Author Topic: Parkland in the news again  (Read 1135 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Parkland in the news again
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:19:13 PM »
The hits just keep rolling in:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/parkland-florida-massacre-school-guard-andrew-medina-harassed-victim-meadow-pollack-family/

The school "security officer" who recognized the shooter but didn't do anything to stop him has now been revealed to have been suspended last year (but not fired) for having sexually harassed multiple female students.

You just can't make this [bleep] up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Parkland in the news again
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:08:39 PM »
"We had a meeting about him last year, and we said, 'If there's gonna be anybody who's gonna come to this school and shoot this school up, it's gonna be that kid,'" Medina told investigators shortly after the shooting in a videotaped interview that was made public by prosecutors last week.

What ever happened to the administrators who swore there had never been any sign of trouble from Cruz?

Attorneys for the 19-year-old Cruz have said he would plead guilty in exchange for a sentence of life without parole. Prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty.

So what's the problem?  The death penalty is still life without parole, only faster.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:35 PM »
The local politics in that area seem to be a cesspool.  This is what happens when you don't pay attention to local politics.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 11:13:24 AM »
FBI pay? Yeah right. We all know where the FBI gets it money from.
Anyway
Good to see the families get something out of this even though it can never replace their child.

FBI to Pay Families $127.5 Million for Parkland Massacre Failures
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/fbi-to-pay-families-127-million-for-the-bureaus-failures-in-the-parkland-shooting/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 11:48:13 AM »
It is always good when an entity with deep pockets can be found to pay for these things.  Since you can't get any monetary recovery from the person(s) who actually did the crime.  In this case, we are all paying the settlement since it is made with Federal dollars.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 10:45:26 AM »
It is always good when an entity with deep pockets can be found to pay for these things.  Since you can't get any monetary recovery from the person(s) who actually did the crime.  In this case, we are all paying the settlement since it is made with Federal dollars.

More like the Chinese and other bond holders will be paying.  Then our grandchildren will pay off those debts with substantial interest.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 04:20:47 PM »
On a positive note, at least the Feds are getting some blame here. And it's an admission that we actually do have laws that could have prevented this - we don't need more.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 01:16:21 PM »
As much as I hate the FBI and think they should be dissolved and most of their duties turned over to US Marshall’s, I don’t understand why this flies legally. SCOTUS has already ruled that Law Enforcement is not responsible for actually protecting the average person. I also don’t like the idea of the money coming from taxpayers vs. management and agents involved if they are going to settle.

Am not for nothing, I know no price can replace a child, but this is too much money.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 06:54:32 PM »
The bottom line? The lawyers get richer. The politicians get richer.
Blog under construction

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 06:28:36 PM »
"It is always good when an entity with deep pockets can be found to pay for these things."

"Deep pockets," my soft pink tushie.  All they need is an entity who can speed up the printing presses.