Author Topic: Omarova out as US Comptroller exec nominee  (Read 412 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Omarova out as US Comptroller exec nominee
« on: December 07, 2021, 05:26:34 PM »
Saule Omarova nomination for head of US Comptrollers office has been withdrawn.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/omarova-nomination-to-be-top-banking-regulator-being-withdrawn

Biden claims she was subject to "...inappropriate personal attacks". I guess that's what he and his ilk are labeling truth now.

I know they are a shifty, underhanded bunch, but being able to nominate and support an avowed communist and openly anti-capitalism zealot with a straight face is a whole new level of fail.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Omarova out as US Comptroller exec nominee
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 06:53:21 PM »
A measure of how screwed we are is that she was allowed to be nominated, hung in there and got dropped only because joe doesn’t have the political capital to swing two or three votes. 2 votes from our finance being run by someone dead set against capitalism.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 07:14:51 AM »
Ah crap. Beat me to the good news!

And Uncle Joe should know all about inappropriate personal attacks... He should hire Tara Reade to be his adviser on that subject... oh, WAIT...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 08:03:22 AM »
Blowing the whistle on a scumbag becomes an "Inappropriate Personal Attack" when that scumbag is a Democrat.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 10:47:31 AM »
The NYT had an interesting way of framing it:

Saule Omarova, a Cornell Law professor whom President Biden picked for a key banking regulator job, is withdrawing from consideration for the post. Bank lobbyists and Republicans painted her as a communist because she was born in the Soviet Union.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."