Author Topic: NBC just settled with Nick Sandmann...  (Read 837 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
NBC just settled with Nick Sandmann...
« on: December 18, 2021, 08:06:52 AM »
Of course, the terms are undisclosed and confidential.

That makes three big media outlets that have settled now, including CNN and the Washington (Com)Post.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nicholas-sandmann-nbc-settlement-covington-kid
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: NBC just settled with Nick Sandmann...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 08:25:36 AM »
That's three down and it looks like a half dozen to go, which he will also win, and deservedly so.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »
Judging by their coverage of Kyle Rittenhouse, they've learned nothing. Seems like smearing Americans is more rewarding for them than avoiding lawsuits.

And now for the yuks (from Jan. 2020)
Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann had to save his allowance for six months to attend the March For Life in Washington last year. But this year, CNN was gracious enough to fund the trip in its entirety. “It’s so nice of them,” Mr. Sandmann said. “I mean, not only did they pay for my spot on the bus out here, but they also paid for all my meals and my luxury suite at the Trump International Hotel; it’s got a jacuzzi and everything. Can’t wait to get the chill off after the march by soaking in that thing.”

Mr. Sandmann’s father told reporters that CNN is also kindly covering the costs of his son’s college education, medical school, first car and house, and full retirement plan—plus the purchase of either a major league baseball or NFL team, depending on what Nick decides later in life.
https://theimaginativeconservative.org/2020/01/nick-sandmann-wins-free-trip-from-cnn-to-the-march-for-life.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 02:23:29 PM »
Of course, the terms are undisclosed and confidential.
 . . .
And of course, NBC is probably hoping Sandmann is dumb enough to disclose the terms, which would probably nullify the agreement and the suit. As much as I'd like to know what NBC had to pay out, I have a hunch Sandmann is smart enough to keep his pie hole closed about it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 04:59:14 PM »
Good for him. 

I am still not sure Rittenhouse will have success with lawsuits.  He was involved in a criminal case, not just hanging out on a school trip. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 10:44:34 PM »
OP op cit.:

"In 2020, Sandmann attorney Todd McMurtry told Fox News that lawsuits against "as many as 13 other defendants will be filed," including ABC, CBS, The Guardian, HuffPost, NPR, Slate, The Hill, and Gannett, which owns the Cincinnati Enquirer as well as other small outlets."

"It makes my heart soar like an eagle." --Grandfather, played by Chief Dan George, in "Little Big Man" (1970)

Let 'em quake in terror and clutch their pearls and collapse onto the fainting couch.

I mean that sincerely.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 10:59:46 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 11:27:36 PM »
Good for him. 

I am still not sure Rittenhouse will have success with lawsuits.  He was involved in a criminal case, not just hanging out on a school trip.

I would say Rittenhouse has a higher hurdle to surmount, but until the media made him into a "public personality" he wasn't one. And they basically labeled him a mass murderer, which the acquittal on all charges blew a pretty big hole in. I think he has a chance to collect a few dinars if he has the right lawyer -- and if he'll now go back home and STFU.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 06:39:28 PM »
It would be nice to see a couple of those irresponsible spews outlets go belly up because of the suits.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 07:00:23 PM »
I would say Rittenhouse has a higher hurdle to surmount, but until the media made him into a "public personality" he wasn't one. And they basically labeled him a mass murderer, which the acquittal on all charges blew a pretty big hole in. I think he has a chance to collect a few dinars if he has the right lawyer -- and if he'll now go back home and STFU.
I don't mind him doing some interviews.  I figure he was getting paid for it which he probably needs.  I agree he has a chance with his lawsuits as long as he gets the right lawyers and they take their time and do it right.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 06:38:08 AM »

I think Rittenhouse will have an easier time suing on grounds of slander for the networks and talking heads labeling him a white supremacist and racist. As far as I know, absolutely no proof of such has ever come out, nor has there been anything even remotely corroborating such claims.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 09:13:13 AM »
I think Rittenhouse will have an easier time suing on grounds of slander for the networks and talking heads labeling him a white supremacist and racist. As far as I know, absolutely no proof of such has ever come out, nor has there been anything even remotely corroborating such claims.

Good point.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 10:09:11 AM »
Doesn't he have the same lawyers that Sandmann had?

IIRC, they did the Sandmann thing cheap - but they'll make bank with Rittenhouse...
Blog under construction