Author Topic: Ice maker  (Read 304 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Ice maker
« on: March 25, 2024, 02:57:16 PM »
Okayfine - I like iced tea when I'm not drinking diet coke...

I found myself actually buying ice because ice trays suck.

I have dedicated a small portion of the flat spaces in my small kitchen/dining area to this. It doesn't store the ice, but it does make enough so, if I wander past when it is full, I can easily dump it into the bin in the freezer. It sits on top of a small shelf next my Shrine of Covfefe, which also holds my skull-shaped coffee mug.

Hack: I put a quarter sheet pan next to the bin in the chest freezer - I dump the mini-bin from the ice maker onto the quarter sheet pan, and then when everything is really damn frozed, I dump that into the cube bin.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PCZKG94/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&th=1
Blog under construction

griz

• friend
Re: Ice maker
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 05:46:24 PM »
What's wrong with ice trays?  I used them for years with no issues, other than the cheap ones cracking when they got old.  I do like the convenience of an ice maker, that's what I use now.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 05:54:47 PM »
Having to get them to the fridge without spilling, cracking, taking a long time to freeze, etc., etc...

Just got tired of them. While I was puttering around today, the countertop thing filled about 2/3 of the rather large bin that I use - that'll last me most of the week.
Blog under construction

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 07:29:11 PM »
Swmbo got me the rubbery ones that make large cubes.  I fill em with Ice Mountain spring water from NE of us about 50 miles.  I like using one of those when I make my Perfect Manhattans.  I use scotch or bourbon or Irish whisky.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 09:37:05 PM »
I fill the thermos mug that I got at a Pilot station with the cubes, and then add the tea.

Blog under construction