Author Topic: Crude oil...  (Read 1478 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Crude oil...
« on: November 19, 2021, 11:27:11 AM »
is getting absolutely HAMMERED today.

Right now WTI is down over $3 a barrel, apparently reacting to lockdowns in Europe.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Crude oil...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 12:46:46 PM »
The leftist NPCs will be all touting the lowered prices as the result of Brandon’s hard work when last week they were rushing to all shout that the president has no control over oil prices.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 12:47:47 PM »
Brandon had a talk with Corn Flakes
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 12:50:20 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 10:01:47 AM »
The cynic in me says MSM and dems will parade this as the greatest  move ever by a president for the America people meanwhile gas will go down 1 penny..... for a day.

US to release 50 million barrels of oil to ease energy costs
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/us-to-release-50-million-barrels-of-oil-to-ease-energy-costs/article_9e7f48aa-d777-50ed-a769-d0c77ba35d28.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 10:15:21 AM »
50 million barrels only amounts to 00.7 % of our yearly consumption. It's not even 3 days worth of our daily consumption. Comes to about two cents saved on three-dollar-a-gallon of gas.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 10:39:41 AM »
50 million barrels only amounts to 00.7 % of our yearly consumption. It's not even 3 days worth of our daily consumption. Comes to about two cents saved on three-dollar-a-gallon of gas.

Woody
But processing the price change takes three cents, so . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 10:40:14 AM »
Showmanship and a tiny drop in an ocean of oil (that we have underneath us and cannot drill).

These SPR releases "to ease the price at the pump" are never anything but giant PR stunts. It's called STRATEGIC for a reason. I hate it when this is done, whether done by a D or an R.

Knock it off and save the oil for an emergency. We wouldn't be in this fix if some doddering old fool hadn't shut down domestic production.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 10:57:28 AM »
And oil is up.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 05:18:00 PM »
Now that their little PR stunt is over we have this.
    Biden administration pushes to raise rates for oil and gas drilling on public lands and waters, citing climate change https://t.co/WWTOTppbvo

— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) November 26, 2021
After releasing oil from the SPR to lower energy prices, the Biden administration moves to increase energy prices
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/11/26/after-releasing-oil-from-the-spr-to-lower-energy-prices-the-biden-administration-moves-to-increase-energy-prices/

Though Friday’s report focuses on the fiscal case for updating the leasing program, Interior officials say they will also consider how to incorporate the real-world toll of climate change into the price of permits for new fossil fuel extraction. The Biden administration this year set its “social cost of carbon” at $51 per ton of emissions, but suggested the number could go even higher as researchers develop new estimates of the damage caused by raging wildfires, deadly heat, crop-destroying droughts and catastrophic floods.
Biden administration pushes to raise rates for oil and gas drilling on public lands and waters, citing climate change
https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/11/26/biden-oil-gas-drill-public-lands/

Let's Go Brandon

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 05:23:26 PM »
Biden doing something to hurt the USA by increasing energy prices? What happened, did the Chicoms buy another couple of Hunter's paintings at $500,000 a pop?

Let's go Brandon.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 10:49:06 AM »
Just buy an electric car.
Meanwhile my electric bill just jumped

Buttigieg: Families who buy electric vehicles 'never have to worry about gas prices again'
https://thehill.com/dem-lawmakers/583325-buttigieg-electric-vehicle-owners-never-have-to-worry-about-gas-prices-again

Just buy an electric car you BROKE losers! Joe Biden says gas prices only a problem for poor people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_t4SZijEI
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 10:53:47 AM »
Just buy an electric car.
Meanwhile my electric bill just jumped

Buttigieg: Families who buy electric vehicles 'never have to worry about gas prices again'
https://thehill.com/dem-lawmakers/583325-buttigieg-electric-vehicle-owners-never-have-to-worry-about-gas-prices-again

Just buy an electric car you BROKE losers! Joe Biden says gas prices only a problem for poor people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_t4SZijEI

Their current blather on "go electric so you don't have to pay for gas anymore" seems to be telling people to use their Mastercard to pay off their Visa and then they'll be debt free with no more Visa payments (ignore the Mastercard behind the curtain).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »
Electric bill last month was still $95. I have had a few $40 bills for this house. Lowest consumption in two years at 728kwh. Not the lowest bill.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 05:59:32 PM »
I only skimmed the passed bill but I didn't see any money going to nuke plants or fixing our electric grid. How are we going to charge all these new electric cars?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 06:04:57 PM »
Black and viscous, bound to cure blue lethargy
Sugar-plum petroleum for energy
Tightrope-balanced payments need a small reprieve
Oh, please believe we want to be
In North Sea Oil
New-found wealth sits on the shelf of yesterday
Hot-air balloon, inflation soon will make you pay
Riggers rig and diggers dig their shallow grave
But we'll be saved and what we crave
In North Sea Oil
Prices boom in Aberdeen and London Town
Ten more years to lay the fears, erase the frown
Before we are all nuclear, the better way!
Oh, let us pray: we want to stay
In North Sea Oil
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 11:08:40 PM »
Gas dropped here last week from 3.37 to 2.99 at one place I saw.  Today it's 3.28 and 3.31.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 06:15:57 AM »
I only skimmed the passed bill but I didn't see any money going to nuke plants or fixing our electric grid. How are we going to charge all these new electric cars?

That’s the best part about it it doesn’t!

Why would they fix something they can point out is a problem down the road and write endless bills to “fix it” that don’t actually fix it?

The politicians have gotten their perpetual motion pork machine figured out and are all using it like crazy.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 10:32:01 AM »
It should be coming down faster but this fine administration we have decided last week to raise the lease rates on all federal land and water. It hasn't happened yet but it will still keep fuel prices up.

Just like with lumber finally coming down they said lets double tariffs on canadian lumber. They are *expletive deleted*ing morons. Or they are doing it on purpose.....

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 12:38:44 PM »
They are *expletive deleted*ing morons. Or they are doing it on purpose.....

Yes to both.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2021, 05:28:26 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2021, 05:38:50 PM »
Much wow. Gas looks way down on that chart.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2021, 07:17:55 PM »
That is a steep drop in price!

Wait, is that scale in thousandths of a penny?

Never mind....

My weight loss would look good at that scale.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
Your weight loss after cleaning out lint out of your belly button would look great on that scale.
Good enough for an extra Snickers bar, with a diet Pepsi of course, to celebrate
- Calvin and Hobbes