Author Topic: Never bring a mayo packet to a gunfight  (Read 417 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Never bring a mayo packet to a gunfight
« on: March 21, 2022, 08:41:44 AM »
Long story short is a Burger King customer threw a mayonnaise packet at the employee who then went to their car and retrieved a gun, then fired off 5 shots at the customer.
But that's okay, the customer made faces at her.
In Hicks’ defense, a witness said the customer was making faces at her, further aggravating the situation. “And that just set her off,” the witness helpfully added.

They're claiming self defense.

HAVE IT YOUR WAY: Burger King Employee Shoots At Customer Who Tossed Mayonnaise At Her
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/have-it-your-way-burger-king-employee-shoots-at-customer-who-tossed-mayonnaise-at-her/

It's people like this that give gun owners a bad name.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Never bring a mayo packet to a gunfight
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 08:57:48 AM »
Don't call her "Shat" for short.

:rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 09:04:05 AM »
I do have to make the comment, that barring more info, I don't see how the cops can arrest her Uncle for refusing what appeared to be an attempt at a warrantless search.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 09:20:56 AM »
Seems like there might be more to the story.

She was released 48 hours after shooting at somebody out in a public setting.

What are the chances you would be released 48 hours after behaving the same way?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 09:24:20 AM »
I have gotten upset when after asking for mayonnaise I discover upon biting into my sandwich they had put Miracle Whip on it
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 10:36:04 AM »
She was working the drive up - inside - and a customer in his car threw a mayo packet at her . . . she went outside and got a gun, and according to a witness, the customer in his car made faces at her which set her off and prompted her to fire several rounds. 

And SHE is claiming self defense? For what, assault with a scary scowl?  :facepalm:

Wonder if she hit the car, but the customer seems to be currently unknown.

If I pulled a gun on people for making faces at me, I would have been locked up a long, LONG time ago.

Also agree with Ben that the comment about the uncle being arrested for not cooperating with what sounds like a warrantless search (read "armed home invasion") needs more details to make a reasoned judgement.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 10:43:29 AM »
Haven't seen what the other guy looks like so there's a chance all she has to do is claim he said some sort of slur at her and it's game on as far as the MSM and politicians are concerned.
- Calvin and Hobbes