Author Topic: Canada / Trudeau to essentially ban all handguns  (Read 964 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Canada / Trudeau to essentially ban all handguns
« on: May 30, 2022, 09:52:36 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadas-trudeau-freeze-handgun-ownership-mandatory-buybacks

If the law passes, no one can buy, sell, transfer, or import any handgun in Canada.

""We recognize that the vast majority of gun owners use them safely and in accordance with the law, but other than using firearms for sport shooting and hunting, there is no reason anyone in Canada should need guns in their everyday lives."

Also, mandatory buybacks of "assault-style weapons."
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Pb

• friend
Re: Canada / Trudeau to essentially ban all handguns
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 10:06:04 AM »
When the only reason to own a gun is "sport" then your "sporting goods" are liable to be banned because no one "needs" a sport.

The reason to own guns is defense, primarily against an abusive government, either your own or a foreign one, but also against evil people in general.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 10:24:03 AM »
When the only reason to own a gun is "sport" then your "sporting goods" are liable to be banned because no one "needs" a sport.

The reason to own guns is defense, primarily against an abusive government, either your own or a foreign one, but also against evil people in general.
If an evil person attacks you, one person is likely to be hurt. If you have the means of fighting back, two people can be hurt. Hence, self-defense increases violence, so no one should have the right to defend themselves.

So shut up and stop complaining, serf - we, your betters, know what's good for you.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 11:30:11 AM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 06:30:10 PM »
Update

Canadians are no longer allowed to buy, sell, or transfer legally-owned handguns after a “freeze” on the firearms took effect on Friday. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had previously announced the freeze back in May, which ironically (though unsurprisingly) led to a spike in sales in the months since. At a news conference in British Columbia on Friday morning, Trudeau announced that the new restrictions are now in effect.

Woe Canada: Trudeau announces handgun "freeze" now in effect
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/10/21/woe-canada-trudeau-announces-handgun-freeze-now-in-effect-n63508
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 09:44:41 AM »
I guess Prime Ministers in Canada are allowed to be dictators, then.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 11:23:09 AM »
I guess Prime Ministers in Canada are allowed to be dictators, then.

Fidel's Bastard living up to dear old dad.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 03:12:23 PM »
Update

Woe Canada: Trudeau announces handgun "freeze" now in effect
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/10/21/woe-canada-trudeau-announces-handgun-freeze-now-in-effect-n63508

The "freeze" is also a deferred confiscation. Inheriting a firearm is also prohibited, since that's a change of possession. So when a gun owner dies, his/her/its guns revert to the government -- with NO compensation, irrespective of their value.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 09:01:27 PM »
The "freeze" is also a deferred confiscation. Inheriting a firearm is also prohibited, since that's a change of possession. So when a gun owner dies, his/her/its guns revert to the government -- with NO compensation, irrespective of their value.

Many of the proposed gun control bills here would do the same.
I'll have to go back and look but I think 1808 does this for "assault weapons" but don't quote me on that.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 09:07:38 PM »
Many of the proposed gun control bills here would do the same.
I'll have to go back and look but I think 1808 does this for "assault weapons" but don't quote me on that.

I believe you are correct.

"Theft under color of law" is the only proper way to describe such. Too many lower and appellate courts have ruled that such laws are not unconstitutional "takings." It's past time for the Supreme Court to step up and say, "Hey! If you take a man's property without paying him proper compensation, THAT's a taking. Deal with it."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design