Author Topic: Transgender athletics  (Read 3191 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Transgender athletics
« on: December 09, 2021, 11:06:21 PM »
Reductio ad absurbum

https://www.outkick.com/outkick-exclusive-penn-trans-swimmers-teammate-speaks-out-as-lia-thomas-smashes-more-records/

Guy competes for three years as a male swimmer, then decides it's a female so it switches -- and leaves the best genuine female swimmers in its wake. Okay, I'm a dinosaur -- it's not fair.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Transgender athletics
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 11:23:12 PM »
Just goes to show that men are better than women at everything, including being women.
 :rofl: :rofl:

But yeah, absolute BS.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 05:59:31 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 06:47:32 PM »
If you don't approve of them competing, then you are a science denier. Because "science" has changed lately.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 10:56:12 PM »
If you don't approve of them competing, then you are a science denier. Because "science" has changed lately.

Yeah, well I still prefer older editions of dictionaries and The Chicago manual of Style, too.

Dinosaurs-R-Us

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »
If you want to know who has power over you ask who you are not allowed to criticize. The trans thing is heading towards a hysteria like coronavirus did. I know of a whole bunch of people that have kids that are coming out as trans. Want to be a girl? No questions asked estrogen for an 18 year old. My daughter has several people in her eighth grade class who are switching around and talking about their pronouns. This stuff is way above any accepted measure of gender dysphoria in a population. People are doing it because they are confused like all young people, this seems like the cool way out, or the way for everyone to like them since criticism is not allowed. Control of language and culture. We can say the other girls shouldn't swim but this is what they worked their whole lives for. This is paying for their college. They can't boycott and they can't speak up.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 11:49:05 AM »
Yeah, well I still prefer older editions of dictionaries and The Chicago manual of Style, too.

Dinosaurs-R-Us
Ditto on older dictionaries, except for new, tech-derived words like "laser."

Example: During the Clinton administration, Bill Clinton was referred to as a "communitarian."

I looked it up - my 1954 Webster's New World English Dictionary of the American Language (College Edition) defined it as "A member of advocate of a communistic community."  Pretty definitive.

Today's Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines it as "of or relating to social organization in small cooperative partially collectivist communities" which is a rather softer take on the word.

(The definition of "gay" has changed even more.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 11:52:17 AM »
Acceptance = Grooming
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 06:43:31 PM »
Acceptance = Grooming

Yes.  Supposedly well north of 30% of the younger generation have declared themselves homosexual, bisexual or transgendered.

This is vastly abnormal.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 10:46:21 PM by Pb »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 07:17:08 PM »
Acceptance = Grooming

America has most certainly been groomed on a lot of subjects. Look at all the white folk cheering for BLM, CRT, etc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 08:40:11 PM »
It is the cool thing to do. It is just another costume, like the 40-something guy who goes out and buys a Harley and more leather than Halford ever dreamed of...
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 10:45:25 AM »
Notice how it’s nearly always the people who aren’t getting the attention they want, or who need to protect themselves from their own poor choices (eg about to get fired, fail out, etc) that “transition”.

That swimmer was a middling male athlete in a middling athletic conference.  Even with the reduction in performance due to the “transition” it’s still destroying the actual women athletes.  It’s times even now would be somewhat competitive with Olympic women like Katie Ledecky. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »
If you want to know who has power over you ask who you are not allowed to criticize. The trans thing is heading towards a hysteria like coronavirus did. I know of a whole bunch of people that have kids that are coming out as trans. Want to be a girl? No questions asked estrogen for an 18 year old. My daughter has several people in her eighth grade class who are switching around and talking about their pronouns. This stuff is way above any accepted measure of gender dysphoria in a population. People are doing it because they are confused like all young people, this seems like the cool way out, or the way for everyone to like them since criticism is not allowed. Control of language and culture. We can say the other girls shouldn't swim but this is what they worked their whole lives for. This is paying for their college. They can't boycott and they can't speak up.
I hope most of them are able to grow out of it and become well adjusted adults.  I am afraid a bunch of them are going to take hormone treatments among other things and mess up their lives even more.  I hate to see what sort of adults will be running around in 10 or 15 years. 

I am also glad this stuff wasn't around when I was an impressionable youth.  I think I agree with the other comment that many of them are confused and lacking attention or something. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 11:55:11 AM »
The other female athletes are just upset they can't write their name in the snow
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2021, 12:33:02 PM »
Notice how it’s nearly always the people who aren’t getting the attention they want, or who need to protect themselves from their own poor choices (eg about to get fired, fail out, etc) that “transition”.

That swimmer was a middling male athlete in a middling athletic conference.  Even with the reduction in performance due to the “transition” it’s still destroying the actual women athletes.  It’s times even now would be somewhat competitive with Olympic women like Katie Ledecky.
A few months ago there was a discussion on TV about this and someone pointed out that several hundred high school males have beaten some women's world records in track & field.

Letting males with gender dysphoria or some other psychological illness pretend to be female and compete as such is a great way to destroy competitive female sports. (Except for some of the shooting sports - it seems that women have done very well in some of them.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2021, 01:03:52 PM »

Letting males with gender dysphoria or some other psychological illness pretend to be female and compete as such is a great way to destroy competitive female sports.

They'll blame it on patriarchy. I'm not kidding, wish I was.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 02:51:21 PM »
You going to believe the narrative or your lying eyes?
Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
NBC News: "Little scientific evidence" biological males have an advantage in women's sports
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1479808356004995075?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

NBC News reports some say there’s ‘little scientific evidence’ biological males have an advantage in women’s sports
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/01/08/nbc-news-reports-some-say-theres-little-scientific-evidence-biological-males-have-an-advantage-in-womens-sports/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 04:50:14 PM »
You going to believe the narrative or your lying eyes?https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1479808356004995075?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

NBC News reports some say there’s ‘little scientific evidence’ biological males have an advantage in women’s sports
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/01/08/nbc-news-reports-some-say-theres-little-scientific-evidence-biological-males-have-an-advantage-in-womens-sports/

Narrative? [Blink]

What narrative? [Blink - blink]

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2022, 05:14:28 PM »

Control seems to be the key word. Especially when it comes to FTM.

Body dysphoria is a known problem in the world of teenage girls and control disorders have always been rampant (anorexia, bulimia and cutting being the worst offenders)
A massive social pushback was just starting when I was a teen and it does seem to have worked to a degree. Eating disorders do seem to have lessened and you don't hear as much anymore about cutting.

However, the actual factors behind those types of disorders are still there. They are control disorders and it's not so much about body image as it is control over something. It usually boils down to "I hate my body and my body is the only thing I can control." It's usually girls who have high levels of anxiety, overly controlling parents, depression and/or trauma.

My concern, and I've seen elements of it IRL, is that young woman with this type of mindset are finding a home among the trans movement where they are not getting help for their actual problems. Instead they are being praised and encouraged for engaging in the control behavior.

I will also say that MTF makes more sense to me as female is the genetic default, yet the numbers of FTM seem disproportionate.   
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2022, 05:25:39 PM »

I will also say that MTF makes more sense to me as female is the genetic default, yet the numbers of FTM seem disproportionate.

Much easier to chop stuff off than glue stuff on.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2022, 05:26:31 PM »
You going to believe the narrative or your lying eyes?https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1479808356004995075?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Then why have separate male and female teams?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2022, 06:04:50 PM »
Looks like the one trans swimmer lost to the other trans swimmer.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/penn-lia-thomas-two-races-tri-meet-transgender-yale-swimmer
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2022, 08:33:03 PM »
Looks like the one trans swimmer lost to the other trans swimmer.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/penn-lia-thomas-two-races-tri-meet-transgender-yale-swimmer

Henig has had his breasts removed

Streamlining...... it works!   ;)

bob

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 11:52:06 PM »
Maybe "she" just wanted to be medically proactive and avoid the possibility of breast cancer.
What do you think?
  ???
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:51:45 PM by JTHunter »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2022, 11:34:46 AM »
I'm seeing the tranny trend as two separate issues.  There's the teens declaring trans because teen angst/popularity/cool factor.  Kind of like tattoos and piercings.  And, like most fads, I expect it will pass.

Then, there's the athletes. I recall reading a survey years ago among college athletes that was addressing several issues.  The one I remember clearly was a question which asked, more or less, would you take a drug that would boost your athletic ability by 10%, but it would also shorten your life by 10%.  An overwhelming majority said they would.  Now, you take this same mentality among male athletes who are training hard but just not competitive for whatever reason, and drop in the idea that they can claim tranny status and compete as a female.  Some are going to see this as an opportunity to gain a competitive edge.  And they are taking that opportunity, because the PC police aren't allowing them to be criticized for doing so.  Now, I'm starting to see push back from real females, seeing female athletes hurt by the inclusions of tranny athletes in their sports, and the loss of opportunities,  scholarships, sponsorship money,  etc.  Won't it be fun to watch the fight between radical feminists and tranny supporters?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark