Author Topic: Grifters gonna grift  (Read 759 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Grifters gonna grift
« on: December 16, 2021, 09:00:20 PM »
California’s Superintendent of Equity Daniel Lee resigned in disgrace Tuesday after Politico reported the six-figure-salaried education chief works as a life coach in Pennsylvania.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/16/six-figure-california-superintendent-of-equity-living-in-pennsylvania-resigns/

Perhaps he thought equity and inclusion meant including both sides of the country, so he could share his bigotry as widely as possible. Or perhaps EDI is just a scam, and the people who run it are just scam artists. Either way, anyone who hires these racist grifters deserves to get played. I just wish American tax-payers didn't get swindled in the process.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Grifters gonna grift
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 09:11:05 PM »
He'll get a call in the morning about a 7 figure position in the Biden admin
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 09:38:53 PM »
You can bet that when your larger company has you sit through a "diversity" or some other course that the trainer involved is good friends with one of the upper level HR folks...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 10:15:32 PM »
Further down on the same link, Ohio State apparently has 132 Diversity and Inclusion bureaucrats working.  Not sure what they do that requires 132 people, but Universities are full of bloated spending and waste. 

Just out today: @OhioState has a small army of 132 "diversicrats" at an avg. salary of $77,000 and total est. payroll cost of $13.4M, which would cover in-state tuition for 1,120 students 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 10:19:29 PM »
“State superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Thurmond, who was instrumental in the hiring, has known Lee for more than two decades since they were social workers in Philadelphia and included Lee in his wedding,” the magazine reported.

They fired Lee for taking advantage of the system.  Mr. Thurmond gifted him 160K a year of taxpayer money.  Why isn't he unemployed as well?  Ironically the "diversicrats" talk about inherent racism but benefit from inherent corruption.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 08:11:30 PM »
Not sure what they do that requires 132 people, but Universities are full of bloated spending and waste.

The same can be said about governments and bureaucracies.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 09:09:15 PM »
The same can be said about governments and bureaucracies.  :facepalm:
Oh sure, that is true.  However, college debt is a big issue these days and no one talks about how much of that tuition money the universities waste. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2021, 11:35:34 PM »
....and another one is forced to resign.

California education official resigns after working from Texas
https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2021/12/23/california-education-aide-resigns-after-working-from-texas-9428100
Records show Kadakia, 34, lives in the Dallas area, where she and her husband purchased a home in 2019. She appears to have worked in Texas since 2016, according to LinkedIn, but originally hails from California, graduating from Walnut High School in east Los Angeles County and earning her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Cal State Fullerton.

Not only are California state employees generally prohibited from living out of state, but they are banned from traveling to Texas and 17 other states deemed to have discriminatory laws.
I don't she ever worked in California.  I wonder if they took California income tax out of her paycheck. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 12:18:25 AM »
CDE confirmed Kadakia’s departure in a statement Thursday. “We sought to ensure that all our personnel were in line with the new guidance,” the department said in a statement. “In doing so, we accepted Ms. Kadakia’s resignation.”

"New guidance"? What "new guidance"? When Lee was caught, it was already established policy.

In an 18-page resume, Lee seemingly had no prior experience in California schools or relationships with school districts.

She's only 34 years old, and she was chasing a PhD from 2019 to 2021. How could she possibly have built up an 18-page resume? I'm more than twice her age, and mine is only six pages.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 09:07:11 AM »
"New guidance"? What "new guidance"? When Lee was caught, it was already established policy.

She's only 34 years old, and she was chasing a PhD from 2019 to 2021. How could she possibly have built up an 18-page resume? I'm more than twice her age, and mine is only six pages.
Neither one of them had experience worth hiring them out of state.  I assume they knew someone or there was some other reason they were hired.  I am sort of wondering if they were doing political work where they lived.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 09:26:46 AM »
Neither one of them had experience worth hiring them out of state.  I assume they knew someone or there was some other reason they were hired.  I am sort of wondering if they were doing political work where they lived.

I'm sure they were.

I also wonder if either of them actually performed any work whatsoever for the California Department of Education.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design