Author Topic: Sotomayor steps in it.  (Read 922 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Sotomayor steps in it.
« on: January 08, 2022, 04:00:42 PM »
 she made false claims in court about how many children are being hospitalized by cv1984.
 is she A: dumb?
          B: a tv watcher?
           C: evil genius trying to fear monger?

its all over the news, Trump got cancelled but it is ok if you are an obama hack i guess
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Sotomayor steps in it.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 04:08:32 PM »
she made false claims in court about how many children are being hospitalized by cv1984.
 is she A: dumb?
          B: a tv watcher?
           C: evil genius trying to fear monger?

its all over the news, Trump got cancelled but it is ok if you are an obama hack i guess

I'll go with B.  A TV watcher, suffering from Gell-Mann amnesia.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 04:46:43 PM »
I'll vote for A + B

Does anyone besides me remember that when she was confirmed she referred to herself as "a wise Latina"? What a joke!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »
I'll vote for A + B

Does anyone besides me remember that when she was confirmed she referred to herself as "a wise Latina"? What a joke!

I think it was our beloved president, B. Hussein Obama, who referred to her that way.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 05:38:00 PM »
Kagan also said some stupid *expletive deleted*it, like that mandates are "incentives" and she can't understand why people won't take these incentives. Mandates are the stick, yo. Her stupid comment got me to thinking though, that if they really wanted to get more people vaxxed up, they should have offered to pay everyone who gets the vax $1000. It would have been around 100X cheaper than all the other stuff they wasted covid money on.

The MSM neglected to fact check the latina and Kagan, and also Breyer, who said that there have been 750,000,000 cases of covid in the US.

The MSM did manage to jump all over Gorsuch for supposedly saying that the flu kills hundreds of thousands of people each year. At first I was actually even going with the MSM narrative, figuring that maybe he slipped up and was talking global numbers rather than US numbers. It turns out that the MSM heard him wrong, and as per the transcript, what he actually said was "There are hundreds, thousands, of flu deaths every year." Which is actually on the low, not high side.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 06:06:19 PM »
I think it was our beloved president, B. Hussein Obama, who referred to her that way.

It was actually the wise Latina latinx herself, although she didn't directly claim she was wise. But we all knew what she meant.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 10:34:54 AM »

It's called separation of powers, and covered under the 10th amendment.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 11:22:33 AM »

No, it was she herself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 03:02:08 PM »

Back in the dark ages when I was in school, you had to take an US-ian history class and pass a test on the US (and Ill-i-noise, IIRC) constitution, to graduate. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 03:14:15 PM »

Is there a record of where that was said?  That's a remarkably dumb thing to let spill.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 03:21:42 PM »
Is there a record of where that was said?  That's a remarkably dumb thing to let spill.

It was during the hearings on the vaccine mandates last Friday.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2022, 03:50:32 PM »
That's a tell me you never read the constitution without telling me you never read the constitution. Kind of like Garland.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 10:45:22 PM »
The more I learn about our "leaders" the less impressed I am.

(Actually, I kind of remember hearing a first-term congresscritter say more or less the same thing after taking office.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 10:23:34 AM »
The more I learn about our "leaders" the less impressed I am.

(Actually, I kind of remember hearing a first-term congresscritter say more or less the same thing after taking office.)
I would agree with that.  While I think there are some that are dang sharp, there are quite a few that really know next to nothing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 11:14:05 AM »

Yeah, but the Tenth Amendment died many years ago.  Almost no one supports it, either in the government or outside it.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2022, 09:07:00 AM »
I would agree with that.  While I think there are some that are dang sharp, there are quite a few that really know next to nothing.
It's not the things they don't know - it's the things they do know that just ain't so.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain