Author Topic: The PRC will kill your pets while you are in quarantine  (Read 451 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The PRC will kill your pets while you are in quarantine
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 08:44:09 AM »
Unfortunately quite common in China. Last few pandemics (Bird Flu etc..) there would be people running around beating to death any animal they could find. China has a long history of blaming animals for the ills of the country. Remember my mother in law if someone in the family got sick any animals in the area were to blame.
One notorious example, in 1958 Mao ordered all sparrows be killed. https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/09/26/1958-mao-zedong-ordered-sparrows-killed-ate-much-grain-caused-one-worst-environmental-disasters-history/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 08:51:38 AM »
So, no different than PETA, really.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 09:15:47 AM »
Don't worry, the problem has been dealt with (as far as you know). 
Shangrao municipal authorities later apologized and said the workers who killed Fu's dog had been fired for "the harmless disposal of a pet dog without having fully communicated with the pet owner," according to a statement posted online.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 09:21:05 AM »
In many Chinese cities, it could have been all of them,  it was actually illegal to have pets until recently. I remember it was illegal where my wife lived back in the 90s. But just because it may be legal now, to a point, the mindset remains.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:34:09 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes