Author Topic: Abbott vs Beto  (Read 5019 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Abbott vs Beto
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2022, 12:20:13 PM »
My dad argues with me every time he visits about the great party swap. I told him I researched it and it didn't happen he still swears I'm wrong.

When I first moved down here there were a lot of old racists democrats here. Most local offices were held by dems. Now if you put a D by your name for a local race don't even bother running.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JN01

• friend
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2022, 01:05:12 AM »
I voted for a Democrat once, Ted Strickland for Governor of Ohio, for the most part due to his strong support for the 2nd Amendment (his Republican opponent was a gun-grabber).  He was fairly moderate and made good on his promise to pass concealed carry legislation.  Of course, when he later ran for US Senate, that went out the window and he became a hard lefty.

I will never again vote for a Democrat. No matter what a candidate says his beliefs are, in the end they will most often support whatever their party wants.  For that reason, it matters what party holds the majority.  The majority party controls what legislation moves, controls committee appointments, approves or blocks judicial appointments.  The Democrat machine is bent on destroying America, they have to be prevented from having the power to lead us down that path, even if it means voting for a scummy RINO in the general election.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2022, 08:27:05 AM »
Do any of you honestly believe America can vote it's way out of the divisive tribalism we are currently in?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2022, 08:30:41 AM »
Do any of you honestly believe America can vote it's way out of the divisive tribalism we are currently in?

I do not.  In my opinion, the best we can hope for by voting is to delay the eventual collapse of the Republic.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2022, 08:35:51 AM »
I do not.  In my opinion, the best we can hope for is to slow the collapse of the Republic.

I agree. I'm just hoping in hangs on long enough I can finish work and move to the sticks, where the collapse can happen without me.

I'm less confident now than I used to be we have that much time.  There's a lot of inertia in something as big as the US government though, and a lot of treasure to be fought over, all of which takes time.  I doubt we'll see a Venezuela or USSR circa '91 type collapse.  Just a slow slump towards lawlessness and corruption.

There's always the chance we can get a solid external enemy to join us all together. A solid enemy and several million dead might buy us a couple decades, sad as that is.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2022, 11:06:55 AM »
I agree. I'm just hoping in hangs on long enough I can finish work and move to the sticks, where the collapse can happen without me.

I'm less confident now than I used to be we have that much time.  There's a lot of inertia in something as big as the US government though, and a lot of treasure to be fought over, all of which takes time.  I doubt we'll see a Venezuela or USSR circa '91 type collapse.  Just a slow slump towards lawlessness and corruption.

There's always the chance we can get a solid external enemy to join us all together. A solid enemy and several million dead might buy us a couple decades, sad as that is.

[cough] China [/cough]

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2022, 12:12:10 PM »
Yeah but they have to actually do something so we can spin ourselves as the good guys.  If they don't actually invade Taiwan, or get caught doing some blatantly evil *expletive deleted*it outside their borders, I don't see us going full tilt at them.  They might be smart enough to just wait and let us auger in.  Of course, China also has their own internal issues that might preclude them sitting back and letting events unfold.  We'll see.

It could still be Russia too.  Let Vlad nuke Kiev and watch what happens.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2022, 12:47:49 PM »
Guess his parents failed to loctite a few screws in because it appears a few fell out.

Beto O’Rourke didn’t eat crow, humble pie or even his words after losing to Ted Cruz. He ate dirt instead.

O’Rourke, who came up short in his bid to unseat Sen. Cruz, R-Texas, despite raising $80 million for the Senate push, told the story of his earthy snack in a sprawling 3,000-word profile published by The Washington Post.

“In January, Beto hit the road, much as his father had done before him, and drew energy from the people he met, and — on one stop in New Mexico he didn’t write about in his blog — by eating New Mexican dirt said to have regenerative powers,” the profile reads.

“He brought some home for the family to eat, too.”

Remember folks, they're smarter than us.

Beto O'Rourke Ate Something Weird to Cope With His Loss to Ted Cruz
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/09/01/beto-orourke-ate-something-weird-to-cope-with-his-loss-to-ted-cruz-n2612520
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2022, 06:08:09 PM »
Is that why he's sick?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2022, 06:41:03 PM »
That news came out at least 3 years ago. I was going to say the passage of time has made it no less bizarre. Sadly, in 2022, that's not true.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2022, 07:13:32 PM »
I do not.  In my opinion, the best we can hope for by voting is to delay the eventual collapse of the Republic.

