Author Topic: Students taught to write hexes cursing those who say "all lives matter."  (Read 3004 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Students taught to write hexes cursing those who say "all lives matter."
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2021, 02:40:00 PM »
I dunno, maybe you are all just bad Jews.
I guess.

Sometime I'd love to hear about your personal expression of paganism.  Seems interesting.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »
Using witchcraft against people you don't like is Christian? 

I must be doing it wrong.

Well, some folks think that prayers and magical incantations are the same thing.  Except with prayers you ask for something, and with magic you demand something.  Both rely on shifting the probabilities by mental effort.

So it is said, and so it is I'm reporting.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2021, 03:36:33 PM »

Adopted into the family of God, a wild branch grafted into a cultivated tree, counted as children of  promise in Abraham.

This is what the new covenant is, the bringing of the gentiles into the family of God through the Messiah. Not by becoming Jews but by having faith in the Messiah as not just the savior of the Jews but the savior of all in the world who turn to him in faith.

Jews who actually believe the Old Testament don't consider us Christians bad Jews, but heathen, gentile blasphemers of God.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2021, 07:16:05 PM »
Nah, because Christianity was a thing first.  Satanism is an explicit rejection of Christ's teachings for his church.  So kinda ipso facto, if they believe that Christ and Satan are real they believe in the reality of the Christian mythology.  They just chose to reject one's teachings and embrace another's. 

False.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2021, 07:32:55 PM »
 [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2021, 07:40:32 PM »
False.

Take it up with your god.  Mine don't care.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2021, 07:41:38 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2021, 09:46:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure modern Satanists identify as atheists and deny any spiritual realty.

They are hedonists, materialists and nihilists who embrace the motto "Do what thou will".

They don't believe in the God of the Bible and they reject Christ.

They reject Christian theology, philosophy, ideology, epistemology, ontology etc.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 09:50:45 PM »
Why is this?

The pseudoreligion of the left assumes that EVERY conservative is a raging bible thumper, and that they will all freak the bleep out over something like this.

Psyops, by amateurs...

Now... We need a few conservative/libertarian witches to whip up a bit of a hellstorm of nasty?
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2021, 10:01:14 PM »
Why is this?

The pseudoreligion of the left assumes that EVERY conservative is a raging bible thumper, and that they will all freak the bleep out over something like this.

Psyops, by amateurs...

Now... We need a few conservative/libertarian witches to whip up a bit of a hellstorm of nasty?

The media controls the story. They will find their raging right winger freaking out and get them face time if they can. They've been running the same con on the right for as long as I can remember.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2021, 10:48:47 PM »
Take it up with your god.  Mine don't care.

Huh?

Look, I'm not mad at you for misunderstanding Christianity, or the very nature of religion in general. I'd just prefer outsiders not try to pagansplain Christianity. You guys too often get it wrong, and then refuse correction. It's pointlessly divisive.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:45:52 AM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2021, 08:40:25 AM »
Huh?

Look, I'm not mad at you for misunderstanding Christianity, or the very nature of religion in general. I'd just prefer outsiders not try to pagansplain Christianity. You guys too often get it wrong, and then refuse correction. It's pointlessly divisive.

I almost posted in response to his assertion  - citation needed-  =D

Ultimately, I suspect nobody here really believes Christians and Satanists are the same ideology.

Like cordex I was hoping maybe I would learn a little something about modern paganism out of this dust up. As mentioned, I enjoy the old stories and often find value in reading them.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2021, 09:27:38 AM »
Dogmush, are you a pagan?  I was not trying to insult pagans in general with this post.  I do not believe that all pagans try to curse people with hexes.  I am sorry that my messages were obtuse.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2021, 10:11:24 AM »
I've learned that Christians appear to view Satanism as a separate theology from Christianity, whereas at least one pagan views Satanism as a subset of Christianity due to Satan being a figure in Christianity.  I can see why both sides would have that perspective.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »
I've learned that Christians appear to view Satanism as a separate theology from Christianity, whereas at least one pagan views Satanism as a subset of Christianity due to Satan being a figure in Christianity.  I can see why both sides would have that perspective.
As with most things religious there's a lot of complexity, but I'd think what the Satanists believe might matter a little.
As Ron mentioned, most Satanists identify themselves as atheists (LaVeyan Satanism is the major example of this) and they view Satan as a hypothetical example of ideal human traits.  Some of the traits, I might add, that APS as a whole might agree with.  Others not so much.

Theistic Satanism views Satan as a real, supernatural deity.  This might fit more with dogmush's labeling, but I confess I don't know much about that branch, and while I've met some atheist Satanists I've never met a theistic one.

I'm kind of curious if dogmush's personal Paganism is true theistic Paganism in which he believes the gods are true supernatural beings or if it is an atheistic paganism more along the lines of atheistic Satanism.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »
Dogmush, are you a pagan?  I was not trying to insult pagans in general with this post.  I do not believe that all pagans try to curse people with hexes.  I am sorry that my messages were obtuse.

