Author Topic: Paper Mask Efficacy  (Read 2515 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Paper Mask Efficacy
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2021, 10:15:06 AM »
If I were you I'd worry about lung function.  That is something you might want to speak with a doctor about.

I think the individual risk of a COVID vaccine is probably pretty minor, however it still remains to be seen how long term repeated use will change things and it wouldn't surprise me if some people had long term health complications stemming from them.  That said, given your persistent symptom you may indeed be a case where COVID has caused persistent damage.
In the hospital I was told I have some lung scarring, not sure if that heals or not. If I don't get back to precovid cardio levels in the spring I may see if I can get another xray.

For hospitalized pneumonia patients it is not unheard of for it to be 6 months or even longer to regain full function. The Covid pneumonia was the tough part, it's bilateral.

I know I have lung damage from being a smoker for many years. When they did my my lung function test years ago as part of my sleep study, they told me my lung volume indicated I was a smoker but my good 02 uptake indicated I was an ex smoker.

I still have a little frog in the throat but have no problem knocking out a 20 mile bike ride on the road at a decent clip. My mountain biking isn't nearly as strong as it was, but the loss of muscle mass is probably the main cause of that, you need strong legs to climb hills.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:44:26 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2022, 02:07:16 PM »
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2022, 04:31:01 PM »
If I were you I'd worry about lung function.  That is something you might want to speak with a doctor about.

I think the individual risk of a COVID vaccine is probably pretty minor, however it still remains to be seen how long term repeated use will change things and it wouldn't surprise me if some people had long term health complications stemming from them.  That said, given your persistent symptom you may indeed be a case where COVID has caused persistent damage.

Here is a test of my "lung function" I took of my "own design." It has been 4 months since I got over the Covid and went off the supplemental O2 and I am able to hold my breath for more than a minute. That may have more to do with lung capacity than function, but that is the case. Those of you who have had the Covid might want to do that "self test" and chime in. It might be interesting to compare those results with some of you who have not had the Covid.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2022, 05:11:20 PM »
To Save Time, Biden To Ship 500 Million Free Masks Directly To Landfill
https://babylonbee.com/news/to-save-time-biden-to-send-500-million-free-masks-directly-to-landfill

WASHINGTON, D.C.—The White House is releasing new details surrounding President Biden’s plan to send free facemasks to every American. In an effort to save time, the free masks will be shipped directly to landfills nationwide.

At press time, the White House was denying reports that Biden’s plan to purchase 500 million facemasks was in any way related to his son Hunter being named chairman of the board of a large Ukrainian facemask conglomerate.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge