Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 130958 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #650 on: March 06, 2022, 02:12:14 PM »
Well hold onto your tinfoil. I guess Poland has a green light to give Migs to Ukraine.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #651 on: March 06, 2022, 02:47:47 PM »
Well hold onto your tinfoil. I guess Poland has a green light to give Migs to Ukraine.

I just read Warsaw said not true, thankfully, fake news.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #652 on: March 06, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #653 on: March 06, 2022, 03:54:29 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #654 on: March 06, 2022, 04:12:05 PM »
GERMANY RE-ARMING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4njJatAhA

Video from Military Aviation History.  Looks like Germany is trying to take a 180 degree turn in foreign policy and funding their army and air force....thanks to Putin. 

As he said, we will see if they follow through.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #655 on: March 06, 2022, 04:17:23 PM »
I just read Warsaw said not true, thankfully, fake news.

Link?

What I've seen is that:

Poland had approached the White House last week after it weighed in on sending its warplanes to Ukraine amid Russia's growing aggression. Warsaw asked the White House if the Biden administration could guarantee fighter jets to fill the gap to which the former replied that they would look into the matter.

And today:
Reporter: What more can the United States do here?  If, for instance, the Polish government, a NATO member, wants to send fighter jets: Does that get a green light for the US, or are you afraid that will escalate tension?

Blinken: No, that gets a green light.  In fact we're talking with our Polish friends right now about what we might be able to do to backfill their needs if in fact they choose to provide these fighter jets to the Ukrainians.  What can we do, how can we help to makes sure they get something to backfill the planes that they are handing over to the Ukrainians.  We're in very active discussions with them about that.

It seems the the ball is back in Poland's court.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #656 on: March 06, 2022, 04:42:40 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #657 on: March 06, 2022, 05:45:12 PM »
Link?

What I've seen is that:

And today:
It seems the the ball is back in Poland's court.
All I have is a tweet -  https://twitter.com/PremierRP_en/status/1500345167211114497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Chancellery of the Prime Minister of Poland@PremierRP_enReplying to @nexta_tv‼️FAKE NEWS‼️
Unfortunately you are spreading misinformation with quotation from 27/02/22.

Poland won't send its fighter jets to #Ukraine as well as allow to use its airports. We significantly help in many other areas.

With the fog of war who knows?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #658 on: March 06, 2022, 06:12:12 PM »
We're maybe a week or two away from a surrender, new borders and a neutral, NATO assurances of no expansion into Ukraine will follow.

We'll see how well my prognostication based upon others prognostications fairs  :P 

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #659 on: March 06, 2022, 06:28:05 PM »
Taiwan is watching and taking notes I'm sure.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #660 on: March 06, 2022, 07:31:44 PM »
Russia is recruiting Syrians for urban combat in Ukraine, according to U.S. officials:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-recruiting-syrians-for-urban-combat-in-ukraine-u-s-officials-say-11646606234

Belarussians, Chechens, now Syrians.  Russia has really gotten into outsourcing their war.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #661 on: March 06, 2022, 07:46:05 PM »
Ben:
"
This is why it's enlightening to read the stories from foreign sources - even the English translations as long as the translations are done by the source. Just from reading the German news, I get some completely different perspectives. I notice that the English translations are not quite the same story, but close enough.
"

I mentioned exactly that before, but with respect to the short-wave stations of various countries when I got my first short-wave radio back in the seventies:

This is 230RN writing on The Best Source For News thread about a week ago:

"
I turned into a SW {"Short Wave" --ed} Junkie. Each foreign station had their own slant on particular news items.  But for general news they were in basic agreement.  The trouble was this basic agreement often had little to do with what I would get in the US news outlets, which made them sound like they were happening on another planet.

That's when I awakened ("woke" =D ) to the possibility that our news outlets were less than perfect.
"
So it's been going on for a while. Perhaps since the Rosetta Stone.

