Author Topic: From "Joe the Savior!" to "WTF are you doing, Joe" in 10 months...  (Read 1958 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
https://www.foxnews.com/us/joe-biden-poll-crime-plummets-smash-and-grabs-crime

The numbers that Sniffy Joe is putting up are just stunning at how bad they are, and even more stunning when you consider how far and fast they have fallen from the day he took office. And, it's one more indication of what could be coming for the Democrats in next year's midterms.

There are a growing number of stories about the panic that is setting in among Democrats. Virginia's bloodbath* showed that the Democratic strategy of screaming TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! wasn't the sure path to electoral success that they thought it was.

Now that Biden's numbers are tanking so thoroughly across the board they're realizing that they don't have much of anything to offer for solid talking points in the run up to the 2022 election season.

I mentioned the other day that the firehose of Democratic e-mails had absolutely dried up. In the last couple of days I've gotten two, so I know I've not been dropped from the e-mail list.

But neither one has the tone that they did just a few weeks ago -- that the Biden administration is the glorious reincarnation of Saint Barak the First's reign.

Buckle in, folks. It's going to be a VERY interesting coming year...

* After the election in November there were two VERY close races for which recounts were scheduled. Some Democrats predicted that "when ALL the votes are counted we'll have a split House 50-50."

Last week both races were confirmed for the Republicans, giving the GOP a 52-48 majority.  =)

Democrats still control the Virginia Senate, and that election isn't until 2023, unfortunately.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: From "Joe the Savior!" to "WTF are you doing, Joe" in 10 months...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 11:42:47 AM »
And just found this opinion piece on Fox buried down the page...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-dem-warns-trump-focus-campaigns-midterms

Unfortunately, apparently some of the Democrats are waking up and realizing that Trump isn't the boogeyman they thought he was going to be forever and ever...

That's unfortunate. It really was such a winning strategy... for Republicans.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 11:45:19 AM »
It only took 10 months to realize that there was more to a good presidency than not being Trump?  I guess that's acceptable.  I saw a headline that lamented the fact that Harris isn't getting enough attention considering the stress she's under being one heartbeat away from that office.  Maybe an attempt to draw attention to the new savior?

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 12:43:42 PM »
This is even more significant if you consider the media's different treatment of both Biden and Trump. Constant attacks on Trump which began before his election and still haven't abated today ( along with programmed polls ) certainly drove down his numbers, probably between 10 and 20 percent.

On the other hand, the adulation the media has heaped on Biden (along with programmed polling again) is probably boosting Joe's numbers by the same 10 to 20 percent. 

Had the media been impartial and objective, Trump would certainly have been re-elected . . . but if by some fluke we ended up with Joe again, in my opinion his numbers would have people marching on the White House with torches and pitchforks. (We'd also be hearing a LOT more about the underhanded shenanigans of Hunter . . . and Kamala . . . and Pelosi . . . and Swalwell . . . and even Hillary.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 12:48:50 PM »
This is even more significant if you consider the media's different treatment of both Biden and Trump. Constant attacks on Trump which began before his election and still haven't abated today ( along with programmed polls ) certainly drove down his numbers, probably between 10 and 20 percent.

On the other hand, the adulation the media has heaped on Biden (along with programmed polling again) is probably boosting Joe's numbers by the same 10 to 20 percent. 

Had the media been impartial and objective, Trump would certainly have been re-elected . . .

Remember it wasn't just the media. IMO, the absolutely biggest effect and election tampering came from big tech through curating, censoring, and pretty much controlling the entire social media narrative and what information people saw.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 01:18:09 PM »
Not saying Biden is not an evil old fool, but... frankly, a fair number of the problems we have would still be present even Trump had been re-elected (crap economy, debt, horrific inflation, the Taliban taking over Afghanistan).

Trump's popularity would probably be even worse at this point, given the media would be constantly attacking him (still).  He is probably personally lucky he lost re-election.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »
I want to know what drugs they gave him before the debates because outside of the debates he didn't seem to know what year it was or even what office he was running for.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 03:27:01 PM »
Time for a big crisis to make sure the midterms aren't normal. Not sure what, I figured Kamala would be installed by now but they are scared to pull that pin.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 03:35:04 PM »
"This is even more significant if you consider the media's different treatment of both Biden and Trump. "

But to hear the Biden white house talk about it, he's getting the worst treatment of any human ever to have walked the planet. They've actually been doing some.... castigating... behind the scenes over the "unfair" treatment Joe's getting over the economy...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
I saw a headline that lamented the fact that Harris isn't getting enough attention considering the stress she's under being one heartbeat away from that office.  Maybe an attempt to draw attention to the new savior?

They've given up on Harris. She was never popular (did abysmally in the primaries), and is polling worse than Biden now. The only attention she's gotten lately is over the fact that her staffers are bailing out, and supposedly saying things like this:

It’s clear that you’re not working with somebody who is willing to do the prep and the work,” the staffer said. “With Kamala you have to put up with a constant amount of soul-destroying criticism and also her own lack of confidence. So you’re constantly sort of propping up a bully, and it’s not really clear why."

link

Biden told us up front that she's only there because she's a black woman. She's certainly not there because anyone likes her, or because she's some kind of powerful figure, ready to rule from the shadows, or plot a coup against her boss.

