Author Topic: Retired Generals Warn of Trumpian Civil War  (Read 3147 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Retired Generals Warn of Trumpian Civil War
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2021, 01:40:14 PM »
I agree for the vast majority.  Even so, it wouldn't surprise me to see more political riots, individual attacks, and killings by the partisan fringes.

Like antifa, who didn't just sit in their lazy boys and eat tofu sandwiches.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2021, 02:52:43 PM »
I agree for the vast majority.  Even so, it wouldn't surprise me to see more political riots, individual attacks, and killings by the partisan fringes.
We would probably see more retaliatory attacks by people ostensibly on the right.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2021, 03:23:21 PM »
We would probably see more retaliatory attacks by people ostensibly on the right.

Yes.  We are starting to see conservatives rioters, which I have never seen before in my lifetime.  Nothing good is coming up with these developments.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2021, 04:13:04 PM »
The police are there to protect rioters from someone using Colonel Jeff's solution...
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2021, 07:53:26 PM »
The police are there to protect rioters from someone using Colonel Jeff's solution...
If the police begin to be widely seen as protecting rioters from their victims . . . they will be viewed as rioters themselves, and get the same treatment. And things will get worse all round.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 08:01:33 PM »
Glenn Greenwald has some good analysis regarding these Generals and the narrative they and their ilk are trying to push.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/12/21/glenn-greenwald-reacts-to-retired-generals-writing-a-borderline-fascist-op-ed-that-the-military-must-prepare-now-for-a-2024-insurrection/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »
Yes.  We are starting to see conservatives rioters, which I have never seen before in my lifetime.  Nothing good is coming up with these developments.
I would not say I have seen rioters myself.  That implies destroying stuff and looting stores.  I don't know if you have seen that.  What I have seen is conservative (or Not-Antifa) people showing up prepared to fight the inevitable Antifa goons who show up and try to push them around. 

I don't think we will see "riots" by people on the right.  It will be something else.  They know if they do anything like that, the local DA's and Feds will come down on them like a ton of bricks. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2021, 08:24:50 PM »
"Retired Brigadier"

AKA, didn't make the cut to MG...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2021, 08:27:12 PM »
I've seen rioters... Looters... There are still stores around here that haven't bothered to take the plywood down.

Usually immigrant-owned.

And the last bit, more than a few had armed security that were not wearing "I'm just here to call 911" uniforms.
Blog under construction

JN01

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2021, 12:45:27 AM »
They just want to plan a coup to prevent a coup.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2021, 04:15:32 AM »
What makes everybody think there will be no foreign intervention if powder starts being burned?

We will have armed "agents" and even armed troops from almost every country in the world involved on our soil, looking for a piece of the pie.

Maybe even Canada and GB.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2021, 12:05:38 PM »
If you have a chance, check out Mad Mike's "Soft Casualty" short story...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2021, 02:45:31 PM »
What makes everybody think there will be no foreign intervention if powder starts being burned?

We will have armed "agents" and even armed troops from almost every country in the world involved on our soil, looking for a piece of the pie.

Maybe even Canada and GB.
What "piece of the pie" would that be?  How much value would there be in taking over a piece of the US?  I guess there are a few locations that have stuff that could be carried away.  I can see drug cartels and the like trying to rule areas unofficially.

I would expect people like China would be more likely to expand locally while no one is around to contest it.  Might be lots of smaller scale fighting all over.

The other part is our economy is likely to tank if there is actually a shooting war going on.  That is going to have an effect on everyone else.  International trade is going to fall apart if no one enforcing peace on the trade lanes.  Things would be pretty unstable for a while.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2021, 07:40:15 PM »
What "piece of the pie" would that be?  How much value would there be in taking over a piece of the US?  I guess there are a few locations that have stuff that could be carried away.  I can see drug cartels and the like trying to rule areas unofficially.

I would expect people like China would be more likely to expand locally while no one is around to contest it.  Might be lots of smaller scale fighting all over.

The other part is our economy is likely to tank if there is actually a shooting war going on.  That is going to have an effect on everyone else.  International trade is going to fall apart if no one enforcing peace on the trade lanes.  Things would be pretty unstable for a while.

Plus a foreign power sticking their peepee into many areas of the US would be like sticking it into a blender. The insurgency would make all other insurgencies look like a trip to Disneyland.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2021, 10:20:26 AM »
OK, I'm wrong.  There will be no foreign intervention if powder starts being burned. I take it all back.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2021, 10:24:29 AM »
Plus a foreign power sticking their peepee into many areas of the US would be like sticking it into a blender. The insurgency would make all other insurgencies look like a trip to Disneyland.
I have to agree - nothing would do more to make the comfortable fence-sitters take action than foreign forces under arms roaming American streets and ordering Americans around.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2021, 11:49:49 AM »
OK, I'm wrong.  There will be no foreign intervention if powder starts being burned. I take it all back.

Oh I wouldn’t go that far just it would be extremely stupid of them to do so. Not that that’s stopped anyone before of course…
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2021, 12:00:34 PM »
I can also see foreign powers doing things indirectly similar to what they do now.

My whole point is I don't see the profit in invading and holding the US (or part of it).  Certainly not at present.  That could change.  I can sort of imagine a case where a foreigner could get support if they ran things better than the local Corrupticrats.  However, I don't see any foreign powers that don't have all the same issues we do and more. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »
Just a thought exercise:  is there a chunk of the US that could be more or less conquered and turned into a profitable colony assuming the whole area didn't dissolve into fighting?  If you separated that area form the rest of the US that is.  There are areas that would have agricultural value.  There are areas like the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast that have a lot of chemical plants and oil/gas production (offshore also). 

I guess it would be similar to what people are thinking of as far as the US splitting up. 

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2021, 12:21:34 PM »

WOLVERINES!!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2021, 02:20:52 PM »
Y'all know about how folks talk about the invasion of Japan in 1945 would have gone?

The entire population fighting?

We wouldn't need the entire population fighting.

They would literally have to destroy the entire population to remove the veterans, hunters, tac-bois, and so on...

Neutron bombs? Or a massive bio attack? Hmmm...
Blog under construction

JN01

• friend
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2021, 05:13:08 PM »
Y'all know about how folks talk about the invasion of Japan in 1945 would have gone?

The entire population fighting?

We wouldn't need the entire population fighting.

They would literally have to destroy the entire population to remove the veterans, hunters, tac-bois, and so on...

Neutron bombs? Or a massive bio attack? Hmmm...

Fauchi has the Wuhan lab working on the Omega variant as we speak.   >:D

HankB

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
Hmmm . . . I wonder how many Hunter Biden paintings are being bought by less than friendly foreign interests . . .

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2021, 05:47:24 PM »
I'm willing to be we already have foreign intervention. The US is one of the easiest countries to immigrate, blend in, and start causing trouble. Find the right people and pay them to riot, loot, etc.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2021, 07:31:21 PM »
If we were going to have foreign intervention in a US, bullets flying, civil war, I suspect it'd be like Iran was involved with the war in Iraq. That is no uniformed troops on our soil or planes in our air, but ammo and spicy playdoh would suddenly be pretty easy to find, and there may be some really fit guys that like vodka willing to show the III percenters and Antifa how to make neat things.

Why risk your troops, or worse, unifying us again, when we'll kill each other.