I am, and don't worry too much about it.  I am sometimes prickly due to my IRL interactions with my Baptist relatives, and I'm not always as clear in forum communications as I might hope.  I normally chime in when I perceive broad brush strokes painted across diverse systems, and then APS thread drift kicks in.  I'm certainly not harboring a perceived insult from this thread.  We're good.

I'm kind of curious if dogmush's personal Paganism is true theistic Paganism in which he believes the gods are true supernatural beings or if it is an atheistic paganism more along the lines of atheistic Satanism.

The first one.

As with most things religious there's a lot of complexity, but I'd think what the Satanists believe might matter a little.
As Ron mentioned, most Satanists identify themselves as atheists (LaVeyan Satanism is the major example of this) and they view Satan as a hypothetical example of ideal human traits.  Some of the traits, I might add, that APS as a whole might agree with.  Others not so much.

Theistic Satanism views Satan as a real, supernatural deity.  This might fit more with dogmush's labeling, but I confess I don't know much about that branch, and while I've met some atheist Satanists I've never met a theistic one.

Other than the one [in]famous APS satanist, I don't actually know any myself.  I was certainly thinking of it as a theistic religion worshipping Satan with my musings.  The Atheist theism branch had escaped my knowledge.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »
So that guy who wrote "love thy neighbor" 2000 years ago was doing it wrong?

Only if  that neighbor doesn't have a Trump sign in their front yard.

Okay, back to topic
Why is this thing even within 10,000 miles of a school curriculum?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
Okay, back to topic

If I had to guess, I bet the High School curriculum makers are grasping at straws to find something that will make students deal with their feels without firearms.

Whether this will actually help is a completely different question. But they need to do something that doesn't challenge their current world view.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2021, 03:52:13 PM »

Evil.  There is no other excuse for this monstrosity.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2021, 05:09:26 PM »
Quote from: WLJ on Today at 09:42:27 AM

The social engineers started to hijack education a long time ago. Now in many areas they are pretty much not doing anything more than warehousing and propagandizing the children.

The US public school system has slowly replaced the classical system historically used in the highly educated west. The subjects in a classical education are still taught but within a totally different framework and emphasis, or de-emphasis.

The Trivium and Quadrivium used to be considered the foundation and framework of a good education.

Trivium - https://infogalactic.com/info/Trivium

Quadrivium - https://infogalactic.com/info/Quadrivium

https://www.hillsdale.edu/hillsdale-blog/academics/understanding-trivium-quadrivium/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 05:32:19 PM by Ron »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2021, 05:48:15 PM »
Quote from: WLJ on Today at 09:42:27 AM
The social engineers started to hijack education a long time ago. Now in many areas they are pretty much not doing anything more than warehousing and propagandizing the children.

The US public school system has slowly replaced the classical system historically used in the highly educated west. The subjects in a classical education are still taught but within a totally different framework and emphasis, or de-emphasis.

The Trivium and Quadrivium used to be considered the foundation and framework of a good education.

Trivium - https://infogalactic.com/info/Trivium

Quadrivium - https://infogalactic.com/info/Quadrivium

https://www.hillsdale.edu/hillsdale-blog/academics/understanding-trivium-quadrivium/

The more I poke at reading "the old guys", the more astonished I am at them.  I realize I missed a lot, by not having any even introduction to that.

My grandmother (1906 - 1993) taught Latin in high school.  In a rural district in east central Illinois.    Can you imagine that now?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2021, 06:25:13 PM »
Evil.  There is no other excuse for this monstrosity.

Can you expound with some detail what is intrinsically evil about trying to teach high schoolers coping methods?  Google the poem, it's short and not very good, but it's also not magic.  Call it a gripe-fest, a hex, or a prayer, it's just writing frustrations down on paper.  Would you prefer they called it journaling?

I'm not defending it as effective,  but of all the things public school inflicts on our youngsters, why is this the bee in your bonnet?

Is it just the [inaccurate] label of "hex" you object to?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2021, 09:30:29 PM »
Can you expound with some detail what is intrinsically evil about trying to teach high schoolers coping methods?  Google the poem, it's short and not very good, but it's also not magic.  Call it a gripe-fest, a hex, or a prayer, it's just writing frustrations down on paper.  Would you prefer they called it journaling?

I'm not defending it as effective,  but of all the things public school inflicts on our youngsters, why is this the bee in your bonnet?

Is it just the [inaccurate] label of "hex" you object to?

Cursing people who say "all lives matter" is evil.  Phrasing it in the form of evil magic (even as a "joke") is even more repulsive.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2021, 07:18:02 AM »
Cursing people who say "all lives matter" is evil. 

For clarity,  when you say cursing do you mean like "go *expletive deleted*ck yourself, I wish you would die!" Or do you mean like a circle at midnight, chicken blood, and a bottle of rum cursed?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2021, 07:29:13 AM »
Personally, I see the problem as propagandizing kids as to the pervasive evil of their society and teaching them to wish harm on their countrymen because of political disagreements (whether it is done via Judeo-Christian prayer, voodoo dolls, or something they want to call a hex).  As to whether or not this is a true Scotshex, I'm not competent to judge, but there is an awful lot of variety in religious practice.  Pretty sure there are plenty of folks here and elsewhere who would say that the religion I grew up in isn't really Christian too.