I doubt the media helps Biden as much as they hurt Trump's poll numbers. Just guessing, but I doubt they obsess over Biden anywhere nearly as much as they did with Trump. Trump they went after 24/7, making up all kinds of things to accuse him of. I just don't see anyone having that kind of obsessive relationship with Joe Biden. Other than Leslie Knope, obviously.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 07:57:39 PM »
"I doubt the media helps Biden as much as they hurt Trump's poll numbers."

I think that's a pretty accurate statement.

It's pretty amazing the numbers that are showing up from people who were big Biden supporters prior to the election. Now that the economy is brick walling and prices are rocketing up and Joe hasn't eradicated the scourge of COVID they're starting to abandon him like the rats that they are and always have been.

There's no amount of deification from the press that will make up for the fact that filling your gas tank as doubled in less than a year and you're paying 25% more for the same grocery order over the same period.

Trump at least had a pretty decent economy to help him along, but many times he did himself no favors and every time he made a gaffe the press was there to blow it all out of proportion.

I'm really shocked that MSNBC didn't run a headline like "Trump clear cuts forest of endangered trees for his personal pleasure!" in describing the White House Christmas display.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 09:30:09 PM »
I wonder what things would be like today if Washington bureaucrats had not actively worked to destroy the economy that was going rather well in December of 2019...
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 09:47:13 PM »
I went to the supermarket this afternoon. I didn't buy anything exotic -- no chickens, no turkeys, no beef. A little from the produce aisle, a bag of fish sticks, four 2-liter bottles of store brand soda, couple of cans of canned veggies, a dozen eggs, a loaf of store brand bread, orange juice, and a couple of other items. Basically, what I might normally buy on a weekend to get me through the week, and for which I expected to pay around fifty bucks.

WRONG!

ONE HUNDRED SMACKERS.

And several things on my list I couldn't buy, because the shelves were bare. Some items were simply not there -- neither the name brand or the store brand. That was happening throughout the store, not just in one or two aisles.

Yeah, Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 12:23:38 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 10:44:01 PM »
Let's see... I shop at Aldi...

Three frozen pizzas, a thing of pepperoni, and about a pound of shredded moz.... 2.5 pounds of burger, eight buns. A dozen eggs. Some pre-cooked frozen sausage. Two boxes of toasted ravioli... Three bags of frozen chicken tenders suitable for the air fryer. Some other stuff, splenda, etc...

I got out for $80ish, and about three weeks of dinner...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 08:18:22 AM »
I just saw a clip of Chuck Todd on his weekend show. He claims that Biden's numbers are low because, "The virus is out of control and Trump is still lurking out there."

Yes, he said "lurking".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 09:08:10 AM »
""The virus is out of control and Trump is still lurking out there." "

OK, that made me actually laugh out loud.

Given how wildly unpopular Trump was it's kind of hard to compute how he could drag Biden's popularity down. Of course, people like Todd can't process that kind of information because most of their brains are taken up with TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2021, 09:40:59 AM »
I just heard the Chuck Todd comment again. I didn't get it right the first time. He actually said, "Covid is not behind us and Donald Trump is still lurking."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
It's pretty amazing the numbers that are showing up from people who were big Biden supporters prior to the election.

Biden didn't have many strong supporters to begin with, none that I encountered anyway.
It was clear during the election that there were far more people who were anti-trump than actually pro-Biden.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2021, 09:54:20 AM »
Biden didn't have many strong supporters to begin with, none that I encountered anyway.
It was clear during the election that there were far more people who were anti-trump than actually pro-Biden.

This
When 90% of the MSM was screaming Trump is the devil, worse than Hitler, 24-7 and Trump couldn't scratch his nose without the MSM screaming it was a white supremacy gesture like it or not it has an effect particularity when for many that's all they ever saw 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2021, 10:31:08 AM »

Absolutely.  When I think of all my votes that were not in favor of the candidate as much as it was against the opponent.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2021, 10:44:38 AM »
Absolutely.  When I think of all my votes that were not in favor of the candidate as much as it was against the opponent.

Very few candidates I've voted for, in a long time.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2021, 11:17:44 AM »
"Biden didn't have many strong supporters to begin with, none that I encountered anyway."

Categorized by the polling questions/responses, not by their heartfelt emotions.

I know quite a few people who can only be described as very strong Biden supporters.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2021, 11:30:36 AM »
"Biden didn't have many strong supporters to begin with, none that I encountered anyway."

Categorized by the polling questions/responses, not by their heartfelt emotions.

I know quite a few people who can only be described as very strong Biden supporters.

When I visit my Sister-in-Law near Mordor-on-the-Potomac, I also run into some strong Biden supporters. They are much thinner on the ground down here in FL, even in the counties he won.  You might be close enough to the One Ring (Beltway) it's warping people to evil.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »

I have to admit, that's fair. In 2016, there were a lot of Trump voters who were more anti-Hillary than they were pro-Trump.

It's proof (IMHO) that out current two party system is irretrievably broken. Like (I suspect) many, I have spent much of my adult life voting against candidates I couldn't stomach rather than voting for candidates I really liked and supported. And I think that's a rather sad commentary on the status of our political system.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2021, 08:47:50 PM »
New poll out today...

Biden has dropped another 8 points with independents.

Maybe that explains him being on the TV today delivering a self-congratulatory address on how he's solved all of the problems because gasoline prices have come down 10 cents a gallon and how store shelves aren't bare.

Jesus...