Author Topic: old timers will recognize Gunfighter ballads, youngers will like Kyle reference  (Read 993 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
I just bought the Marty Robbins album on vinyl yesterday.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf31bUUX4Oc

ENJOY! [ar15]

I can't listen to it right now.  (at a hospital and didn't bring earbuds)  Which Marty Robbins ballad is it based on, Big Iron?  Mr. Shorty? :)
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I can't listen to it right now.  (at a hospital and didn't bring earbuds)  Which Marty Robbins ballad is it based on, Big Iron?  Mr. Shorty? :)

Big Iron.

While I'd like people to help Kyle lay low, that was awesome. Great alternate lyrics!  :laugh:

AR on a Sling Lyrics
[Verse 1]
In the town of old Kenosha marched some troubled rogues one day
Held hammers high above their heads, and looking for a fray
No one dared to ask their business, no one dared to make a din
'Cept for one young man among them with an AR on a sling
AR on a sling

[Verse 2]
In this town, there were some outlaws bound to teachings of the Red
Many soy boys were among them, as were trannies overfed
They were vicious, prone to violence, burning gas stations and more
And their leader rode a skateboard rolling swiftly on the floor
Swiftly on the floor

[Verse 3]
Now the young man started talkin', made it plain to folks around
He was there to stop the mob from burnin' businesses to ground
Didn't look like much the tough guy, 'cept for one important thing
And the thing, of course, an AR riding tautly on a sling
Tautly on a sling

[Verse 4]
Now the night was passing quickly as the mob moved wielding flame
And the youth called out to halt them as they spotted him as game
He was running down the pavement, when a lout caused him to trip
And tempted the soy leader with a skateboard on his hip
Skateboard on his hip

[Verse 5]
It was over in a moment as the folks gathered around
The skater sought the rifle as the youth lay on the ground
Oh, he might've went on livin', but forgot one major thing
And he fell down, shot dead by the kid with an AR on a sling
AR on a sling

[Outro]
AR, AR
He fell down, shot dead by the kid with an AR on a sling
AR on a sling
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
Big Iron.

While I'd like people to help Kyle lay low, that was awesome. Great alternate lyrics!  :laugh:

Thank you!  I'm listening to Marty sing it in my head as I read the lyrics :laugh:
"It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
Decent parody.

I like this one better.

https://youtu.be/HahVcBoyGzk
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

gunsmith

• friend

get well soon!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
When I was on the boat in the early 70's I bought a Janis Joplin double album. When I opened it up it had one Janis Joplin record and the other was Marty Robbins cowboy songs. I called it a win and kept it.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Just bragging: my wife and I have a copy of the "Gunfighter Ballads" record album, with a nice, clean album cover. Found it in one of the local thrift shops or discount shops for just a few bucks.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
get well soon!!

Thanks.  It's not me, my dad is back in the hospital; scheduled to be released in a week.  I am just taking turns with my mom and occasionally my daughter sitting with him.
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• friend
over the past few yrs i have bought and lost the original album a few times, often find them in thrift stores

gunsmith

• friend

sooner or later, destined to be a very valuable collectors item.... my mom and dad played it at home over and over in the sixties

Boomhauer

• friends
over the past few yrs i have bought and lost the original album a few times, often find them in thrift stores

They are still cutting it new my album was brand new in the wrapper. Fallout New Vegas brought it back into popularity because Big Iron was played on the in game radio.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

gunsmith

• friend
They are still cutting it new my album was brand new in the wrapper. Fallout New Vegas brought it back into popularity because Big Iron was played on the in game radio.

oh! i know jack chit about that stuff, the only  "game"  i ever played was a long time ago, i decided to get good at a game called AREA 51 in a local arcade... sometime last century - it was and will remain the only thing like that i ever do

Perd Hapley

• friend

I knew it was re-popularized by a game - had no idea they were pressing more records.

I came across an article a while back that said there is now more music being sold by record album than by download. (Streaming, obviously, is more common than either.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I knew it was re-popularized by a game - had no idea they were pressing more records.

I came across an article a while back that said there is now more music being sold by record album than by download. (Streaming, obviously, is more common than either.)

Yeah, it's amazing. Amazon had tons of turntables for Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year.

Some years ago I bought my parents one of those retro phono/CD/USB/radios in a 1940's style wooden cabinet. I have it now and play albums in it all the time. I kept most of the Albums I collected as a kid (Columbia House, baby!) and also have a bunch of old time albums, including 78s, that my parents owned.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
Yeah, it's amazing. Amazon had tons of turntables for Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year.

Some years ago I bought my parents one of those retro phono/CD/USB/radios in a 1940's style wooden cabinet. I have it now and play albums in it all the time. I kept most of the Albums I collected as a kid (Columbia House, baby!) and also have a bunch of old time albums, including 78s, that my parents owned.

I got my wife one of the record player/bluetooth speaker combos a few years back. She's a Gen X hipster, so...

Boomhauer

• friends

Wife’s birthday is in a couple days this year I got her one of those units because she kept mentioning them every time we passed a display of them in a store. Gave it to her as an early present and we found all the record stores in the area on Black Friday and she was able to pick up several albums, some used. That’s when I got my Marty Robbins album lol.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Thrift store records be cheap.