Author Topic: Car plows through Christmas Parade in Wisconsin  (Read 7460 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Car plows through Christmas Parade in Wisconsin
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2021, 06:29:58 PM »
The DA there said (I suppose because of the outrage over him being out on $1000 at time of the killings) that bail for Brooks will be set at a "rate too high for him to make". I'll be really interested to see if some BLM and/or Hollywood people post bail for him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2021, 06:31:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/1462607294445801472

There is speculation that the "fleeing another crime" story is a sham -- a cover-up for a racist/terroristic act by a BLM sympathizer/activist.

Yeah but it does seem to  fit in with his past history
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2021, 06:32:28 PM »
The DA there said (I suppose because of the outrage over him being out on $1000 at time of the killings) that bail for Brooks will be set at a "rate too high for him to make". I'll be really interested to see if some BLM and/or Hollywood people post bail for him.

Kamala
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2021, 06:37:32 PM »
I would be disappointed if they didn’t post bail for him. Already a truthy fact that cash bail is raciss.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2021, 06:40:28 PM »
Don't lose focus on the Ghislaine Maxwell trial.

Powerful people will be far more interested in having this race-baiting incident take national attention rather than the Epstein/Maxwell trial.  Don't satisfy them.

Maxwell didn't kill herself.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2021, 02:05:56 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ziRrDBUwk

Exactly what I was coming here to say. A BLM perpetrator, mostly white victims (I presume), and all at the feet of Democrat anti-bail policy. This story is done.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2021, 02:30:59 PM »
Some on the left thought they could lie their way into a juicy one here

BREAKING: A Trumper “emboldened by the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict” plows into a crowd of peaceful protesters marching against Rittenhouse's acquittal in Connecticut, injuring 6, including a 60-year old woman who is now fighting for her life. He got away. RT TO HELP POLICE FIND HIM!

— Occupy Democrats (@OccupyDemocrats) November 23, 2021
‘Show the video, LIARS’: Occupy Democrats FRICASSEED for claiming Rittenhouse verdict ’emboldened Trumper’ to run over crowd of protesters
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/11/23/show-the-video-liars-occupy-democrats-fricasseed-for-claiming-rittenhouse-verdict-emboldened-trumper-to-run-over-crowd-of-protesters/

But..Even CNN fact checked them

This tweet is wrong. Activist who organized the protest tells me 1) There were injuries, but nobody is fighting for their life and the 60-year-old was not hospitalized; 2) They don't know anything at the moment about the driver's politics or thoughts on the Rittenhouse verdict. pic.twitter.com/Dj5KePlZgD

— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 23, 2021
‘RT if they should delete their account’! Occupy Democrats BACKPEDALS when CNN fact-checks their lying a*ses about a ‘Trumper running protesters over’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/11/23/rt-if-they-should-delete-their-account-occupy-democrats-backpedals-when-cnn-fact-checks-their-lying-ases-about-a-trumper-running-protesters-over/

Cue the sad trombone
And the crickets
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2021, 02:41:34 PM »
I don't think it is generally a good idea to stand out in traffic.

But I'm also one of those awful people who doesn't think joggers should run in the street, so ...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2021, 05:36:18 PM »
Death #6 today, a child. Bail set at $5 million. We'll see if anyone bails him out I guess.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2021, 05:38:57 PM »
^^ "I don't think it is generally a good idea to stand out in traffic."

True as a generalization, but I thought he ran a blockade and there wasn't supposed to be any regular traffic on the street.

Somebody check me on this.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »
^^ "I don't think it is generally a good idea to stand out in traffic."

True as a generalization, but I thought he ran a blockade and there wasn't supposed to be any regular traffic on the street.

Somebody check me on this.

Correct. Street was "closed."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2021, 07:02:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure Cordex was referring not to the OP, but to WLJ's post regarding a BLM protest.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2021, 07:12:39 PM »
Yes, sorry that I was unclear.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2021, 10:33:37 PM »
Some on the left thought they could lie their way into a juicy one here
‘Show the video, LIARS’: Occupy Democrats FRICASSEED for claiming Rittenhouse verdict ’emboldened Trumper’ to run over crowd of protesters
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/11/23/show-the-video-liars-occupy-democrats-fricasseed-for-claiming-rittenhouse-verdict-emboldened-trumper-to-run-over-crowd-of-protesters/

But..Even CNN fact checked them
‘RT if they should delete their account’! Occupy Democrats BACKPEDALS when CNN fact-checks their lying a*ses about a ‘Trumper running protesters over’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/11/23/rt-if-they-should-delete-their-account-occupy-democrats-backpedals-when-cnn-fact-checks-their-lying-ases-about-a-trumper-running-protesters-over/

Cue the sad trombone
And the crickets

So two days after the Waukesha massacre, we have another person running people over in the street - and it's Kyle that emboldened them? Why not, ya know, the Waukesha creep?  ???

