Author Topic: When "We want a progressive, woke, District Attorney!"  (Read 879 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
When "We want a progressive, woke, District Attorney!"
« on: January 01, 2022, 07:11:32 AM »
is quickly followed by...

"Holy crap, crime is out of control, I need a gun!"

Funny how no one needs a gun because the police can protect them, but I need a gun because I'm a woke liberal who's afraid of the tidal wave of crime that I helped create.

Reason 2,274,872 why I HATE liberals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10359045/Beverly-Hills-residents-flocking-buy-guns-citys-firearms-store-LA-crime-soars.html?ito=facebook_share_article-top&fbclid=IwAR398GAeLRndZH5HqpIQY60o3aaMTyyaoqznW0CBvVBS6diQ6_4rVA3CKKY
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: When "We want a progressive, woke, District Attorney!"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 08:12:09 AM »
I don't wish harm on anyone, but it's almost a good thing that the thugs have left their normal AOs to hit the 90210. I've seen videos of some of these home (or more accurately driveway) invasions, where the thugs walk through the open gates like they're walking into the 7/11, while the residents exit their beemers, oblivious to the threat.

The residents are totally in condition white, expecting total safety in their enclaves, as if having gates is more of a status symbol than something you use for security, for instance by closing them after you drive through them.

Sometimes you don't need a wakeup call to take a red pill, you need a good slap in the face.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 08:22:29 AM »
Mostly all they'll do is ramp up the calls to ban guns while they buy guns.
One set of rules for the Soviet masses, another set of rules for the Soviet elite. Guess which camp they think they fall into.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 12:40:23 PM »
The other thing to remember is these criminals weren't born yesterday.  Past policies didn't get rid of criminals, it just contained them better.  Reversing to two years ago doesn't fix the problem. 

The videos out of South Africa and other countries are pretty eye opening.  I hope people wake up and get a lid put on this here.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 12:43:23 PM »
The videos out of South Africa and other countries are pretty eye opening.  I hope people wake up and get a lid put on this here.

I've seen some of the South African ones where guys attempt armored car robberies. Absolutely brazen and like an Old West movie shootout. Real Mad Max stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 02:28:18 PM »
Your description reminded me of the first two videos.  I found one on Youtube.  A lot of it boils down to either poor situational awareness or just lack of preparedness.  But the idea that thugs are driving around nice neighborhoods scouting for opportunities is troubling. 

This one a woman is backing into a car port through an automatic gate.  The husband comes out in shorts.  If you watch, I think you can see the robbers drive by on a side street on the left then come back and the guy jumps out and keeps the gate from closing.   This one I think it from another country, but I don't know which for sure.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXWOFdRPIIr/

This one a woman is coming through a drive way gate coming back from a walk (I think).  In the instagram video, you can see two guys get out of a car in the upper left.  They come in and rob her before the gate closes.  She isn't paying attention   Los Angeles.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CW7IqIBvpqM/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4sHPXEZC7E

Mrgunsngear posted this one.  It is not like the others.  A drive by shooting in Puerto Rico.  A little bit more than a drive by.  They move in to make sure everyone is dead at the end.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXSVGDdpnkf/

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 02:38:27 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/insta5hit/
This Instagram channel has a lot good videos, not all crime. 

zahc

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 02:38:36 PM »
From what I heard, car break-ins on parked cars in SF are basically a cottage industry at this point. They just break into cars in broad daylight with people milling around like it's a normal thing. It's like the criminals have discovered that they won't be caught and if they are, they will just be turned back loose shortly. It's a basic breakdown of law and order. It's disappointing that we have to go through cycles of people discovering that there is a criminal element and we have (admittedly imperfect) societal controls in place for a reason.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 02:40:23 PM »
From what I heard, car break-ins on parked cars in SF are basically a cottage industry at this point. They just break into cars in broad daylight with people milling around like it's a normal thing. It's like the criminals have discovered that they won't be caught and if they are, they will just be turned back loose shortly. It's a basic breakdown of law and order. It's disappointing that we have to go through cycles of people discovering that there is a criminal element and we have (admittedly imperfect) societal controls in place for a reason.
I would add that local witnesses won't stop them.  I figure the local police and D.A. would go hard on any 3rd party that stopped them. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2022, 02:44:54 PM »
I would add that local witnesses won't stop them.  I figure the local police and D.A. would go hard on any 3rd party that stopped them.
At some point the general public will come to view law enforcement as nothing more than a subset of the criminal class, a security detail for the looters and thugs if you will . . . and things will get even uglier.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 04:58:28 PM »
At some point the general public will come to view law enforcement as nothing more than a subset of the criminal class, a security detail for the looters and thugs if you will . . . and things will get even uglier.

That point should have been mid 2019 or so.

This one a woman is coming through a drive way gate coming back from a walk (I think).  In the instagram video, you can see two guys get out of a car in the upper left.  They come in and rob her before the gate closes.  She isn't paying attention   Los Angeles.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CW7IqIBvpqM/

That woman  had plenty of time.  She was facing them and 40ish feet away when they crossed the threshold of the gate and became targets.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 05:20:13 PM »
That woman  had plenty of time.  She was facing them and 40ish feet away when they crossed the threshold of the gate and became targets.

Yeah, that's one of the ones I alluded to that I was shaking my head about. I understand some people have auto-closing gates, so if they would have followed her in seconds after she drove through, that would be one thing. However they walked in after she removed her baby from her car and put it in the stroller, which had to have taken a minute or two, which suggests she just left the gate open.

So most likely of the mindset of "It can't happen here." Which, in fairness, I sometimes think where I live as well. While I secure myself, I (and most everyone here) do things like leave shop doors open, etc. so that any burglar could come by. Most of us likely won't change our behavior until after one of us is robbed.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2022, 09:30:36 PM »
Criminals in St. Louis know that they won't have problems.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/9-months-into-second-term-st-louis-prosecutor-can-t-keep-attorneys-on-staff/article_a9b8b33a-a3c3-5a88-bc1e-7123f8b8aa85.html

She's FULLY woke.

Guy walked into my store the other night, driving a 1996 Suzuki X90, with the plate "EVRYDY" (daily driver?) - i figure it was either stolen or he just didn't care. He grabbed a couple of hundred bucks worth of stuff, ran out the door. The plate actually belongs to that car - we can run them. And we notice odd vehicles.

FINALLY got a police report number.
Blog under construction