Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 131086 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2022, 12:20:12 PM »
I almost feel bad putting this in a serious thread. Genius David Hogg thinks everyone should jump on Tinder to do psyops on Russian soldiers, as per a nearly 80 year old OSS manual. Mr anti-gun is now an I/CI expert.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/02/27/impressively-dumb-harvards-pride-david-hogg-tells-people-to-find-russian-soldiers-on-social-media-sites-like-tinder-to-sabotage-them/

That boy is as sharp as a bowling ball
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2022, 12:25:58 PM »
Elon Musk activates Starlink internet service in Ukraine. Will allow Ukrainians to use for free to keep communications going during invasion.

There was a time when I thought Musk was just a knucklehead, but he is kinda turning into Hank Reardon these past couple of years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2022, 12:32:29 PM »
You know, when we started this thread however many pages ago I would not have picked "Ukrane holds off the Red Army long enough initial logistics start to break down" as a possible outcome.

Whatever other crazy *expletive deleted*it Putin ends up doing, the Ukrainians,  both professional military and not, are putting up a hell of a fight.

This is very true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2022, 01:00:05 PM »
Translated from reflections off vibrating window glass:

"Hey, if they can do it with Ukraine, we can do it with Taiwan!"

Translated from a pellet transmitter in a desk phone:

"Hey, if they can do it with Ukraine, we can do it with South Korea!"

Translated from....

Kinda shrinks yer sphincters, don't it?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 01:32:04 AM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2022, 01:14:31 PM »
Reportedly 5,000 anti war protesters arrested in Russia

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60542877
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #355 on: February 27, 2022, 01:25:30 PM »
Sweden to send arms to Ukraine

Sweden has announced it will send military equipment and other aid to Ukraine.

Announcing the move, Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson said it would be the first time Sweden had sent weapons to a country in conflict since the Soviet invasion of Finland in 1939.

She said the shipments would include 5,000 single-use anti-tank launchers, 5,000 pieces of body armour, and 5,000 helmets as well as 135,000 ration packs.

"My conclusion is now that our security is best served by us supporting Ukraine's ability to defend itself against Russia," Andersson said.

It comes after the European Union announced it would buy weapons and deliver them to Ukraine, the first time in its history it has taken such a step.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #356 on: February 27, 2022, 02:21:57 PM »
Kyiv totally surrounded, mayor says, blocking escape routes

Kyiv’s mayor has been speaking to the Associated Press and says the city is now "encircled" by Russian forces.

Vitali Klitschko was asked

whether there were plans to evacuate civilians should Russian troops seize the capital.

“We can’t do that, because all ways are blocked,” he said. “Right now we are encircled.”

Air raids have been sounding in the city as residents face another night under the threat of air strikes.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #357 on: February 27, 2022, 04:11:01 PM »
An-225 confirmed destroyed.  :mad: [ar15]
It was apparently being serviced in Ukraine when a cruise missile hit the hanger. (Gee, I wonder whose missile it might have been?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #358 on: February 27, 2022, 04:33:01 PM »

Nevermind

Do not believe lies, Kyiv mayor says
Vitali Klitschko,
Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images

Not long ago, we reported that Kyiv's mayor had told Associated Press that his city was "encircled" by Russian forces.

Now Vitali Klitschko is saying that is not the case, and it is in fact "disinformation".

Writing on the Telegram messaging app, he said: "Russian internet publications spread information with reference to me that Kyiv is allegedly surrounded and evacuation of people is impossible.

"Do not believe lies! Trust information only from official sources", he said.

As ever, the situation remains fluid.

A curfew remains in place in the capital, with many residents taking cover in basements and underground stations.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #359 on: February 27, 2022, 05:27:34 PM »
It was apparently being serviced in Ukraine when a cruise missile hit the hanger. (Gee, I wonder whose missile it might have been?)

Donald Trump's, that war-mongering cheeto bastard.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2022, 05:56:05 PM »

It wasn't really Trump's missile unless it was gold-plated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2022, 06:01:03 PM »

Orange Man Missile bad

- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2022, 06:04:36 PM »
I'm wondering if Putin is going to have to deal with a coup or civil war in the near future in Russia.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2022, 06:18:48 PM »
I'm wondering if Putin is going to have to deal with a coup or civil war in the near future in Russia.

After the banks open in Russia Monday morning maybe sooner than later
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2022, 06:22:51 PM »

So there was a Russian tiktok I saw yesterday that had a woman who was saying how bad she felt and how no one she knew supported this, even pro Putin voters. She also pointed out that she had protested and "done everything she could do."

I may have pointed out that she and her fellow Russians have not actually done everything they could do and they don't have to wait until October.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2022, 06:59:51 PM »
I predict the western puppets in Ukraine will be replaced by Russian puppets.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #367 on: February 27, 2022, 07:39:29 PM »

I may have pointed out that she and her fellow Russians have not actually done everything they could do and they don't have to wait until October.

What should they do? 

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2022, 08:34:29 PM »
What should they do?

... Was "October" not enough of a hint?  ???
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2022, 09:10:39 PM »
Roughly two-thirds of Russian forces located along the border have now been committed inside Ukraine, an increase from 24 hours earlier when about half of those forces were committed inside the country, the official said.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/airspace-over-ukraine-still-contested-senior-us-defense-official
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2022, 09:20:01 PM »
I understood from a snippet of news that they're releasing guns to the population?

Should I laugh, or cry?

A well regulated (trained, equipped) militia...

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2022, 09:34:09 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2022, 09:52:45 PM »
I understood from a snippet of news that they're releasing guns to the population?

Should I laugh, or cry?

A well regulated (trained, equipped) militia...
I have seen mentions of Ukraine giving guns to citizens and providing training for months, long before the recent fighting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2022, 10:18:19 PM »
I have seen mentions of Ukraine giving guns to citizens and providing training for months, long before the recent fighting.
I don’t think any guns were actually passed out until the bear was at the door, so to speak.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2022, 10:49:21 PM »
Rouble down 40%

Ukraine conflict: Russian rouble plunges after new sanctions announced
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60550992
- Calvin and Hobbes