Author Topic: FBI on 06JAN  (Read 1217 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
FBI on 06JAN
« on: January 11, 2022, 02:17:26 PM »
"I cannot answer that."

Said by the rep for most every question, including, "Did FBI agents or informants participate in the events on 06JAN?"

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/01/11/who-is-ray-epps-watching-fbis-jill-sanborn-squirm-as-ted-cruz-grills-her-about-fbi-involvement-with-january-6-is-worth-all-the-popcorn-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: FBI on 06JAN
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 03:01:37 PM »
She is just refusing to answer.  As the comments said, I figure if she didn't know or the answer was no, she would have said that.  She changed her answer to "not to my knowledge" on the last question. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 03:03:43 PM »
At this point, we know it was an orchestrated event encouraged and led by federal agents and informants.  It is just a matter of getting the feds to admit it and release all the evidence. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 03:24:56 PM »
The MSM when someone on the right won't answer a question

The MSM when someone on the left won't answer a question

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 05:16:41 PM »
At this point, we know it was an orchestrated event encouraged and led by federal agents and informants.  It is just a matter of getting the feds to admit it and release all the evidence.

Good luck with that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 05:52:33 PM »
In the meantime, the "Federal Select Committee" has said that they interviewed Epps and that he assured them he was neither a fed nor informant. If everyone is so sure, why did the FBI refuse to confirm what the committee stated? Also, if he was not a Fed, then why was he wiped from wanted posters when there is clear evidence - much more than for most others being held without bail - that he incited people? Why is he not under arrest? Why did the Select Committee not call in Capitol Police to arrest him when he appeared before them?

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/01/11/spokesperson-ray-epps-told-the-january-6-select-committee-that-no-he-wasnt-working-for-the-feds/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 09:15:12 PM »
soooooooooooooooooo, yes.
It is nice grandstanding, but no one thinks anything will come of it, right?

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 11:28:54 PM »

Does it ever? 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 08:54:05 AM »
Even if the R's had a full control I doubt anything would happen.  The main thing Congress could do is cut funding to that agency, but I don't see the present leadership doing it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:09:26 AM by MechAg94 »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »
Even if the R's had a full control I doubt anything would happen.  The main thing Congress could do it cut funding to that agency, but I don't see the present leadership doing it.

The Rs have a habit of pretty much rolling over and playing dead whenever they're in full control. It's really really irritating.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2022, 09:12:24 AM »
The Rs have a habit of pretty much rolling over and playing dead whenever they're in full control. It's really really irritating.
When Darryl Issa was a committee chairman, he talked a good game - but nothing happened.

When Trey Gowdy took over he not only talked a better game, but shook his fist - and still nothing happened.

The R's have steadily disappointed me for years . . . decades:mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 10:17:42 AM »
In the meantime, the "Federal Select Committee" has said that they interviewed Epps and that he assured them he was neither a fed nor informant. If everyone is so sure, why did the FBI refuse to confirm what the committee stated?
Glomar response, standard procedure.

there is clear evidence - much more than for most others being held without bail - that he incited people? Why is he not under arrest? Why did the Select Committee not call in Capitol Police to arrest him when he appeared before them?
Did he break or steal anything, assault anyone, or even enter the Capitol building?
To my knowledge, everyone charged has done one of those and no one has been charged with incitement.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2022, 12:10:35 PM »
Did he break or steal anything, assault anyone, or even enter the Capitol building?
To my knowledge, everyone charged has done one of those and no one has been charged with incitement.
Aren't they trying to trump up (  ;)  ) some charges against Donald Trump for just that?

As for Jill Sanborn - refusing to answer is baloney. Unless she clearly stated under oath she was ignorant of the goings on or was asserting her 5th Amendment right against self incrimination, Capitol police should have taken her out in handcuffs and put her in a cell until she DID answer. (errrr . . . wasn't she on a video call? A little harder to accomplish that.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 03:02:12 PM »
Did he break or steal anything, assault anyone, or even enter the Capitol building? To my knowledge, everyone charged has done one of those
This is no longer the case.
Federal prosecutors have charged the founder of the Oath Keepers and 10 other members of the far-right group with seditious conspiracy for their role in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, the Justice Department announced Thursday.

Stewart Rhodes, 56, was arrested Thursday in Little Elm, Texas, and also faces charges for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol.

The Oath Keepers leader and founder has said he was present at the riot but never entered the Capitol.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 05:20:25 PM »
Oath Keeper Founder and Yale Law Grad Stewart Rhodes Arrested, Charged with ‘Seditious Conspiracy’ in Connection With January 6 Capitol Riot
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/yale-law-grad-oath-keeper-founder-stewart-rhodes-arrested-charged-with-seditious-conspiracy/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 09:30:26 PM »
So... They are going after a lawyer who is a nut about splitting hairs regarding the constitution? Gonna be fun...
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2022, 07:14:38 AM »
I remember rankling a couple folks here during the early days of the Trump administration by calling this particular dept a den of traitors.

Nothing has happened over the last 5 years to change that assessment has it?

It is no longer hard to believe the govmn't is the enemy of America.

It's not that Americans are the the enemy of the govmn't. Americans aren't even paying attention.

It's right in our faces. Time to wake up. 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 02:08:16 PM »
I just hope Cruz and Sinema don't get on the same plane.

I figured the jig was up when I heard a Superman & Lois commercial where he says he gave his loyalty to the world a long time ago.

:facepalm: