Author Topic: Shoot 14 People and Be Back to Work on Monday  (Read 744 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Shoot 14 People and Be Back to Work on Monday
« on: April 17, 2022, 05:51:32 PM »
Are they kidding with this? The guy shoots 14 people (no deaths) and he gets a $25K bond, an ankle monitor, and the judge tells him to go ahead and get back to his normal life.

Again, compare and contrast to 06JAN.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-mall-shooting-suspects-bond-set-at-25000-can-go-to-work-with-ankle-monitor
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: Shoot 14 People and Be Back to Work on Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 06:48:03 PM »
From that article it doesn't sound like they are have charged him with any actual shooting.

That bond seems in line for "unlawful carrying of a pistol".  One assumes that if they charge him with something else, there will be a new bond hearing.

He may have gotten a little more favor because he called the cops and turned himself in as well.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 09:55:05 PM »
Columbia is a complete *expletive deleted*ing shithole so no surprise. 

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 04:31:06 AM »
Columbia is a complete *expletive deleted*ing shithole so no surprise. 

I decided if I ever moved, I'd stay away from any place that had more than three highways leading into it.

I guess they're taking "innocent until proven guilty" to ridiculous extremes.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 06:17:58 AM »
I decided if I ever moved, I'd stay away from any place that had more than three highways leading into it.

I guess they're taking "innocent until proven guilty" to ridiculous extremes.

If you are a black thug it’s catch and release these days. If you are a white methhead stealing everything you possibly can they don’t even bother to catch you in the first place. And then everybody wonders why the crime rate is high.

My wife as part of her duties for the small city (well under 30k population) she works for takes court fine payments. She has them coming in all the time to pay PAYMENTS on fines for attempted murder, no jail time ever served, just a fine. If you or I did such we’d be under the jail. The city she works for has a high murder rate and most go unsolved.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 06:32:08 AM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 09:30:56 AM »
If you are a black thug it’s catch and release these days. If you are a white methhead stealing everything you possibly can they don’t even bother to catch you in the first place. And then everybody wonders why the crime rate is high.

My wife as part of her duties for the small city (well under 30k population) she works for takes court fine payments. She has them coming in all the time to pay PAYMENTS on fines for attempted murder, no jail time ever served, just a fine. If you or I did such we’d be under the jail. The city she works for has a high murder rate and most go unsolved.

1.  I am sure all those crooks stay there and never branch out to other areas.   =(
     I heard a story last weekend of a car jacking where the crook took and uber out to a nicer part of town. 

2.  I am also sure that happens in a lot more places than I realize. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 10:57:13 AM »
How does he still have a job? His coworkers are going to keep working alongside him? Hope he doesn't work at the mall.

I know employers are desperate for help, but...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 04:28:41 PM »

That obviously lets out St. Louis then.

I-70/64/55 go into downtown, then splits 3 ways - 70 to the NW, 64 to the west, and 55 to the south.  I-255/270 makes a big circle around St.Louis, even taking the western part of IL-ANNOY from Columbia to Granite City.
  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2022, 10:25:08 PM »
How does he still have a job? His coworkers are going to keep working alongside him? Hope he doesn't work at the mall.

I know employers are desperate for help, but...

What has he been charged with that would make you hesitant to work next to him?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 07:08:23 AM »
I live a grenade's throw from Route 66... Within 10 minutes, I have I-64, I-44, I-55 and I-70, along with the beltways...

Our mass transit system is now a "don't go there" zone outside of commute times.

We also have Bail Project helping the criminals who don't make enough money in their criminal endeavors, so the stupid criminals are back on the streets to do moar stupid.

And... We have Kim Gardner, the City Attorney who doesn't bother to send lawyers to murder cases.

And our media LOVES the Democrat machine, and we have tonzo voters who vote Dem because their Daddy did...

I am in a "nice" neighborhood. There are houses within a minute or two that sell for over $500k... And STL is a cheap place to live compared to a lot of the country.
Blog under construction