Author Topic: Kentucky weather....  (Read 383 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Kentucky weather....
« on: January 09, 2022, 12:42:33 PM »
The storm on Thursday blanketed much of Ky with 2-10 inches of snow, some light and fluffy, some wet and heavy depending on where in the state.  It was in the teens for three days straight.  We got out Saturday for a few hours while it was warming up.  Last night it rained and warmed up even more and melted all the snow, so now we have a wet basement again and all the low lying areas are flooded.  Our pond is close to the highest we have ever seen it.

Are you folks seeing this yo-yo weather in your area?  Personally this sucks big time.

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Kentucky weather....
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 02:35:20 PM »
Sucks for me in Ohio because we haven’t gotten crap for snow and every time the ski resort here gets a decent base it rains and melts it away….

I can see some serious flooding for those down in KY and VA as that rain was pretty heavy last night.  On top of all that snow rivers/streams gotta be high

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 04:55:51 PM »
Seeing it here in MO, but it's always like that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 07:45:10 AM »

Are you folks seeing this yo-yo weather in your area?  Personally this sucks big time.

Yo-Yo weather is a Kentucky feature. One day we're getting cold freezing weather from a Canadian front the next tee-shirt weather and thunder storms from the gulf then back to freezing the day after that.

As we like to say
Don't like the weather? Wait 10 minutes and it will change.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:59:34 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 07:59:51 AM »
No yo-yo here in WI. Just cold with a little lake effect snow every couple days. Maybe it won't squeak by next week.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?