Author Topic: Car plows through Christmas Parade in Wisconsin  (Read 7475 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Car plows through Christmas Parade in Wisconsin
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
Hmmm

BREAKING: Court documents confirm Darrel Brooks was observed first driving slowly and then sped up to hit parade participants in Waukesha
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1463292636593201158/photo/1

'This was an intentional act': $5 million bail set for suspect in Waukesha Christmas Parade tragedy
https://www.cbs58.com/news/this-was-an-intentional-act-5-million-bail-set-for-suspect-in-waukesha-holiday-parade-tragedy
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2021, 03:18:47 PM »
I wonder how long till we see the riots protesting his excessive bail.

The left sure seems to pick their heroes and martyrs from the bottom of the scum pool.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2021, 03:47:45 PM »
MechAg94 opined:

"The bail issue would be less of a problem if we figured out how to complete investigations and have a trial within a few months instead of a year. "

<JOKE>

We'd probably have a more "speedy trial" if we had fewer criminals.

We'd probably have fewer criminals if we had  a less severe criminal law system.

We'd probably have a less severe criminal law system if we got rid of a bunch of malum prohibitum criminal laws and stopped making lesser crimes felonies.

<I was kidding.  This isn't really a joke.>

Terry, 230RN

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malum_prohibitum

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2021, 05:24:30 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2021, 09:17:02 PM »
MechAg94 opined:

"The bail issue would be less of a problem if we figured out how to complete investigations and have a trial within a few months instead of a year. "

<JOKE>

We'd probably have a more "speedy trial" if we had fewer criminals.

We'd probably have fewer criminals if we had  a less severe criminal law system.

We'd probably have a less severe criminal law system if we got rid of a bunch of malum prohibitum criminal laws and stopped making lesser crimes felonies.

<I was kidding.  This isn't really a joke.>

Terry, 230RN

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malum_prohibitum
Too many felonies is a problem, but I don't think it is the only problem by far.  And that doesn't even cover the prosecutorial misconduct and badly written laws.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2021, 09:47:40 AM »
Most of the people in prison are there for violent crimes.

I have some fantasy ideas for rehabbing our legal system.

I suggest we rapidly execute anyone convicted of a serious violent crime (murder, attempted murder, armed robbery etc).  At least a mandatory execution for murder.  England used to do this up until the 50s or so.
Non-violent criminals are publicly caned immediately after conviction, and then released.
Prison only for lesser violent crimes and criminals who don't learn their lesson from being caned.

Would it work?  Maybe. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2021, 10:29:19 AM »

Would it work?  Maybe.

We know for a fact what we're doing right now isn't
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2021, 10:49:15 AM »
The “execute all lawbreakers” thing has been tried. Wasn’t very successful.

If you look at violent crime rates, what we are doing now isn’t so bad all things considered.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2021, 11:00:12 AM »

If you look at violent crime rates, what we are doing now isn’t so bad all things considered.

As mentioned above, what we're doing now would work better if we could ensure speedy trials. Also by ensuring we keep "diversity" and the law separate, especially for things like jury selection.

As for the death penalty, I (who was once sorta in the "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" camp) will reiterate my current feelings on the subject: Death penalty (quickly) only for heinous crimes with multiple, independent, concrete witnesses and forms of evidence. Mass shooters for whom there are multiple video recordings and/or who even proudly admit their crimes are an example).

DNA analysis has shown us that far too many innocent people have been sent to prison because of bad evidence, lying witnesses, and malicious police work. I'm currently firmly in the "better a hundred guilty men go free" camp - especially when you see things like what is happening to the 06JAN prisoners, no knock warrants, etc.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2021, 11:01:18 AM »

Not what he said and I quote "anyone convicted of a serious violent crime"

Also not what I said and I quote "We know for a fact what we're doing right now isn't" which is not a full agreement of what he said just a statement in fact what we're doing now isn't working.

What all things considered? It's bad and getting worse.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2021, 11:18:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure Cordex was referring not to the OP, but to WLJ's post regarding a BLM protest.

Sorry. I misunderstood.

That article was about a demonstration in Connecticut? You'd have to look for a long time to find a Trump supporter in Connecticut. There are probably a few there, but I doubt they're out driving through demonstrations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2021, 12:04:35 PM »
Voicing my thoughts on this whole situation would probably get me on some more lists...
The Milwaukee DA, John Chisolm, who played catch and release with this unrealized rap star, is the same DA that was using gestapo tactics against Governor Walker's supporters, using early morning SWAT raids against donors, confiscating their possessions, locking them up, and ignoring Appeals and WI Supreme Court rulings to stop harassing innocent people. IOW, he had no issue with destroying lives of innocent people for political purposes, but allows violent criminals free for the cause of 'equity.'

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2021, 12:10:18 PM »
Moreso, The Milwaukee DA's office declined to prosecute Gaige Grosskreutz's 2nd OWI that occurred in January of this year, and also sealed the records pertaining to Gaige's address.

I'm not sure if linky works, but I'll give it a shot. https://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail.html?caseNo=2021CT000032&countyNo=40&index=0&mode=details   

I'm of the mind that when prosecutors belonging to a certain party refuse to detain and prosecute dangerous criminal activities, they are committing political violence against the people.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2021, 12:15:01 PM »
Not what he said and I quote "anyone convicted of a serious violent crime"

Also not what I said and I quote "We know for a fact what we're doing right now isn't" which is not a full agreement of what he said just a statement in fact what we're doing now isn't working.

What all things considered? It's bad and getting worse.
Any crime is bad, and the past couple years have been disproportionately bad, but it has been significantly worse ever since about the 1960s. Recent murder rates are almost half what they were in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Robberies are at a third of where they were in the 90’s.

Yeah, we might be taking a turn for the worse, and that decrease may be largely do to massive incarceration rates but most serious violent crimes are far less common than they have been during most of my life.

Rape is the only outlier as it is only down 25% from its peak in the 90’s, but that may be because it is not as socially damaging to report rape as it once was.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »
Moreso, The Milwaukee DA's office declined to prosecute Gaige Grosskreutz's 2nd OWI that occurred in January of this year, and also sealed the records pertaining to Gaige's address.

I'm not sure if linky works, but I'll give it a shot. https://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail.html?caseNo=2021CT000032&countyNo=40&index=0&mode=details   

I'm of the mind that when prosecutors belonging to a certain party refuse to detain and prosecute dangerous criminal activities, they are committing political violence against the people.

Tar, feathers, rail, corrupt politician... Some assembly required.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »
Any crime is bad, and the past couple years have been disproportionately bad, but it has been significantly worse ever since about the 1960s. Recent murder rates are almost half what they were in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Robberies are at a third of where they were in the 90’s.

Yeah, we might be taking a turn for the worse, and that decrease may be largely do to massive incarceration rates but most serious violent crimes are far less common than they have been during most of my life.

Rape is the only outlier as it is only down 25% from its peak in the 90’s, but that may be because it is not as socially damaging to report rape as it once was.

Let's us also not forget that there very well may be a good deal of creative accounting involved in modern crime stats.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »

Okay, lets do nothing until it reaches that level again.  :O

Meanwhile we're locally having a record year for just about every crime stat
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2021, 02:36:23 PM »
Is there a Go Fund Me for him yet?

Well, there was one

GoFundMe pulls fundraiser for Waukesha suspect Darrell Brooks
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/gofundme-pulls-down-fundraiser-for-waukesha-suspect
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2021, 04:45:27 PM »
 the woke shaw police dept are inept government bureaucrats that kneel to BLM.
 the pictures of them kneeling to blm were all over the media
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• friend
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2021, 05:09:13 PM »
RoadKingLarry said,

"Let's also not forget that there very well may be a good deal of creative accounting involved in modern crime stats."

I was about to offer something similar.

"Statistics don't lie. But statisticians do." Richard P. Runyon,  PhD.

Too, there's the old adage "if it bleeds it leads" in re newspaper publishing, so things are weighted to "man bites dog" items.

The thing is, the character of crime seems to have changed due to unthinking dog-pack behavior.  Nowadays, what defines a leader is whether or not he/she/it has a megaphone.

As I say, I wish these woke people would awaken to reality.

Terry. 230RN
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 05:37:16 PM by 230RN »

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2021, 12:23:45 AM »

230RN

• friend
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2021, 12:53:31 AM »
Not the first time that technique has been used.  I do b'leeves I noticed  a lot of "darkening" around election time.

I thought I was being wun uh them paranoid right wingers so I didn't document any proof.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 01:23:36 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2021, 08:33:35 AM »
Garbage photo comparison. Those are two different photos. Things look different in different lighting, different environments.

Here are several photos of the guy who plays Worf:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=michael+dorn&t=brave&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2021, 09:55:31 AM »
Garbage photo comparison. Those are two different photos. Things look different in different lighting, different environments.

Here are several photos of the guy who plays Worf:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=michael+dorn&t=brave&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Right, because CNN would never do anything like that to push a narrative.  ;/

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2021, 10:03:11 AM »
Right, because CNN would never do anything like that to push a narrative.  ;/

Right, because CNN has never done anything like that to push a narrative.
Oh, wait...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.