Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 130938 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2022, 09:48:38 AM »
He pulled the blame Canada deal on them. Ukraine, they’re not a real country anyway!

So how long does Taiwan have? Olympics are over, the world is preoccupied and no one is home in DC.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2022, 09:57:56 AM »
So Brandon is only doing sanctions on the breakaway regions of Ukraine, and not on Russia proper?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »
Oh, look! Our state department has ramped up social media warfare against the ruskies.  ;/

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/22/u-s-embassy-in-kyiv-answers-putins-invasion-of-ukraine-with-a-meme/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2022, 10:09:51 AM »
Biden is threatening to unfriend Putin on facebook
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2022, 11:25:22 AM »
So Brandon is only doing sanctions on the breakaway regions of Ukraine, and not on Russia proper?
Biden should try some reverse psychology.  Since sanctions aren't working well, he should lift some sanctions to see if that works.  Also, Russia has too many guns and ammo.  Lift sanctions on them so those can be shipped to the US. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »
Putin is going to do this and he knows darn well there is nothing anyone is going to do about it beyond exercising their mouths.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2022, 11:50:34 AM »
I'm more worried about how the foolish dementia-addled crook in the White House will respond.  Will he drag us into a shooting war?  He is not in any way equipped to deal with serious foreign policy issues.  And the advisors in his administration are idiots, as well.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2022, 11:53:54 AM »
I'm more worried about how the foolish dementia-addled crook in the White House will respond.  Will he drag us into a shooting war?  He is not in any way equipped to deal with serious foreign policy issues.  And the advisors in his administration are idiots, as well.

Sorry, but according to Mathew Dowd, you are now a traitor to your country for saying that.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/22/matthew-dowd-plays-the-dissent-is-treason-card-over-criticism-of-joe-biden-on-russia-and-ukraine/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2022, 12:05:37 PM »
Taiwan better lube up.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2022, 12:08:54 PM »
Sorry, but according to Mathew Dowd, you are now a traitor to your country for saying that.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/22/matthew-dowd-plays-the-dissent-is-treason-card-over-criticism-of-joe-biden-on-russia-and-ukraine/

During the Obama years they always threw in a charge of racism as well.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2022, 12:54:04 PM »
During the Obama years they always threw in a charge of racism as well.

That's a given now because everything is racist.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2022, 01:45:07 PM »
I'll tell you one thing this is good for: making my retirement accounts take a dump.  I am down around $ 60K from the beginning of the year and the rate of decline has picked up speed over the past couple of weeks due to the pending war.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2022, 01:47:46 PM »
Up your Raytheon and Honeywell holdings. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »
Up your Raytheon and Honeywell holdings.

I'm buying some more AVAV.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2022, 01:50:09 PM »
That's a given now because everything is racist.

Everything white people do or have done is racist
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2022, 05:57:13 PM »
Just had A-10's go over fast and low. Hope we don't wind up in the middle of this crap.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2022, 06:47:05 PM »
Just had A-10's go over fast and low. Hope we don't wind up in the middle of this crap.

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t. Probably to late to not pull a chamberlain but there do need to be actual red lines in the world. If Russia is intent on remaking the ussr against the will of the client states at some point that demands action. No pipelines, strangle their few ports probably by refusing entry to any shipping line that deals with the Russians or proxies. If the security Council cannot be disbanded leave the U.N. and start another organization. Complete economic smothering, not targeted sanctions.
AKA Navy Joe   

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2022, 07:00:40 PM »
What's the going rate on Hunter's paintings now?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2022, 07:20:35 PM »
Joe threw up some sanctions on Russia today.  Not sure if that will make a difference to Putin though.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2022, 08:18:02 PM »
Damned if we do, damned if we don’t. Probably to late to not pull a chamberlain but there do need to be actual red lines in the world. If Russia is intent on remaking the ussr against the will of the client states at some point that demands action. No pipelines, strangle their few ports probably by refusing entry to any shipping line that deals with the Russians or proxies. If the security Council cannot be disbanded leave the U.N. and start another organization. Complete economic smothering, not targeted sanctions.

How would US citizens benefit from this course of action?

Tucker Carlson makes a good point about Ukraine connections to the Biden family. The wealth they’ve made off Ukrainian government lobbying in the US has to give pause to anyone considering intervention.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2022, 08:19:33 PM »

I'm not sure Europe could actually do that, energy-wise.  Or if it did manage to cut off Russia, it would hand even more power to the screaming beards.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2022, 08:25:10 PM »
How would US citizens benefit from this course of action?

Tucker Carlson makes a good point about Ukraine connections to the Biden family. The wealth they’ve made off Ukrainian government lobbying in the US has to give pause to anyone considering intervention.

We don’t have to replay 1917 or 1941 where we should have been taking decisive action far sooner if we were going to act at all. China and Russia will own the world if there are no checks on their aggressive behaviors.
AKA Navy Joe   

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2022, 06:10:17 AM »
We don’t have to replay 1917 or 1941 where we should have been taking decisive action far sooner if we were going to act at all. China and Russia will own the world if there are no checks on their aggressive behaviors.

Why is the former capital of the Russian empire the line? Surely Russia not wanting Ukraine in nato is not a green light for capturing all of Europe.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."