Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 131078 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2022, 04:56:15 PM »
I heard on the news, I wish I could remember where, that cyber attacks on the Ukrainian banks have begun.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2022, 06:48:44 PM »
I heard on the news, I wish I could remember where, that cyber attacks on the Ukrainian banks have begun.

Meh, that’s just Trudeau keeping Ukrainian money out of canuckistan.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2022, 11:43:01 AM »
Meh, that’s just Trudeau keeping Ukrainian money out of canuckistan.

I didn't think Trudeau did this. Apparently, some shelling in Ukraine has happened. I get this feeling that could turn into something similar to the Korean War.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/shelling-breaks-out-east-ukraine-west-moscow-dispute-troop-moves-2022-02-17/

Uranus is a gas giant.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2022, 07:49:56 AM »
Well, I guess the border czar is finally going to the actual border. Just the wrong one.

Harris flies to Europe to help secure Ukraine border as Biden stays behind

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/02/17/vp-kamala-harris-says-shes-on-scene-and-working-to-secure-the-border-no-not-that-border/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2022, 08:47:50 AM »
I'm still undecided as to whether Harris is the first or the second most useless pantsuit wearing critter on the planet.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2022, 09:08:48 AM »
I'm still undecided as to whether Harris is the first or the second most useless pantsuit wearing critter on the planet.

Take your pick.
One is flat out evil.
The other a bumbling idiot who aspires to be the first.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2022, 06:16:22 PM »
Huge gas pipeline explosion in the Gulf of Tonkan eastern Ukraine.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2022, 08:37:11 PM »
Russian Military Has ‘Received Orders Now To Proceed With The Invasion’ Of Ukraine, Report Says
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-russian-military-has-received-orders-now-to-proceed-with-the-invasion-of-ukraine-report-says
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2022, 05:17:59 PM »
I've often thought that Putin's ultimate political goal was to reassemble the Soviet Union, with him as dictator.  Starting to look as though I was right.
And I have always thought he is a dangerous individual, and no friend of freedom and liberty for Russian citizens.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2022, 06:28:09 PM »
Sounds like anschlussky is on,  vlad sending peacekeepers to the breakaway parts.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2022, 07:43:22 PM »
Well at least I'll be able to get a beer in Poland.  Better than Iraq or Kuwait.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2022, 07:46:36 PM »
I've often thought that Putin's ultimate political goal was to reassemble the Soviet Union, with him as dictator.  Starting to look as though I was right.
And I have always thought he is a dangerous individual, and no friend of freedom and liberty for Russian citizens.

So, Putin is just trying to get the band back together, so to say.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2022, 09:03:38 PM »
Well *expletive deleted*it

Live Putin orders troops into eastern Ukraine
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60454795
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2022, 12:11:46 AM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2022, 08:07:14 AM »
Well, Brandon did say that he wasn't worried about "minor incursions". Putin took him at his word.

I see that China is threatening sanctions against us if we interfere. That could get interesting. It's also embarrassing, as it's China letting us know we're not the tough guy on the block anymore - they are. Whatever you think of Trump, China never would have threatened sanctions against us if he were in right now. Or at least they would have backed down after Trump told them what his scorched Earth economic response would be if they did it. For that matter, there likely wouldn't be ruskie troops in Ukraine, and the Nordstream wouldn't be factoring in as a bargaining chip.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2022, 08:12:19 AM »
Oh, and the MSM is blaming Trump for allowing Nordstream.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/30012022/climate-nord-stream-2-russia-ukraine/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2022, 08:23:33 AM »
Vlad is dusting off the same playbook he used in Georgia, and in the Crimean peninsula. His timing is impeccable; we have a senile old man "leading" the U.S., Boris in the U.K. is fully occupied trying to stay in office, Merkel is gone from Germany, and Macron is ... well, Macron. The president of Ukraine said over the weekend that the west is facing karma for having allowed the annexation of Crimea to go unanswered, and I think he is correct.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2022, 08:32:21 AM »
I agree with you and him.  The west has made it clear they weren't going to war over the Ukraine, and Putin decided whatever sanctions might be coming are worth it.

I guess we'll see if he stops, or starts eying the Balkans.  Or if something happens to drag more countries into it.  Does everyone in Europe know the location of all their Archdukes and heirs?

Realistically if the Powers That Be decide they want a war, they're going to get their war.  Logic, reason, democracy, and our wishes be damned.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2022, 09:06:14 AM »
I think the establishment types have no problem with low level wars in poor countries where there is high profit and little change of it escalating.  I wonder if they are fearful of a larger conflict or they just identify with foreign dictators and tend to give them a lot of leeway.  Part of it may be they are not near as smart as they think they are and those dictators manipulate them easily. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2022, 09:17:10 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2022, 09:23:16 AM »
Don't worry, Brandon and gang made sure the US has plenty of excess to pick up the slack.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2022, 09:45:54 AM »
Hmmm ...

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/defying-west-putin-orders-troops-to-ukraine-rebel-regions/ar-AAU8rKm

In his address, Putin repeatedly suggested Ukraine was essentially part of Russia.

He accused Kyiv of persecuting Russian speakers and of preparing a "blitzkrieg" against the breakway regions of of Donetsk and Lugansk in Ukraine's east.

Good golly, Miss Molly! Isn't that exactly what Putin has done against any regions that have tried to break away from Mother Russia? (Chechnya.) He's not exactly occupying the moral high ground here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design