I agree.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2022, 07:28:56 PM »
My thoughts initially about Trump were that he was at the minimum a disrupter.

He has saved a lot of human life through his SC picks and he has a miniscule death count in foreign conflicts compared to nearly all the Presidents we've experienced. MAGA worked pretty good as an energy policy. It turned out he was a pretty effective disrupter of the sacrifice innocent humans and loot the land uniparty.

Beto vs Abbot? Clowns to the left of me jokers on the right ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2022, 09:16:34 PM »
Is that why he's sick?

I still suspect monkey pox.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2022, 12:15:35 AM »
I still suspect monkey pox.

Wouldn't surprise. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2022, 01:23:45 AM »
My working theory is that Monkeypox was contained on Epstein's island - until somebody had the bright idea to shut that down.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2022, 05:38:00 PM »
If it was Monkeypox I figured he would be wearing it proudly as a badge of honor.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2022, 09:50:36 AM »
Another 180º pivot

Tonight, Beto O’Rourke said he “of course” doesn't support 'Defunding the Police.'

In 2020, O'Rourke enthusiastically called for defunding and "completely dismantling” police departments.

ROLL THE TAPE

Video https://twitter.com/KyleMartinsen_/status/1576018774825660416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1576018774825660416%7Ctwgr%5E1af28bc9216e87c2fbb24107413799ad6cfb440d%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fdougp-3137%2F2022%2F10%2F01%2Fremember-beto-orourkes-embrace-of-defund-the-police-hed-like-texas-voters-to-forget-about-that-now%2F

Remember Beto O’Rourke’s embrace of ‘defund the police’? He’d like Texas voters to forget about that now
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/01/remember-beto-orourkes-embrace-of-defund-the-police-hed-like-texas-voters-to-forget-about-that-now/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2022, 12:38:00 PM »
Has Beto flipped on his presidential run statement that he was going to take away everyone's AR-15s?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2022, 12:46:18 PM »
Has Beto flipped on his presidential run statement that he was going to take away everyone's AR-15s?

Several times. Go back to page 1 and start there

Beto O'Rourke Has Seen The Light...But Hates Constitutional Carry!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHxvuSpXzxg

Beto’s New Campaign Message: Hell Yes We Need to Protect the Second Amendment!
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/betos-latest-campaign-message-hell-yes-we-need-to-protect-the-second-amendment/

Beto Flip-Flops On Confiscation AGAIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZe1Zlhx-Y

Beto O’Rourke flip-flops again on gun confiscation; Now he’s for it
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/31/beto-orourke-flip-flops-again-on-gun-confiscation-now-hes-for-it/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2022, 12:49:40 PM »
Fun!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2022, 01:03:47 PM »
It must be exhausting to keep flipping positions so frequently. Beto must be in great physical condition.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2022, 01:41:55 PM »
In the Beto/Abbot debate last night, the moderator asked him about that and Beto weaseled around giving a straight answer.

Surprise - the moderator asked him AGAIN if he planned to confiscate firearms, yes or no . . . and AGAIN, Beto weaseled around giving a straight answer.

I take that as a "yes" . . .

It must be exhausting to keep flipping positions so frequently. Beto must be in great physical condition.
Long Democrat tradition . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmQI9sIJcn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oThH-MNCsYw
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 02:41:47 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2022, 03:46:58 PM »
Long Democrat tradition . . .

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2022, 03:54:11 PM »
Remember Kerry giving a speech in NV where he said when he becomes president he will make sure none of that nasty nuclear waste will come to Yucca Mountain.
A day or two later he was giving a speech somewhere in the east, in MA I think, and he said when he becomes president he will make sure their nuclear waste will be put in Yucca Mountain so that it will never hurt anyone.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2022, 10:04:41 PM »
Regarding voting for Democrats...

I voted for the Democrat who ran against Jim Talent, who voted for the AWB back around 1998 or 2000 so...

The Democratic Party didn't support the guy at all. Maybe even worked against him.

His name was John Ross. He figured it was easier to take over the Dem machine than Missouri's GOP machine.
Blog under construction