Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Blames Stores for Theft  (Read 1396 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Chicago Mayor Blames Stores for Theft
« on: December 08, 2021, 10:05:30 AM »
The Chicago mayor is blaming retail stores for the shoplifting and  flash mob looting that's going on there.  She says they need to beef up their security and is chiding stores for not hiring security guards.

Because if only they had security guards that did more than record the incidents on their phones, the guards could physically stop the looters and not face any legal consequences, right?

https://youtu.be/PNSf6vb7oG8
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: Chicago Mayor Blames Stores for Theft
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 10:07:56 AM »
Now do rape victims Mayor Lightfoot.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 10:22:00 AM »
Well, if the onus is on store owners to provide their own security as they see fit, then start shooting looters on sight and posting videos to YouTube. If the videos don't stop looters, attrition eventually will.

I cannot fathom the mindset it takes to see her administration as anything but a dismal failure.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 10:38:55 AM »
So mass releasing criminals back into society to score PC Brownie Points, defunding the police, and prosecuting anyone who tries to stop them is creating problems? Hmmm, let's blame the victims. Yeah, that's it. Oh and release some more criminals, my poll numbers are down.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 10:45:16 AM »
Bet she wins reelection. Seriously   :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 10:49:50 AM »
This is how you get more Rittenhouse situations.

We need bigger sticks to go with the carrots.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 11:27:54 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 03:49:05 PM »
Well, if the onus is on store owners to provide their own security as they see fit, then start shooting looters on sight and posting videos to YouTube. If the videos don't stop looters, attrition eventually will.

I cannot fathom the mindset it takes to see her administration as anything but a dismal failure.

Brad

We have a WINNER !!  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 04:33:01 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 05:27:38 PM »
Bet she wins reelection. Seriously   :facepalm:

The criminal class is her largest constituency.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 07:08:28 PM »
It would be interesting if they would allow use of force. Even a frickin' baton...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 07:18:19 PM »
You know, I'm guessing that it is not the case law which is the problem...

I figure the problem is that the insurance companies stipulate that force cannot be used, because... they settle the lawsuits.

Lawyer up, self-insure, and refuse to settle.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 07:32:21 PM »
Nonlethal area denial.
Employ acoustic weapons.  Some of that super low frequency stuff that makes people shat themselves.
indelible dye sprayed from the doorways so that perps can be identified.
Deploy foul odors. A combination of skunk, rotting corpse and Nancy Pelosi's crotch.
Line the perimeter with job applications.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 07:56:24 PM »
Seriously - "The dude that is in front of the store with the AR will shoot your ass if you try to break in" is an actual deterrent here in protestville...
Blog under construction

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »
They need roof Koreans.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 09:19:33 PM »
Around here, they have "front of store ay-rabs."

Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 09:20:27 PM »
...and in other news you can't see, Lori's buddies are now running "security" companies...
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2021, 11:23:55 PM »
...and in other news you can't see, Lori's buddies are now running "security" companies...
. . . and they're paid in TVs, watches, Nike shoes, designer handbags . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2021, 12:02:00 AM »
Nonlethal area denial.
Employ acoustic weapons.  Some of that super low frequency stuff that makes people shat themselves.
indelible dye sprayed from the doorways so that perps can be identified.
Deploy foul odors. A combination of skunk, rotting corpse and Nancy Pelosi's crotch.

Wasn't the use of WMDs against mostly non-violent protestors outlawed?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2021, 11:14:10 AM »
Here in STL, the cops got their riot gear on, formed multiple lines, and bottled the protesters into one area on evening...

They aren't allowed to do that anymore.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2021, 09:06:34 AM »
It IS the store's fault for fostering the bourgeois White supremacist capitalistic economy.

If they didn't have stuff worth stealing, flash mobs wouldn't be hitting them.

Duh.  :facepalm:

(Lefties nod their heads in agreement. Normal people recognize sarcasm when it's this obvious.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2022, 07:05:34 PM »
Well this should help  ;/

thanks to Illinois’ new “bail reform” bill, there’s no criminal penalty for leaving home while you’re being monitored. In fact, a criminal on house arrest can leave and do God knows what. As long as they’re back within 48 hours, there’s no criminal penalty.

Chicago ‘Electronic Home Monitoring’ Program Gives Accused Criminals 48-Hour Free Passes
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/chicago-electronic-home-monitoring-program-gives-accused-criminals-48-hour-free-passes/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2022, 07:50:02 PM »
It IS the store's fault for fostering the bourgeois White supremacist capitalistic economy.

If they didn't have stuff worth stealing, flash mobs wouldn't be hitting them.

Duh.  :facepalm:

(Lefties nod their heads in agreement. Normal people recognize sarcasm when it's this obvious.)

It's a self-repairing problem. Eventually, the stores will all close and there won't be any theft because there won't be anything there to thieve.

Of course, when (not if) the stores all close and leave the city with no place to buy food or pharmaceuticals, the usual suspects will kvetch at the evil, capitalist store owners, not at the thieves who drove the stores away.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 07:24:28 AM »
I really, REALLY hope this crap continues, and that the liberals continue to double down on their shenanigans.

It was this situation in the 1970s that helped get people fed up with crime and with liberal leadership and it ushered in the Reagan era of the 80s.

We don't have a Ronald Reagan on the horizon right now, or at least one we can identify, but a true conservative leader is out there, waiting.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2022, 09:04:31 AM »
It's a self-repairing problem. Eventually, the stores will all close and there won't be any theft because there won't be anything there to thieve.

Of course, when (not if) the stores all close and leave the city with no place to buy food or pharmaceuticals, the usual suspects will kvetch at the evil, capitalist store owners, not at the thieves who drove the stores away.
The very same people kvetching probably pushed policies enabling the thieves in the first place.

I remember when Sears - then still very profitable - closed one of its stores in Chicago because of theft and vandalism - and of course no less than Jesse Jackson himself went on a tear and asked that the city FORCE Sears to keep it open. (His efforts failed.)

Grocery theft went WAY down after grocery chains (some with stores burned out during riots) closed or stopped building additional stores in certain areas, leading people like Michell Obama to lament "Food Deserts" that weren't "serving their communities" or some such.

And just in the past year or so, a number of drug store chains closed stores in areas where shoplifting was "decriminalized" and the police stopped responding to calls. And of course, activists decried the creation of "pharmacy deserts."