Author Topic: Students taught to write hexes cursing those who say "all lives matter."  (Read 2973 times)

Pb

• friend
Imagine, if you will, a world where the Left is controlled by demonic forces... and ask yourself, what would they be doing differently than they are right now?

Here is a "writing prompt" published by Campbell Union High School that is clearly not inspired by Satan:

"Hexing people is an important way to get out anger and frustration. Make a list of specific people who
have been agents of police terror or global brutality. This list can be wide-ranging, from small micro
aggressions to larger perpetrators (i.e., people who say “all lives matter” to the police officers who
arrest non violent protestors to George Zimmerman). Pick one of those people on your list. Read
Martin Espada’s poem “For the Jim Crow Restaurant in Cambridge Massachusetts Where My Cousin
Esteban was Forbidden To Wait Tables Because He Wears Dreadlocks.” Write your own hex poem,
cursing that person."

Here is the source document:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17k6_6f44zxTogeEG_-wH2UpgG6CGy3EH/view

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Students taught to write hexes cursing those who say "all lives matter."
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 12:03:46 AM »
Party of science.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 06:43:35 AM »
British and Irish occultists claim that their concentrated nationwide mental efforts put enough impediments in Hitler's extensive plan to invade Britain that his "Operation Sealion"* was postponed indefinitely.

I'm just reporting this FWIW and its relevance to the OP, not claiming its validity.

Here is a mundane version of the events leading up to the postponement / cancellation:

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/operation-sealion-hitlers-plan-invade_britain.html

It's a fairly short article.

Terry, 230RN

* The code name for the invasion.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 08:36:32 AM »
Don't forget video games, rock and roll, and school dances.   That satan guy is sliding in all the places.  ;/

FTR, that poem is not a Hex, it's a spleen venting. 

If they were actually demonic, I'd expect more blood magic and circles but maybe they are just being sneaky.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:32:12 AM by dogmush »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 09:03:11 AM »
I've read that there's a pagan/occultic background to certain BLM practices.  So, true to their roots.

Has anyone actually used this, or is this an "academic exercise"?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 09:05:11 AM »
I've read that there's a pagan/occultic background to certain BLM practices.  So, true to their roots.

Has anyone actually used this, or is this an "academic exercise"?

Yeah, no.  They're Christians.  You guys keep them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 09:28:53 AM »
Hexing people is an important way to get out anger and frustration.
IMO, indulging in hatred and revenge doesn't get out anger and frustration, it just reinforces it.  It just makes you more likely to get angry and frustrated in the future.  I guess I have seen that general idea in other areas.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 09:38:02 AM »
From the linked source document in the OP it's not really clear what the origin is, but I suspect it was created by some wacky racist group of POCs.

Had this been presented at my old high school, students would have had a lot of fun with parts of it - probably the most popular "CHANT" would have been "Let's Go Brandon!"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 09:40:00 AM »
So that guy who wrote "love thy neighbor" 2000 years ago was doing it wrong?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »

False
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 10:11:39 AM »
False

I said False first.  You guys are stuck with them.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 10:13:24 AM »

Using witchcraft against people you don't like is Christian? 

I must be doing it wrong.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 10:30:17 AM »
Using witchcraft against people you don't like is Christian? 

I must be doing it wrong.

Clearly.

Although I would ask what part of this discussion or the referenced poem is Witchcraft,  but Christians are historically really, really bad at identifying Witchcraft, so it's probably moot.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2021, 10:48:52 AM »
Institutional evil, occult practices and ideas, anti-Christ churches and ideologies is all like water is to the fish. It's so pervasive folks no longer see it, it's the air we breath.

Those who do notice and point it out are mocked and scorned.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 10:53:03 AM »
I hex the wackos on both sides, may they be infested with the crabs of a thousand prostitutes.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 11:22:13 AM »
Institutional evil, occult practices and ideas, anti-Christ churches and ideologies is all like water is to the fish. It's so pervasive folks no longer see it, it's the air we breath.

Those who do notice and point it out are mocked and scorned.

Or.......and bear with me here.... People that actually practice Paganism, and know actual witches, don't appreciate it when bad actors that *aren't* practicing those religions are lumped in with them by folks that don't know what they are talking about.  It's annoying.

Hint:  If at any time the behavior you are talking about references Satan, those people are Christians, because Satan is a Christian figure.  They may not be *good* Christians, but they have bought into that ideology.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2021, 11:59:49 AM »
Or.......and bear with me here.... People that actually practice Paganism, and know actual witches, don't appreciate it when bad actors that *aren't* practicing those religions are lumped in with them by folks that don't know what they are talking about.  It's annoying.

Hint:  If at any time the behavior you are talking about references Satan, those people are Christians, because Satan is a Christian figure.  They may not be *good* Christians, but they have bought into that ideology.
Certainly I agree there are differences and categories. The category of the occult that practices the inversion of Christianity is a different category than ancient pagans, (neo)druidism and other occult practices that don't reference Christianity. It's overtly antiChrist in it's purpose.

I'm a fan of ancient mythology, fantasy and fairy tales. They often contain truth and maybe even could be described as revelations from God in some instances (see below in sig lines).

We understand the world through symbols, images and imagination. The human world is awash in symbology and much in the modern media is of occult origins. Not just the overtly antiChrist occult but all categories.

Of course, I've come to accept that the Lord Jesus and His gospel (see website link to left under profile pic) is the ultimate revelation of truth to all humankind.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 12:03:57 PM »
Although I would ask what part of this discussion or the referenced poem is Witchcraft,  but Christians are historically really, really bad at identifying Witchcraft, so it's probably moot.

I didn't read the poem referred to, but hex is, by definition, witchcraft.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hex

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 12:06:20 PM »

This is not true.  A person may believe a deity exists, without worshipping or obeying the deity. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »
Certainly, which is why I said they are bad Christians. But I'd you believe in the diety, then you have accepted the ideology, even if only to refute it.

I didn't read the poem referred to, but hex is, by definition, witchcraft.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hex

I did bother to read the poem, and as I said, it's not a hex.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2021, 12:20:35 PM »
This is not true.  A person may believe a deity exists, without worshipping or obeying the deity.

I agree they aren't Christians, they have declared themselves as antiChrist. Calling them Christian is an error, or is a slander if done in malice.

The Oxford Dictionary (and common sense) disagree with you dogmush.

Christian

a person who follows or belongs to a religion based on the worship of one God and the teachings of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2021, 01:34:25 PM »
Certainly, which is why I said they are bad Christians. But I'd you believe in the diety, then you have accepted the ideology, even if only to refute it.
Christians are just bad Satanists?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2021, 02:24:48 PM »
Christians are just bad Satanists?

Nah, because Christianity was a thing first.  Satanism is an explicit rejection of Christ's teachings for his church.  So kinda ipso facto, if they believe that Christ and Satan are real they believe in the reality of the Christian mythology.  They just chose to reject one's teachings and embrace another's. 

I dunno, maybe you are all just bad Jews.