Poll

Do you trust the US government to tell the truth?

Yes, I believe the US government will publish the facts, no matter the consequences.
1 (2.5%)
Yes, I believe the US government will publish the facts, except national security concerns.
0 (0%)
Sort of, I think they publish truths, but try to present a narrative around it.
0 (0%)
Sort of, I think they publish some truths, but will withhold some things for reasons that are not in the best interest of the public.
2 (5%)
No, if the government publishes a truth, it was incidental to creating a narrative or pushing a perspective.
17 (42.5%)
No, in fact, they will outright lie whenever it suits the oligarchy in power
19 (47.5%)
No, the opposite of what's said is probably closer to the truth!
1 (2.5%)
You've got this all wrong, Nick.  Let me explain....
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Do you trust the US government to tell the truth?  (Read 2009 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Do you trust the US government to tell the truth?
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2021, 09:46:28 PM »
The US government could state that the sky was blue, and I'd look out the window before accepting it.

The real tragedy is I apply that to the "Justice" system too.  Only a fool still believes in due process anymore.  Your outcome will be determined by who you know and how big your warchest is.

The treatment of the Jan 6 spicy walkthrough tourists shows that. Purely political prisoners.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2021, 12:16:38 AM »
For a while after the establishment of our Republic, we had a government of, by and for the people.  Now we have a government of, by and for the government.  The people are just resources for the government to consume.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2021, 01:09:33 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2021, 01:11:48 PM »
Government officials take their inspiration from this honest guy when they're talking to us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJMq_7alQpU&ab_channel=RichardArnold
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2021, 02:15:09 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/11/18/fact-check-fauci-supports-covid-19-vaccines-and-booster-shots/8636827002/

Various people make various interpretations of Dr. Fauci's comments.
While I certainly agree that people have reinterpreted some of his statements, do you believe Dr. Fauci has been clear, consistent, and forthright in his public communication about COVID, treatments, and vaccines?  In your opinion, has he done a good job in being the public face of health communication during this pandemic?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/11/18/fact-check-fauci-supports-covid-19-vaccines-and-booster-shots/8636827002/

Various people make various interpretations of Dr. Fauci's comments.

Various apologists, you mean.

While Fauci recently warned of waning immunity in vaccinated people, that doesn't mean COVID-19 vaccines haven't been effective, as the article claims. Health officials have discussed the need for booster shots since the early stages of the U.S. vaccine rollout as protection can diminish over time.

This is also a lie. I gave in to the hype and the lies and I received the two doses of the Pfizer vaccine in January. When I was making that decision, there was NO mention or discussion of even a remote possibility that booster shots might be required, and certainly not that a booster might be required less than a year after being "fully" vaccinated. If health officials were discussing boosters early on, they were doing so behind closed doors -- the public was not part of that "discussion."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2021, 02:31:42 PM »
While I certainly agree that people have reinterpreted some of his statements, do you believe Dr. Fauci has been clear, consistent, and forthright in his public communication about COVID, treatments, and vaccines?  In your opinion, has he done a good job in being the public face of health communication during this pandemic?

Not always and meh.

How would you do a better job under the circumstances?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2021, 02:39:44 PM »
Not always and meh.

I would not have told people to shut down all public economic activity.

I would not have lied about masks.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2021, 02:41:37 PM »
I no longer assume that Fauci and the Feds have the same goals in mind regarding the pandemic that the rest of us have, initially I assumed the best.

Carrying water for guys like Fauci is based on assuming the best of them.

That goes for President Operation Warpspeed also.

I may not have the answers but that doesn't mean I have to believe their lies or not question their motives.

I'm not blind or filled with delusions about our government.

People earn trust and lose trust by their actions.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »
Not always and meh.

1. Try to maintain humility and make clear the limits what is known instead of proclaiming as Truth everything I say. Even if that means people make decisions I wish they would not.
2. Refrain from branding everyone who disagrees with me as anti-The-Science.  Especially when I have already changed my position multiple times.
3. Be honest and transparent instead of covering up missteps and playing ridiculous semantic games to conceal my own bad choices.
4. Require transparency from industry partners

Just for a start.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2021, 08:15:39 PM »
1. Try to maintain humility and make clear the limits what is known instead of proclaiming as Truth everything I say. Even if that means people make decisions I wish they would not.
2. Refrain from branding everyone who disagrees with me as anti-The-Science.  Especially when I have already changed my position multiple times.
3. Be honest and transparent instead of covering up missteps and playing ridiculous semantic games to conceal my own bad choices.
4. Require transparency from industry partners

Just for a start.

^^^ Yep, pretty much that.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2021, 09:15:33 PM »
99.8%
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2021, 12:27:59 PM »
The State is going to save us from the various crises they've created.

This pretty much sums up every political/economic/foreign policy and cultural problem we are experiencing.

That the State ends up more powerful and that those in the State become rich along with those in the "private sector" that are "partnered" with the State is just an unintended byproduct  ;)
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2021, 04:56:02 PM »
For a while after the establishment of our Republic, we had a government of, by and for the people.  Now we have a government of, by and for the government.  The people are just resources for the government to consume.

Fantastic quote !!  :rofl:  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2021, 05:05:43 PM »
I wonder what would have happened if Trump had had a doctor, or someone with experience in medicine, as a family member...
Blog under construction