Thanks for the echo, Ben

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 08:04:58 PM by 230RN »

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #662 on: March 06, 2022, 07:52:17 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #663 on: March 06, 2022, 09:02:52 PM »
Trump has a horrible idea about what the USA should do- though I assume he is probably joking:

Speaking of the situation in Ukraine, Trump told donors that the US should put Chinese flags on America's F-22s and then 'bomb the s***' out of Russia, leading to conflict between the nations while 'we sit back and watch.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10582503/Trump-says-let-situation-Ukraine-continue-slams-paper-tiger-NATO.html

This is a joke right?   :O

I assumed it was a joke, so did DW. 

On the other hand, DW corresponds with an uber-liberal.  That person sent her the above, along with a rant about how "orange man" is batshit crazy, an F'ing moron and we're lucky he's not still in the White House or we'd be neck deep in WW3.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #664 on: March 06, 2022, 09:22:48 PM »
I suspect we are already at least balls deep in WWIII behind the scenes. My main question is which side is our government on...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #665 on: March 06, 2022, 09:25:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1500631918584467464

Hacking group Anonymous interrupts Russian state TV programs with footage of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine and an anti-war message.

It claims to have accessed TV channels “Russia 24”, “Channel 1”, “Moscow 24”, & streaming services Wink and Ivi.

Haven't seen independent confirmation yet.
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #666 on: March 06, 2022, 09:40:09 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/world/nato-countries-green-light-send-fighter-jets-ukraine-blinken

Looks like Polish jets to Ukraine is going to happen.
The tweet I posted from the Polish Prime Ministers Chancellery saying they will not be sending jets was after SOS Blinkins visit to Poland yesterday. I haven't seen anything from Poland on the subject today.

Did the US say do it and Poland is balking?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #667 on: March 06, 2022, 09:42:07 PM »
The tweet I posted from the Polish Prime Ministers Chancellery saying they will not be sending jets was after SOS Blinkins visit to Poland. I haven't seen anything from Poland on the subject today.

Did the US say do it and Poland is balking?

Agreed with the timing, and also thank you for linking the tweet, Ron.

The polish tweet does reference a "quotation from 27/02/22", so I don't know what to believe.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #668 on: March 06, 2022, 09:50:48 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #669 on: March 06, 2022, 11:07:02 PM »
In the Russia/Ukraine conflict, whose side is the US Government on?

China's.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #670 on: March 07, 2022, 07:39:03 AM »
In the Russia/Ukraine conflict, whose side is the US Government on?

China's.

Who won the biding war on Hunter's latest painting?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #671 on: March 07, 2022, 07:41:08 AM »
Putin offering safe evac corridors......to Russia
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #672 on: March 07, 2022, 08:10:29 AM »
Doesn't include a demand of a change in government.

8:00
Kremlin demands Ukraine recognise Crimea as Russian

Russia has said that it can stop operations at "any moment" if Ukraine meets Russian conditions.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov says Ukraine must recognise Crimea as Russian, and Donetsk and Luhansk as independent states.

In addition to this, Peskov says Ukraine must amend its constitution and reject claims to enter any bloc (like Nato, for example).

He adds that Russia will finish the "demilitarisation" of Ukraine, and if these conditions are met Russian military action will "stop in a moment".

The Kremlin spokesman insists that Russia is not seeking to make any further territorial claims on Ukraine.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60635927
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #673 on: March 07, 2022, 08:25:22 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #674 on: March 07, 2022, 08:33:46 AM »
2019 article about Nazi's in Ukraine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-america-training-neonazis-in-ukraine

Was trying to do a quick scan and scrolled down and this popped up

Russian State TV Just Blew Up Putin’s ‘Nazi Ukraine’ Bullshit
JIG’S UP
Russian lawmakers suddenly blab what Putin actually wants in Ukraine—and it has nothing to do with “Nazis.”
- Calvin and Hobbes