I don't expect that to go anywhere.  I am curious if there will be more push to encourage more teachers to be armed.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 10:17:34 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2022, 10:59:37 AM »
We got to scare the hell out of 'em!
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1537188105454862339

It's working, every time I go to the gas station or supermarket ... or check my portfolio.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2022, 11:10:54 AM »
It's working, every time I go to the gas station or supermarket ... or check my portfolio.

Word.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2022, 11:38:25 AM »
I give a damn because the collective mass of sexual immorality (heterosexual and homosexual) has rotted our whole society,.

And I wonder at this point how much of that was long term deliberate.

Was listening to a piece yesterday about Alfred Kinsey.  He was quite a nasty piece of work.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2022, 12:25:19 PM »
And I wonder at this point how much of that was long term deliberate.

Was listening to a piece yesterday about Alfred Kinsey.  He was quite a nasty piece of work.

For a few, it was deliberate.  But when you talk about vices, people are naturally tempted by those things.  If fewer people learn to control their vices, things will eventually go downhill on their own. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2022, 04:43:45 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2022, 04:23:20 PM »
Oh no! The Republicans will focus on winning the Electoral College in 2024! What a weird strategy.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/18/hillary-clinton-believes-republicans-will-focus-on-winning-the-electoral-college-in-2024/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2022, 10:56:55 AM »
ABC News said the dems will keep the house and gain up to 4 seats in the senate.
But then deleted the tweet for some reason

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/19/what-sort-of-fckery-is-this-abc-news-busted-deleting-tweet-claiming-democrats-will-hold-onto-the-house-and-take-4-seats-in-the-senate/
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2022, 03:00:42 PM »
ABC News said the dems will keep the house and gain up to 4 seats in the senate.
But then deleted the tweet for some reason

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/19/what-sort-of-fckery-is-this-abc-news-busted-deleting-tweet-claiming-democrats-will-hold-onto-the-house-and-take-4-seats-in-the-senate/

Not an "oopsie" as was stated in the article.  Someone somewhere on the Dem side let something slip.  There's going to be a lot of folks on the right disappointed when the expected "Red Tsunami" turns out to be a red wavelet, or even a blue wavelet.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2022, 05:13:13 PM »
https://pressgallery.house.gov/member-data/party-breakdown
Democrats only have an 11 vote majority currently plus 6 vacancies.  I would believe the House would switch before the Senate.  I would prefer to hear from a pollster who is looking at the races seat by seat. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2022, 05:17:46 PM »
Texas Sen. John Cornyn booed by crowd at state GOP convention while negotiating gun control bill
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-sen-cornyn-booed-crowd-state-gop-convention-negotiating-gun-control-bill

Texas Sen. John Cornyn got booed by attendees at the state's GOP convention on Friday over his involvement in negotiating a bipartisan bill focused on gun reform and mental healthcare after recent mass shootings in America.
Video in the link. 

Uvalde happened after the primary vote so he is the candidate in November.  I have no idea who is running against Cornyn in November.  That says something.  If it was someone halfway well known, they might have a shot at winning.  At this point, I think I will skip that race when I go through the ballot. 

I hope the other GOP Senate races look better, but I don't know who is up for election and where.  Only need a couple to get the majority.  More would be better so the squishes aren't in control.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2022, 05:39:58 PM »
Not an "oopsie" as was stated in the article.  Someone somewhere on the Dem side let something slip.  There's going to be a lot of folks on the right disappointed when the expected "Red Tsunami" turns out to be a red wavelet, or even a blue wavelet.

My bet is another F curve
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?