But donning my tinfoil hat for a moment:  [tinfoil]

I'm not one to call everything a false flag, but we've seen enough documented hate crime hoaxes to imagine BLM doing this to themselves, just to distract from their friend in Waukesha, and his connections to them.

Or maybe I just like the idea of racist lefties running over one another.  =|

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2021, 10:37:28 PM »
There isn't much I would put pass them at this point
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2021, 10:42:25 PM »
Everyone else is dancing around it, but this is clearly BLM mass terrorist attack #2. (Unless there's another beyond the guy targeting police in Houston.)

Those saying he was "fleeing" are trying to prevent "blowback", just like when they lie about Muslim terror.

Further, the lying bastards in education, politics, and the media have this blood on their hands. Demonizing an entire race, lying about the actual risk of death at the hands of police, and encouraging hatred OF COURSE causes the worst elements to act on those false beliefs. So many people deserve to be hung with this scumbag.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2021, 10:43:44 PM »
Terrorism? But he didn't go anywhere near AOC.  ???

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2021, 10:50:38 PM »
  A few yrs ago ( im now 61, old demented I guess ) when I was still talking with in laws/relatives, I warned them ( on facebook )
 to avoid crowds ... I would get back to them, to ask them if I was right or wrong  ( but, I don't want to-they would know I was right and be angry)
 One can day dream....
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2021, 10:36:45 AM »
It's the car's (SUV's) fault

What if instead of asking whether a tiny bit more jail would have fixed this person we ask whether fewer cars (SUVs) in America would lead to fewer people killed

— Shane (@shaneferro) November 24, 2021
Blue-checked lib law journo suggests future Waukeshas could be avoided not by ‘jacking up bail,’ but by banning SUVs, aka ‘climate destroying death machines’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/24/blue-checked-lib-law-journo-suggests-future-waukeshas-could-be-avoided-not-by-jacking-up-bail-but-by-banning-suvs-aka-climate-destroying-death-machines/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2021, 10:40:32 AM »

It is true that a lot of people who commit mass murders in the U.S. have DV histories, but what, actually, does that mean? It's a correlation, sure, but what kind of rational policy response can you create from that? How do you pick out the mass murderers from the aholes?

— Shane (@shaneferro) November 24, 2021

Nathan Wurtzel
@NathanWurtzel
Oooh I can: Darrell Brooks is a mass murderer and you're an ahole.

:rofl:

230RN

• friend
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2021, 10:47:15 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »
FWIW, discussion of the Eighth amendment:

https://law.justia.com/constitution/us/amendment-08/01-excessive-bail.html

I'm not sure what side of that you're on?

I don't believe in "political bail" where outrageous sums are set because someone is not liked, or an "enemy of the (current) state", or what have you. Just like it's an abomination that the 06JAN political prisoners are being held without bail.

However, in the case of this guy, what is the solution? He has a 50 page rap sheet full of felonies. He was out on $1000 bail for running someone else over just before this atrocity. How do you handle bail for someone like this, who has shown himself to be a flight risk and a menace to society?

I don't have any concrete answers, but letting him easily make bail to once again commit felonies in order to honor "reasonable bail" seems to be an imprudent choice here. In a sane society, someone would have already shot him long ago and he'd no longer be a problem.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2021, 11:10:36 AM »
I tried to not state a position on that, being merely an informational post.

However, since you ask, I'm kind of ambivalent about it since 8A is a little ambiguous.  Were I to defend the $5 mil, I would rely on this from the cited article:

Instead, “[t]he only arguable substantive limitation of the Bail Clause is that the government’s proposed conditions of release or detention not be ‘excessive’ in light of the perceived evil.”23 “Detention prior to trial of arrestees charged with serious felonies who are found after an adversary hearing to pose a threat to the safety of individuals or to the community which no condition of release can dispel” satisfies this requirement.2

To challenge bail as excessive, one must move for a reduction, and, if that motion is denied, appeal to the Court of Appeals, and, if unsuccessful, appeal to the Supreme Court Justice sitting for that circuit.
op cit, emphasis mine
END QUOTE

I'm concerned that abuse of bail can be used as a political weapon, but on the other hand, I understand the provisions for meeting the government's interest in shielding the population from this kind of previously-demonstrated dangerous behavior.

If it's "excessive," let him appeal it.

If some organization or person actually posts that amount, if I were them, I'd keep pretty darned close track of him after his release under that bail.  To the point of effectively keeping him a "private" prisoner.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:56:20 AM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2021, 12:02:21 PM »
I don't like excessive bail in many cases, but some people like this guy should just be denied bail due to his history.  I thought the Rittenhouse bail was set excessively high since he had no criminal record. 

The bail issue would be less of an problem if we figured out how to complete investigations and have a trial within a few months instead of a year. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge