Author Topic: DOW futures down 800 points... oil down $5 a barrel...  (Read 270 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
DOW futures down 800 points... oil down $5 a barrel...
« on: November 26, 2021, 07:19:24 AM »
Welcome to the reaction to the latest COVID variant emerging out of South Africa.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/26/stock-futures-open-to-close-market-news.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: DOW futures down 800 points... oil down $5 a barrel...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 08:09:26 AM »
On the plus side, maybe I'll have someplace to put my sideline money if the Dow goes into a four digit drop. I saw everyone is throwing dough into Treasuries right now and they just took a tumble. Down nearly 10bps right now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: DOW futures down 800 points... oil down $5 a barrel...
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 11:27:04 AM »
DJI down over 1k points now.  Stocks globally taking hefty hits today.
Oil down around $9.

All things considered, I think we were due for some sort of correction anyway.  Not going to worry about it.
I suspect oil will head back up over the next week or three.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.