Author Topic: Sinema just killed the Dem push to weaken the Senate filibuster  (Read 623 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Sinema just killed the Dem push to weaken the Senate filibuster
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 05:06:58 PM »
Annnnnd it's about race

Blue-check consultant exposes the ‘Sinema secret’: She’s a ‘plain old bigot’ who chose white supremacy
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/01/13/blue-check-consultant-exposes-the-sinema-secret-shes-a-plain-old-bigot-who-chose-white-supremacy/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 05:11:27 PM »
Annnnnd it's about race

Blue-check consultant exposes the ‘Sinema secret’: She’s a ‘plain old bigot’ who chose white supremacy
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/01/13/blue-check-consultant-exposes-the-sinema-secret-shes-a-plain-old-bigot-who-chose-white-supremacy/

Which is what they say every time a white woman won't go along with the Left-wing nonsense of the day.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 05:15:01 PM »
And I see that Biden has now shifted (I don't know if it's from his handlers or if he went off the rez) to "It's about who counts the votes" regarding this relating to "voters rights", which just means that they want to have control over who counts the votes. Not sure that this move will play their way outside of the social media loudmouths.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 08:42:16 PM »
Biden wasn't happy about it, and managed to channel Stalin, then admit "it's about election subversion"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8qVSGkyKmQ

On a related subject, ballot drop boxes are illegal in WI, at least until the appeal.

https://cbs58.com/news/ballot-drop-boxes-prohibited-in-wisconsin-waukesha-co-judge-rules
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:57:36 PM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 10:46:27 AM »
And I see that Biden has now shifted (I don't know if it's from his handlers or if he went off the rez) to "It's about who counts the votes" regarding this relating to "voters rights", which just means that they want to have control over who counts the votes. Not sure that this move will play their way outside of the social media loudmouths.
When I was watching this clip, I was thinking two things -

1. Does Biden have ANY idea that he's sounding an awful lot like Stalin when he says this?

and

2. Do any Republicans have the wit to point that out in a public setting?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 12:31:44 PM »
We are not too many slips and trips from political assassinations and it will be done by the left and people like Sinema will be the example.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 02:25:12 PM »
We are not too many slips and trips from political assassinations and it will be done by the left and people like Sinema will be the example.
It would seem to be a long way off, but it sure looks like there are a lot of people in politics who 1) behave as if the ends justify the means, and 2) have very little ability to see the consequences of their actions.  That is a recipe for a lot of bad stuff if the wrong people get into a position to make decisions and have them carried out. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 02:27:45 PM »
Kyrsten Sinema didn't kill herself
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes