15 (14.6%)
9) Reform education
4 (3.9%)
10) Defend family values
1 (1%)
11) Other (please specify)
4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Your Top Three Issues for 2022 (From This List)  (Read 1535 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Your Top Three Issues for 2022 (From This List)
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2022, 03:58:24 PM »
"Election integrity" is also about twitter censoring a sitting president. About big tech and the MSM censoring and curating information to effectively change elections without ballot fraud, because they feed people "the (their) truth" and send anything else into a black hole.

I know I harp on it a lot, but big tech is one of the greatest evils of our time, and they are the biggest player in election fraud, manipulating results before ballots are even cast.
Calling that election integrity is a huge stretch. Calling it election fraud is ridiculous.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 04:11:29 PM »
Calling that election integrity is a huge stretch. Calling it election fraud is ridiculous.

I agree election integrity shouldn't be confused with the traitorous conspiracy to steal elections that has been in place for years, maybe decades.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 04:15:13 PM »

Lucky for me I don't have to accept your opinion any more than you have to accept mine.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 04:23:28 PM »
Lucky for me I don't have to accept your opinion any more than you have to accept mine.
This true. However, it would be useful in a discussion (or poll  ;)) if people agreed on the meaning of words.
I would put those issues under something like misinformation, propaganda, censorship, or media bias.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 04:37:28 PM »
This true. However, it would be useful in a discussion (or poll  ;)) if people agreed on the meaning of words.
I would put those issues under something like misinformation, propaganda, censorship, or media bias.

I could accept all those, except media bias is a bit mild in my opinion for some of what's going on. There has always been media bias across the political spectrum that we have all lived with, though we may not like it. Things like the censorship and controlling servers to prevent platforms for opinions you don't like is far more serious in my book. And yes, it goes well beyond elections.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2022, 12:45:34 PM »
I feel like balancing the supply chain is actually a step on the path to a couple of the others, so RKBA, election integrity and independent energy supply are mine.

In order to achieve the energy independence, we have to have a functional supply chain  for the materials and workers to do it. Two birds, one stone.

I feel that corona is a bit of a look see to distract from the fact that energy supply in this country is on a knife edge. Lack of power and lack of fuel can cripple us in very short order, especially since a majority of the population simply can't function for a couple days without either. As much as I'd like to see these idiots get darwined, we have to have it.

Election integrity is obvious. They aren't even really hiding the cheating anymore. It's disgusting.

And yes, I do worry about RKBA. Governor Black Face may be on his way out the door, but he got a little to close for comfort to a nasty ban and I don't need that kind of stress in my life.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds