Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 130864 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2022, 11:24:23 PM »
What a *expletive deleted*ing jackass

Kyiv and Kharkiv are being bombed. The largest invasion on our planet since WW2. Republicans are rooting for the Russians. God be with Ukraine and democracy.

— Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) February 24, 2022
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/02/23/dem-rep-eric-swalwell-knows-which-side-republicans-are-rooting-for-as-kyiv-and-kharkiv-are-being-bombed/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2022, 11:27:37 PM »
He needs a swift kick in the nuts for that comment

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2022, 11:31:18 PM »
He needs a swift kick in the nuts for that comment

Why stop at one?

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2022, 11:32:25 PM »
Live updates from inside Ukraine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »
Oil over $100 a barrel
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2022, 11:52:16 PM »

Joy Reid didn't want to be outdone

MSNBC's Joy Reid: Republicans want a 'White Christian autocracy'
Reid argued Republicans support Russia and Vladimir Putin over the United States
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-joy-reid-republicans-want-white-christian-autocracy
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2022, 12:09:39 AM »
... and Pelosi can't tell the difference between Ukraine and Hungary:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1496537971474014213
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2022, 12:24:08 AM »

So . . . no more Russian ammo for a while, I suppose.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2022, 03:12:17 AM »
That we can have an informed opinion on the matter presupposes we actually know what is really going on.

We are on a need to know basis and it has been determined we don't need to know.

My default is no military action, no war, unless it can be clearly demonstrated that it is necessary for the security of the USA.

The politicians and top military brass burned through all the good will and any trust I used to have in them.

Why do we consistently keep believing and giving the benefit of the doubt to demonstrable liars?

We've been conditioned to do so by media.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2022, 07:20:27 AM »
"But as long as Biden’s handlers don’t do something galacticly stupid we will see little meaningful effect."

So, we're completely *expletive deleted*ed, then.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2022, 07:59:01 AM »
I haven't heard, what are Germany, France and Britain saying and wanting to do about this? Let me guess without hearing a thing. Nothing ...

This is Obama/Bidens fault. The color revolution installing the western puppet government happened on their watch. Remember when Obama said there isn't anything Biden couldn't f up? I suspect Ukraine has been his personal project all along. Joe was just trying to build Ukraine back better.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2022, 08:00:00 AM »
Russian President Vladimir Putin threatened 'consequences you have never seen' to any country that interferes in Ukraine

We used to have a guy in charge that said the same kind of thing, which likely kept this guy in check. Brandon is just going to stand there, drooling.

Given the lopsidedness, I'm not sure how long Ukraine can hold out on their own (not saying we should get involved, just stating the lopsidedness). I suppose one thing that could help Ukraine is that Putin wants to absorb them, not destroy them and their infrastructure. That could mean Ukrainians with rifles could make a difference.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2022, 08:13:02 AM »
Putin is getting rid of our (probably) CIA stooges on his border while we ignore the CCP and WEF globalist stooges running Canada right on our border.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2022, 08:15:46 AM »
Interesting comments on the profitability of this for Putin. Had Brandon not shut down our fossil fuel capabilities, this would not be as profitable for Putin, and we would have been in a position to provide oil exports to others. I just now heard on the TV that as of yesterday, we were still buying 700 million barrels of oil a month from Russia. If part of our sanctions are cutting that off, gasoline is really gonna go up here.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/24/russia-feels-no-pain-just-profit-with-the-price-of-gold-and-oil-rising-russia-is-profiting-off-of-its-invasion-of-ukraine/

I also heard something on the TV that while a little tinfoily, did get me thinking: Once we go hard on sanctions, the ruskie cyberguys will start hitting us, and it was recommended to start printing paper statements of your bank accounts and increase the security of your critical accounts, including frequent password changes. I do two-factor on all my financial stuff, but paranoid or not, I kind of think it's a good idea to print out my current financial statements today.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2022, 08:59:30 AM »
I haven't heard, what are Germany, France and Britain saying and wanting to do about this? Let me guess without hearing a thing. Nothing ...

This is Obama/Bidens fault. The color revolution installing the western puppet government happened on their watch. Remember when Obama said there isn't anything Biden couldn't f up? I suspect Ukraine has been his personal project all along. Joe was just trying to build Ukraine back better.
We know Biden and his family were using the Ukraine as their personal piggy bank of corrupt dealings.  I am sure they weren't the only elites with corrupt dealing there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2022, 09:01:43 AM »
We used to have a guy in charge that said the same kind of thing, which likely kept this guy in check. Brandon is just going to stand there, drooling.

Given the lopsidedness, I'm not sure how long Ukraine can hold out on their own (not saying we should get involved, just stating the lopsidedness). I suppose one thing that could help Ukraine is that Putin wants to absorb them, not destroy them and their infrastructure. That could mean Ukrainians with rifles could make a difference.

How many of those Russian military assets are actually there around the Ukraine versus at other Russian bases far away?

I am am sure Putin is using enough.  The question will be how well the Ukrainian military is prepared for this and if they put up a fight. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2022, 09:06:50 AM »
How many of those Russian military assets are actually there around the Ukraine versus at other Russian bases far away?

I am am sure Putin is using enough.  The question will be how well the Ukrainian military is prepared for this and if they put up a fight.

I mean, obviously Russia's assets aren't all there, but they're the ones with plenty to spare. They just reported that Ukraine's air defenses have already been essentially nullified.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2022, 09:21:03 AM »
Just did a quick perusal of EU news outlets, they don't seem to be very worried about Russia but are talking sanctions. Talk of taking in refugees is also prominent.

This will be a 1, 2 week story I bet.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2022, 09:39:31 AM »
I mean, obviously Russia's assets aren't all there, but they're the ones with plenty to spare. They just reported that Ukraine's air defenses have already been essentially nullified.
I know that, but some of the media show slides like that as if it is a video game and they are all going to fight. 

They did the same thing with nuclear weapons numbers during the cold war in the 1980's.  Those at least theoretically could have been used. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2022, 09:40:43 AM »
Just did a quick perusal of EU news outlets, they don't seem to be very worried about Russia but are talking sanctions. Talk of taking in refugees is also prominent.

Of course, it won't necessarily be Ukrainian refugees. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2022, 09:42:12 AM »
Dan Crenshaw
@DanCrenshawTX
·
18h
We import 595,000 barrels of oil per day from Russia.

The Keystone XL pipeline would have produced 830,000 barrels per day.

Relying on Russian oil is a choice. And it’s a stupid one.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2022, 09:44:04 AM »
And from another universe

Stephen King
@StephenKing
 Â· Feb 22
Mr. Putin has made a serious miscalculation.
He forgot he's no longer dealing with Trump.

Putin right now  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2022, 09:47:56 AM »
Without getting even more tinfoily than I usually am  :laugh:  , this might be a good time to check on short and long term SHTF supplies, ala the covid run on goods. Putin's threat regarding interference by the West is much more likely cyberwarfare than nuclear warfare. Whether he can attack our power grid or not, as the MSM talks about it more and more, the old water and TP shortages via panic buying might be coming back.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2022, 09:53:26 AM »

Maybe for the major ground operations.
The insurgency could go on for months even years.
- Calvin and Hobbes