Author Topic: Anyone missing a FedEx package?  (Read 603 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Re: Anyone missing a FedEx package?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 09:52:42 AM »
Hundreds of FedEx packages are found in Alabama woods
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/hundreds-of-fedex-packages-are-found-in-alabama-woods/article_4011d5ce-73cc-5506-8ff2-15faa0e74e74.html
Gee, how come I never find neat stuff like that?

(Probably because - since the packages were likely labeled - I would have called Fedex or the law to get them back to the rightful owners.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
Because the news story did not mention a crashed FedEx semi adjacent to the packages, I wonder how they got there.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 11:01:27 AM »
Because the news story did not mention a crashed FedEx semi adjacent to the packages, I wonder how they got there.

Went to a local, to the area where the packages were found, news site  and no mention there either.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:36:59 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 02:29:03 PM »

I am guessing a delivery man found it faster to throw the packages away rather than deliver them.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 02:40:12 PM »
I am guessing a delivery man found it faster to throw the packages away rather than deliver them.
Ummm . . . wouldn't it be a big red flag to the employer if a lot of Bubba's assigned packages were reported as lost?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 10:52:24 AM »
Ummm . . . wouldn't it be a big red flag to the employer if a lot of Bubba's assigned packages were reported as lost?

He could have tossed them a few at a time when running late.

Plus someone that lazy is likely to be stupid as well.

I do not have high expectations of FedEx delivery men based on personal experience with their fraudulent and incompetent behavior.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 11:19:29 AM »
He could have tossed them a few at a time when running late.

Plus someone that lazy is likely to be stupid as well.

I do not have high expectations of FedEx delivery men based on personal experience with their fraudulent and incompetent behavior.

We have had a lot better experience with UPS. For business use especially UPS is a very predictable arrival time and shipping length of time than FedEx- at work I know my UPS shipped parts are going to either be here at 11AM and or 4:15PM because that’s when our driver stops by. And if in need to fly a part from Illinois I know I can order it at 4:00PM and have it in my hand at the morning drop off. If it’s in Japan I know if I order it early enough in the morning I can have it here afternoon next day. UPS is crazy competitive about logistics efficiency also.

For my dad’s business his driver was always there at 2:30PM. FedEx would show up at 7:30PM as often as not and he’d wind up having to go down to the depot and get it because the drivers never showed up when the business was open. For residential delivery our driver knew where to put it out of the weather and easy for us to find, FedEx would claim they couldn’t find the house and return it to the depot two hours away.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!