Author Topic: A Law Professor Rewrites the Second Amendment…  (Read 457 times)

MechAg94

• friend
A Law Professor Rewrites the Second Amendment…
« on: December 21, 2021, 02:44:08 PM »
A Law Professor Rewrites the Second Amendment…And Eliminates All Those Pesky Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/a-law-professor-rewrites-the-second-amendment-and-eliminates-all-those-pesky-guns/

All people have the right to bodily autonomy consistent with the right of other people to the same, including the right to defend themselves against unlawful force and the right of self-determination in reproductive matters. The government shall take reasonable measures to protect the health and safety of the public as a whole.

I am not sure if this even rates much attention as the law professor appears to be a fool.  First, she doesn't seem to understand that the Bill of Rights was written as a prohibition on govt.  Second, she is watering down a "right to self defense" by trying to wrap reproductive rights into it.  She also appears to be an anti-gunner who doesn't even want gun rights protected at all.  She doesn't seem to understand the brutality of the other weapons that would come into use if guns weren't prevalent. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: A Law Professor Rewrites the Second Amendment…
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 09:26:04 PM »
I suspect that there are a lot of academicians with that mind set in the law school pipelines. Churning out generations of like minded lawyers that go on to be politicians and judges.
That is why I do not for one second believe that a Convention of States would give us the libertarian wet dream so many seem to believe we would get.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: A Law Professor Rewrites the Second Amendment…
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 10:13:10 PM »
I suspect that there are a lot of academicians with that mind set in the law school pipelines. Churning out generations of like minded lawyers that go on to be politicians and judges.
That is why I do not for one second believe that a Convention of States would give us the libertarian wet dream so many seem to believe we would get.

Agreed.

"The Fix is in."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.