Main Forums > The Roundtable

Random Orbit Sander Recommendations?

(1/3) > >>

HankB:
I'm considering purchase of a random orbit sander, which I hope will do a better & faster job on achieving a "furniture grade" finish than my old B&D 1/3 sheet sander.

For my occasional use I can't justify buying a Mirka or Festool, so I'm looking at Bosch, Dewalt, Makita, and Ryobi units in the $50-$75 range - the sort of things you can buy at HD, Lowes, etc.

Recommendations (Buy This Model!) and warnings (Don't Buy This Model!) would be welcome.

Kingcreek:
I have a Dewalt and it’s ok but if the price is close I would go with Bosch every time

RoadKingLarry:
I've got a Dewalt corded RO sander that has held up very well for me. I have used to sand for bottom jobs on 3 different sailboats over the passed 7 years as well as many woodworking projects. I have used it hard, possibly bordering on abuse and it still keeps right on going.
This looks like the current offering of the one I have.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-3-Amps-Orbital-Sander-with-Bag/1002342778

Unisaw:
I have a Bosch ROS and have been happy with it.  But, I don’t have anything to compare it to.

cordex:
I got a corded Makita and it works great so far, but like Unisaw I don’t have much to compare it with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version