Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 133567 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #850 on: March 14, 2022, 09:17:16 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #851 on: March 14, 2022, 09:18:20 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #852 on: March 14, 2022, 09:40:53 PM »
Keith Olbermann says there’s a case for Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard to be detained by the military
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/14/keith-olbermann-says-theres-a-case-for-tucker-carlson-and-tulsi-gabbard-to-be-detained-by-the-military/

Ana Navarro and her View cohosts think DOJ needs to go after Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard as foreign agents of Putin [video]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/03/14/ana-navarro-and-her-view-cohosts-think-doj-needs-to-go-after-tucker-carlson-and-tulsi-gabbard-as-foreign-agents-of-putin-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #853 on: March 14, 2022, 09:42:36 PM »
There is a case for Keith Olbermann to be detained on a 5150.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #854 on: March 14, 2022, 09:43:33 PM »
5150?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #856 on: March 14, 2022, 09:47:10 PM »
My dad was a police officer. I grew up with the 10- codes
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #857 on: March 14, 2022, 10:11:54 PM »
Demetri・FT
@Dimi
#NewChinaRussiaScoop – US told allies that Russia requested 5 types of military gear from China, including #SurfaceToAirMissiles. Also #drones, armored vehicles, logistics vehicles & intelligence-related equipment. US did not provide underlying intelligence in cables to allies.
https://twitter.com/Dimi/status/1503484449987743746

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #858 on: March 14, 2022, 11:03:49 PM »
Keith Olbermann says there’s a case for Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard to be detained by the military
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/14/keith-olbermann-says-theres-a-case-for-tucker-carlson-and-tulsi-gabbard-to-be-detained-by-the-military/

Ana Navarro and her View cohosts think DOJ needs to go after Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard as foreign agents of Putin [video]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/03/14/ana-navarro-and-her-view-cohosts-think-doj-needs-to-go-after-tucker-carlson-and-tulsi-gabbard-as-foreign-agents-of-putin-video/
If Trump was still in, he would be saying the exact opposite. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #860 on: March 14, 2022, 11:30:27 PM »
https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Any reason that started centered on Lexington Ky?
I mean I'm not complaining, lot of snobs
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #861 on: March 14, 2022, 11:39:17 PM »
Any reason that started centered on Lexington Ky?
I mean I'm not complaining, lot of snobs

Hmm ... when I clicked on the link, the map was centered on Lubbock TX.
                         - Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #862 on: March 15, 2022, 12:32:37 AM »
Looks like it tries to IP geolocate you when you follow it.  Mine was centered in east Phoenix.  Not 100% accurate and probably fooled by a firewall if you're running one when you open it.  But close enough for horseshoes and nuclear missile targeting.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #863 on: March 15, 2022, 08:13:01 AM »
Yeah, it seems to get sorta close to you, then marks the largest city near you. It put me in Boise. When I have VPN off, the programs that use my location usually put me on the microwave tower my fixed wireless antenna is pointed at, in a small town in Oregon.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #864 on: March 15, 2022, 08:31:40 AM »
Well I detonated a 1Mt over Lexington and 104k people were killed outright with another 100k+ injured .
Did the same for Louisville, over 2x larger than Lex, and only 4k people died. 9 (no k) injured.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #865 on: March 15, 2022, 08:48:22 AM »
Russian troops slowly encircling Kyiv. Slowly grinding down the Ukrainians.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #866 on: March 15, 2022, 08:49:35 AM »
And now this

Ballsy

Disbelief over European leaders' trip to Kyiv by train

Rob Cameron

BBC Prague Correspondent
Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala (right) and his Polish counterpart Mateusz Morawiecki (left)
Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
The Czech PM (right), his Polish counterpart (left) and the Slovenia PM are heading to Kyiv todayImage caption: The Czech PM (right), his Polish counterpart (left) and the Slovenia PM are heading to Kyiv today

When the Czech prime minister Petr Fiala tweeted he and his Polish and Slovenian counterparts were on their way to Kyiv the initial reaction was - how?

Experts said helicopter or plane would be out of the question. The car journey from the Polish border to Kyiv is over seven hours, and also fraught with danger.

So there was disbelief when it emerged the three would travel to the Ukrainian capital by train - a seven hour journey in peacetime.

Fiala said they had informed EU colleagues last week, and would be travelling as an official European Council delegation.

But an EU official told the BBC the visit had "no formal mandate" from the council, and Brussels had only been notified it was going ahead last night.

The EU recognised the need to show full support to Ukraine, but President Charles Michel had pointed to the "security risks" of the trip.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60746557
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #867 on: March 15, 2022, 08:52:03 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #868 on: March 15, 2022, 10:01:24 AM »
Belarus is saying a missile fired from Ukraine entered the country. Could be pure propaganda  but I also wouldn't put it pass Putin to fire some missiles toward Belarus from Ukraine to try to trigger getting them activity involved. I seriously don't see what the Ukrainians would hope to gain by firing a single missile. into Belarus.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 10:28:31 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #869 on: March 15, 2022, 10:02:08 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #870 on: March 15, 2022, 10:28:14 AM »
What's been happening so far today?

If you're just joining our coverage, here are the latest developments on day 20 of the Russian invasion of Ukraine:

Kyiv's mayor says the capital is entering a "dangerous moment" and has announced a continuous curfew from tonight until Thursday. Authorities say four people were killed this morning in fresh attacks on the city
    Peace talks between Kyiv and Moscow continue today, with Ukraine warning that Russia is likely to renew its offensive if there's no agreement
    The UK is sanctioning 370 Russians as well imposing new trade restrictions on luxury Russian goods and vodka
    The EU has announced a fourth round of sanctions, this time targeting Moscow's ability to finance the invasion
    The Polish, Czech, and Slovenian prime ministers are travelling overland to Kyiv by train, where they plan to meet with President Volodymyr Zelensky
    In Russia, the journalist who protested against the war on a live TV news bulletin is currently on trial in a Moscow court
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60746557
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #871 on: March 15, 2022, 10:50:53 AM »
Man, I sure hope no one get's trigger happy and caps a NATO member Prime Minister..........

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #872 on: March 15, 2022, 10:52:54 AM »
Man, I sure hope no one get's trigger happy and caps a NATO member Prime Minister..........

So many WW1/WW2 precursor similarities right now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #873 on: March 15, 2022, 11:15:49 AM »
The west needs an ironclad reason to officially join the fray. The media has done a good job of getting everyone all worked up, all that's missing is the "final straw" justifying direct engagement.

Ukraine is lost for all practical purposes unless the west jumps into the battle with air superiority and boots on the ground.

For me, China is the wild card here.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #874 on: March 15, 2022, 11:28:08 AM »
Remember The Maine!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams